CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a long way from being caught up, but working on it! You guys really are incredible with your efforts!
Can I cheat and ask who CAExile is? And PE? (Just so I don't have to reread this thread in the future)

Still a long way from being caught up, but working on it! You guys really are incredible with your efforts!
Can I cheat and ask who CAExile is? And PE? (Just so I don't have to reread this thread in the future)

CAExile is the hat of a verified WS member who knew Bob very well. He self identified and PE is his initials.

Lol, I can't believe I'm helping to search for a missing person, when I'm getting totally lost and mixed up between just two threads! I think I'm where I think I am now.

I was just realizing that although it will be best of all if Bob is brought home, of course, there is also something else I am looking forward to - the day when momentum becomes unstoppable. It will be so wonderful if there is ever a day I don't have to worry someone, somewhere will manage to shut the information flow down, or people won't get to hear about Bob, or think he has been found, even if they remember.

I'll have to look for something else to worry about then, but I'll be very glad to do so!

What we want is the momentum to be self sustaining until he is found. It can be-I think there is a really good chance to keep it going. The ripple effect, lol. Better yet, it will be a template for other cases.

Talk about taking the pressure off of LE when it comes to covering such large areas. I am thrilled Geocaching.com is on board. We are going to start this in specific locations and then roll it our more once we see the response.

This is exciting and innovative. In a world where LE is so cash strapped, it is yet another way to take advantage of technology and the best part is that it is free. Time is the only cost. :D

I am considering adding info on the Disappeared episode. There may even be a way to keep the producers in the loop....in fact, it may even be advisable.

That's a good idea. This could make a very interesting story for someone. I wonder if a new group will eventually form? Geocachers for the Missing, or something like that?

Or Hiking...it would be nice to have a mobile volunteer group that could be assembled for searches. Folks who know the terrain and the challenges that might be involved in a search.

Someone has been having fun with the tags on this thread. I am extremely disappointed in what I see as an attempt to derail the effort at recovering Bob with unnecessary distractions. I am fascinated by the energy put into it, however.

I love seeing the new energy and new ideas from our WS posters. What a great job.

Someone has been having fun with the tags on this thread. I am extremely disappointed in what I see as an attempt to derail the effort at recovering Bob with unnecessary distractions. I am fascinated by the energy put into it, however.

The possibility of so many people looking for Bob and the possibility of his being recovered must be quite frightening to those responsible. There must be an entire new level of fear to deal with, if attempts must be made to derail the recovery effort for Bob.

I can't say it surprises me. There is no bottom for the level of desperation exhibited by those who do not want Bob found.

Bob deserves to come home and we'll keep seeking answers until he is brought home, and those responsible are brought to justice to the fullest extent of the law.

Back to the SAR thread to catch up.

The possibility of so many people looking for Bob and the possibility of his being recovered must be quite frightening to those responsible. There must be an entire new level of fear to deal with, if attempts must be made to derail the recovery effort for Bob.

I can't say it surprises me. There is no bottom for the level of desperation exhibited by those who do not want Bob found.

Bob deserves to come home and we'll keep seeking answers until he is brought home, and those responsible are brought to justice to the fullest extent of the law.

I am not going to devote any more energy to this, but you are right Cubby. It shows a weakness and it is backfiring. You want to turn the tide of public opinion-participate in the search. At all. Not because you are doing your due diligence so you can collect when Bob is declared dead, but because you want him found and respectfully buried.

If you are fearful, you lob grenades at the victim of this crime and attempt to poke holes where there are none. You nitpick and you obfuscate-people from sleuthers to guests see it for what it is.

In the meantime, we move on and we try novel ways to locate the man and bring him back to his wife.

Cubs, you are right! Those responsible have been lulled into complacency...this explosion of ideas and interest in finding Bob must be terrifying. Good! I hope they are spending their nights lying awake, hearts pounding!

Thank you believe andsuzyq211. And you are right. The energy is going to be far more productive on this SAR project.

I even find myself checking the SAR thread downstairs before coming up here to catch up on this thread these days.

It's coming together beautifully and I am really excited to see it roll out!

I would also like to circle back, if we can and if there is any interest, on the discussion regarding AH and his pilots license, and the chance it may factor in here at all.

Perhaps he took to the airways after his grandfather disappeared to search for him.

AH has a pilot's license???!!!!

Here in the midwest, it's not that expensive to rent a small plane and many people who have gotten their pilot's license for small aircraft don't own one, they rely on rentals.

Did AH get that license before or after Bob disappeared?

AH has a pilot's license???!!!!

Here in the midwest, it's not that expensive to rent a small plane and many people who have gotten their pilot's license for small aircraft don't own one, they rely on rentals.

Did AH get that license before or after Bob disappeared?

Before.

Does anyone know if the Masonic rings are engraved with names? Maybe that would help locate it as well...it is conceivable it might have been picked up by someone who didnt know what they had.

If it were engraved on the inside of the band, the engraving may have worn off if Bob wore the ring every day (as it sounds like he did). If it is going to be mentioned in a flyer, I'd say that it "may be engraved." That way, if someone found it but the engraving had worn off, they won't eliminate the found ring on that basis.

I had my first wedding ring engraved on the inside with our initials and the date. By the time of the divorce 17 years later, the inside was as smooth as if it had never been engraved.

If it were engraved on the inside of the band, the engraving may have worn off if Bob wore the ring every day (as it sounds like he did). If it is going to be mentioned in a flyer, I'd say that it "may be engraved." That way, if someone found it but the engraving had worn off, they won't eliminate the found ring on that basis.

I had my first wedding ring engraved on the inside with our initials and the date. By the time of the divorce 17 years later, the inside was as smooth as if it had never been engraved.

I saw a lot of debate about which way the compass on the ring should face, etc. But I couldn't find anything about whether it was the 'done thing' to have a ring engraved with a member's initials. So I guess it's just personal choice, though that really is only a guess.

I am drifting from the geocaching line we are developing. Can anyone think of any other groups to notify? We are looking at cachers, hikers and national park emergency alert channels.

SBM

How about photographers? Many of them identify as photographers with hiking being the chore they have to do in order to get the stunning shot they are looking for. In other words, they don't identify as hikers, they identify as photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark