Not open for further replies.
It's not about that, it's about how the song is titled

'Buried in water'

Too much of a coincidence

I'll repost it again -

Dead Man's Bones - Buried in Water on Vimeo

Very interesting.

Dead Man's Bones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Dead Man's Bones is a rock duet consisting of Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields. Their first album, Dead Man's Bones, was released on October 6, 2009 through ANTI- Records. The entire album is a collaboration with the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir started by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea from Los Angeles, California.[1] Gosling performs under the alias "Baby Goose"."

Didn't Elisa Lam send a post card to her friends with Ryan Gosling's name on it?

0S01C340-1.jpg

The song "Buried in water" by Dead Man's Bones. Ryan Gosling. You said they played that song in Vancouver correct? Elisa Lam is originally from Vancouver.

Elisa Lam's body found floating in a 3/4 water tank.

Very eerie. Is this significant people?

I dont see any connection.

The thing i find wild about that post is one: they say there are cameras on every floor but Ive watched every tour video and havent seen these supposed cameras. Also when asked if the guest had been questioned by police they say not at all. wtf?

It seems as if some the security equipment is pretty new (relying on other accounts)

I believe the guest wasn't interviewed because:
a) they were no longer at the hotel when the body was found and
b) they checked in on Feb 1 and I believe that LE knows the time frame of this quite well, if not exactly what happened.

If there is more security footage I think that LE must have a good idea if anyone else was around/with Elisa.

It's not about that, it's about how the song is titled

'Buried in water'

Too much of a coincidence

I'll repost it again -

Dead Man's Bones - Buried in Water on Vimeo

Very interesting.

Dead Man's Bones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Dead Man's Bones is a rock duet consisting of Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields. Their first album, Dead Man's Bones, was released on October 6, 2009 through ANTI- Records. The entire album is a collaboration with the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir started by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea from Los Angeles, California.[1] Gosling performs under the alias "Baby Goose"."

Didn't Elisa Lam send a post card to her friends with Ryan Gosling's name on it? These postcards were her last, and sent via her time spent at Los Angeles days before her disappearance.

0S01C340-1.jpg

The song "Buried in water" by Dead Man's Bones. Ryan Gosling. You said they played that song in Vancouver correct? Elisa Lam is originally from Vancouver.

Elisa Lam's body found floating in a 3/4 water tank.

Very eerie. Is this significant people?

The video of the song was a clip of Dead Man's Bones performing Buried in Water at Venue in Vancouver on October 24, 2009.
Drive was a 2011 film tha Ryan starred in Sounds to me maybe Elisa had an obsession with Ryan? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_(2011_film)
Newspaper story how producers were taken to court over anti-semitic messages and gory in the movie http://www.heritage.com/articles/2012/03/06/heritagewest/news/doc4f50d079b9283067826062.txt

Drive was a 2011 film tha Ryan starred in Sounds to me maybe Elisa had an obsession with Ryan? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_(2011_film)

A young girl had a an obsession with a male actor??? seems fishy!!!

That postcard is such ********. Why u take a picture of 1/3rd the card?? it could say anything we dont know. Its probably regular girl still omg i love ryan gossling he was so awesome in drive blah blah blah

A young girl had a an obsession with a male actor??? seems fishy!!!

That postcard is such ********. Why u take a picture of 1/3rd the card?? it could say anything we dont know. Its probably regular girl still omg i love ryan gossling he was so awesome in drive blah blah blah

Tone it down a bit.

Although I agree, I really would like to see the entire post card than just 1/3 of it.

It seems as if some the security equipment is pretty new (relying on other accounts)

I believe the guest wasn't interviewed because:
a) they were no longer at the hotel when the body was found and
b) they checked in on Feb 1 and I believe that LE knows the time frame of this quite well, if not exactly what happened.

If there is more security footage I think that LE must have a good idea if anyone else was around/with Elisa.

So why did they choose to release the video they did? I believe that was on the 6th they released that video. So guests who claimed to stay between what the 1st - 5th somehow arent suspects? doesnt make sense.

Perhaps there are upgrades. SO why not share the videos?? cover up??

Considering they released the footage they did on the 6th then I cant imagine them being too sure of the time frame at that point. AFTER the guests were there.

Unless that is theyre sure she was killed before the 1st? or on the 1st?

Tone it down a bit.

Although I agree, I really would like to see the entire post card then just 1/3 of it.

My apologies. Im just so in to this case and probably just wish I could see the whole post card. Not 1/3 of it. However I really doubt its anything more than just a card.

This girl was murdered. She didnt plan this.

So why did they choose to release the video they did? I believe that was on the 6th they released that video. So guests who claimed to stay between what the 1st - 5th somehow arent suspects? doesnt make sense.

Perhaps there are upgrades. SO why not share the videos?? cover up??

Considering they released the footage they did on the 6th then I cant imagine them being too sure of the time frame at that point. AFTER the guests were there.

Unless that is theyre sure she was killed before the 1st? or on the 1st?

Personally I think the footage from the hallway outside of the elevator shows LE something more than they let on.

They aren't showing it to the public as it will compromise the possibility of nailing the suspect.

I think that since she was reported missing on the 1st, people who checked in after her room was found empty would unlikely be questioned.

They released the video on the 6th, yes, because they weren't sure if she was DEAD or had fled from a bad situation. However, I think they probably knew if she was dead, who they may be looking for. And I think the possible suspect is known to police, hence no description being released yet.

The other option is that they see no one else in the videos, just Elisa alone, and therefore released this video in hopes her odd behaviour might jog memories if she'd left the hotel and was acting strangely?

My apologies. Im just so in to this case and probably just wish I could see the whole post card. Not 1/3 of it. However I really doubt its anything more than just a card.

I'm assuming the Instagram pic was taken when she was missing so her friend could raise awareness that there might have been something she was creeped out about....i'm thinking it wasn't meant to be seen after we knew she passed away. fact is the person wanted to hide her own identity to avoid the postcard being available publicly....

anyways, the youtube wierd hair guy....for some reason he comes off as someone a bit off.... he's a registered sex offender and watching his videos give me the same odd creepiness as Mxxxxx's gory slitwrist videos.

Maybe the real killer knew her obsession with this actor as I'm NOT saying he (Ryan G) is a part of it. But the killer maybe was fantasizing playing something out? JMO

Just noticed that the door looks tagged too. All around the exit sign. Thought I could make out the word zone but can't really make out anything clearly from the pic. I know they said it was alarmed and locked but it looks like a regular push bar exit to me. No alarm on the handle that I can see and no alarm sensor at the top of the door. I only noticed because last week I was wondering around the Queen Mary ship in Long Beach and went to a bunch of areas I shouldn't have been. Some doors had alarm sensors on the handle & others at the top of the door. Oh and by the way, I went through all of them and nothing was set off. So with older buildings I find they are usually not set if they are there. In the Cecil I would be shocked if the maintenance people cared that people go out there to smoke or hang out. It just doesn't strike me as a "hard on the rules" type place

Thanks for this pic. I had toyed with her possibly putting herself in there during some type of psychosis / manic fear and hiding. But looking at this picture, it seems almost impossible she would know how to enter those tanks on her own without someone directing her to do so . ' you have to go around that one and there is a ladder on the side' etc. If she managed to pop up on the roof somehow, she would almost certainly NOT see that those tanks were accessible ! MOOO

Are we allowed to post links to reddit? Apologies if not...

Here's a discussion between people who were staying at the hotel at the time of the 'murder'.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/196hdc/i_was_in_the_cecil_hotel_the_day_they_found_elisa/

Somewhat unverified source but talks about how there are security cameras in all the hallways, so there is definitely unreleased footage.

Also, seems to suspect staff may be in on it...

Same old same old I guess, but maybe time to rehash it.

Thanks for the link.
Makes sense that staff used the roof to party. They would know how to access, avoid cameras, alarms etc. They would also know about the water tanks.

Bernard Diaz isn't a sex offender.

It's somebody else that was living as a resident in the Cecil Hotel, but afraid I cannot mention his personal details here due to the forum rules.

My guess is for every known sex offender there are 20 or 30 or maybe 50 UNKNOWN sex offenders, as in not caught yet ! moooo

I'm not so sure. Watch that 14th floor button you don't think is lit up and see what happens at 3:15 in the video. It looks like it goes darker.

She was on the 15th floor as i see it!

the thing that is bothering me is that if this footage was the LAST time we see Elisa.....it would mean that she didn't take the elevator and most likely did not leave the building. Unfortunately, the LAPD didn't do a thorough search of the hotel and the lapse of time could have allowed the perp to destroy all evidence and leave the city.

Looking back in hind sight, they should have done a thorough search of the hotel.

the thing that is bothering me is that if this footage was the LAST time we see Elisa.....it would mean that she didn't take the elevator and most likely did not leave the building. Unfortunately, the LAPD didn't do a thorough search of the hotel and the lapse of time could have allowed the perp to destroy all evidence and leave the city.

Looking back in hind sight, they should have done a thorough search of the hotel.

I agree I think they went right to the roof!
she was on the 15th floor.

As I read in one of the links above there are cameras on the floors so Im thinking we are not getting all the info. That the roof is used by the staff to do their drugs and stuff.

Are you watching at the 6-8 second mark when she originally pushed 14? She immediately presses 10 after which immediately lights up. 14 doesnt. I must have spent 15 minutes scrubbing this video back and fourth to make sure in fact yes that the top 3 buttons are always unlit. if 14 was ever lit then it would be obviously 5 lit buttons not 4.

of course i could be wrong but if this was the million dollar question on who wants to be a millionaire... id lock in 14th floor without hesitation

at 3:15 i see 10 go dim

Yeah, I did see the beginning where 14 appears to light up and go out. But I find it odd that when you watch that button around 3:15 it seems to go darker almost like it was on but dimmer than the rest. Look closely.

Here it is at 3:13 - looks like there are 5 buttons lit up 14, 10, 7, 4, M but with the top button slightly dimmer than the rest.
tumblr_inline_mis0lhlXJ21r78cj4.png

And here it is at 3:15 - looks like there are now only 4 buttons lit up 10, 7, 4, M.
tumblr_inline_mis0m0a9F51r78cj4.png

Watch the video again in full screen mode and pay close attention around the 3:15 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member