CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that whoever thinks they deserve this award need to apply in writing. Then they will need to decide who gets what. I hope they are not going to use the loophole of him not being arrested/convicted-after all its not the fault of witnesses that he apparently killed himself when cornered.

$1.1M reward for Christopher Dorner may go uncollected

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/1...pher-dorner-may-go-uncollected/#ixzz2L3qO2js2

The $1 million pledged by the city was "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture." Another $100,000 pledged by the L.A. City Council had similar language, stating the money was for information "leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of Christopher Dorner."

If there is a voice from the people the reward will be paid. jmo

It would be interesting to me to know if Dorner fled Corona on the 15 to the 91 freeway or took Magnolia all the way into Riverside. I wonder if he exited the freeway prior to ambushing the Riverside LEOs or if he entered the freeway after shooting them.

Does anyone know if that information is available?

I wondered the same thing but I haven't seen any info on his route. It's definitely possible to go either way. When the 15/91 are backed up, it's definitely quicker to go via Magnolia. My parents live in Corona and their office is in Riverside near the shooting location. We have taken both routes very often. I don't suspect there was much traffic at 1:30-2:00 am so the freeway could have been quicker as he was going fairly deep into Riverside. The lights on Magnolia would slow most folks down but who knows if he was obeying signal lights.

I have to wonder what he ate from Thursday-Tuesday. Rental cabins don't come with stocked fridges.

Well one would think with all of the weapons etc...he would have packed some energy bars or Mountain House packages too. Low blood sugar would be a serious problem and he likely anticipated that.

$1.1M reward for Christopher Dorner may go uncollected

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/1...pher-dorner-may-go-uncollected/#ixzz2L3qO2js2

The $1 million pledged by the city was "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture." Another $100,000 pledged by the L.A. City Council had similar language, stating the money was for information "leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of Christopher Dorner."

If there is a voice from the people the reward will be paid. jmo

He was captured, albeit in dead state.
Doesn't say he had to be alive.

Sounds like suicide.

I think that Dorner had already decided he wanted to end his life before he even embarked upon this rampage, and death was always his intended endgame. But first, he sought to bring attention to his issues with LAPD, take revenge on the individuals and agencies with whom he had grievances, and then die "at the hands" of LE in one form or another of suicide by cop. I don't think he ever had any intention of surrendering to LE and having his day in court.
IMO

Very possibly he left when he did because he saw the command post being taken down, and I heard it was a maroon- not purple, Nissan. I think color is open to interpretation by people.

Did they just start dismantling it that day? It makes more sense to me that he would have waited for it to be completely dismantled before he made his exit....especially since he was able to wait it out in that condo for over 5 days already....what is another 24 hours?

Also, if he did leave because they were dismantling it then what a smart move on the part of LE.

I wondered the same thing but I haven't seen any info on his route. It's definitely possible to go either way. When the 15/91 are backed up, it's definitely quicker to go via Magnolia. My parents live in Corona and their office is in Riverside near the shooting location. We have taken both routes very often. I don't suspect there was much traffic at 1:30-2:00 am so the freeway could have been quicker as he was going fairly deep into Riverside. The lights on Magnolia would slow most folks down but who knows if he was obeying signal lights.

I agree that there wouldn't have been any traffic at all at that time of the morning on either route. (He probably wouldn't have encountered one car at all along the Magnolia route until he got closer to the Tyler/Van Buren area.) There were numerous opportunities for him to get on the freeway along his route, however, which he didn't take. I think once he shot the Corona LEOs he was looking for another LEO to shoot and kill and therefor stayed on surface streets until he found one and then entered the freeway and fled to Big Bear.

TY for your post.

Pretty sure some attorneys are researching the matter as we speak.

This whole thing (reward, psycho ex-cop, manifesto, burners, racism accusations, awkward press conferences etc...) is NOT making the LAPD look good. Might be worth the 1 mil just for PR purposes.

Some do. I've been in ones that had some essentials, or he may have hunted, gone to a restaurant, or supermarket.

I agree, the ones I have rented always seem to have the most random items left behind.... mayonnaise, croutons, frozen orange juice and take-out ketchup packets. It wouldn't have been unheard of for there to be enough to sustain him for that time period. I guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything. :crazy:

I agree, the ones I have rented always seem to have the most random items left behind.... mayonnaise, croutons, frozen orange juice and take-out ketchup packets. It wouldn't have been unheard of for there to be enough to sustain him for that time period. I guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything. :crazy:

Yeah surely he thought about bringing nutrition. Sheesh the amo and weapons and oxygen tanks etc.... Spree killing is hungry work especially in snow country!

Pretty sure some attorneys are researching the matter as we speak.

This whole thing (reward, psycho ex-cop, manifesto, burners, racism accusations, awkward press conferences etc...) is NOT making the LAPD look good. Might be worth the 1 mil just for PR purposes.

Does anyone know if the terms of the reward payout is completely left up to the discretion of LAPD or if all of the donors need to be in agreement, as well? (I don't know how much, if any, of the reward money was money put up by LAPD as opposed to USC, private donors, city of Irvine, Riverside, Corona, etc.) Do all of the donors have to agree on giving the money to someone or is that completely left up to LAPD to decide? It seems to me that, if it were as easy as LAPD making the decision, they would just go ahead and give it out, since it wasn't even their money in the first place. I am thinking that possibly it isn't LAPD's decision to make however they are the ones people are blaming (even though no decision has been made about if and to whom the money is going to be paid out.)

Mine have had hot chocolate, tea, popcorn, spaghetti noodles, oatmeal...

Does anyone know if the terms of the reward payout is completely left up to the discretion of LAPD or if all of the donors need to be in agreement, as well? (I don't know how much, if any, of the reward money was money put up by LAPD as opposed to USC, private donors, city of Irvine, Riverside, Corona, etc.) Do all of the donors have to agree on giving the money to someone or is that completely left up to LAPD to decide? It seems to me that, if it were as easy as LAPD making the decision, they would just go ahead and give it out, since it wasn't even their money in the first place. I am thinking that possibly it isn't LAPD's decision to make however they are the ones people are blaming (even though no decision has been made about if and to whom the money is going to be paid out.)

I would think that the terms and conditions of the reward were written up in a legal document. If so, then the document is a binding contract and hopefully has clear stipulations about who and what constitutes eligibility status, e.g., what the recipients must do, or what conditions must be met, and who or likely, which financial firm, will be distributing the reward. Of course, there may have been some flexibility stipulated in the contract for additional amendments.

Yes, it would be nice to get a copy of the written reward document. lol

I still want to enter a discussion about ,HOw did the Police over-look ,Him being held up 100 yards from the Police /Press HQ in Big Bear??. Yes , yes ,i watched the Sheriff's press conference yesterday , Finally a few of the Press guys asked the question,i would've asked them :You Said you searched that area very throughly? so why didn't the search team find him in that condo? the answer doesn't make ANY sense! If You have a "Chris Dorner" @ Large-with a high-level of military/police/navy experience,Don't you think he can pick a lock? And gain entry into any condo? LE says they didn't "want to kick down any doors,to gain entry if there weren't any signs of "Forced entry"? So ,i'm suppose to believe the Cops don't have a "tool" or can't hire a locksmith to gain entry to ALL the RESIDENTS houses and Condos??? Bizarre? So a "thorough search "means in layman's terms just "some". Good to know for the future.I'm still waiting for someone to explain How "dorner' got from his Crashed Truck to that condo with ,a small arsenal -with sniper rifle w/ suppressor ,multiple hand guns with heaps of ammo ,a flak jacket ,and be the only Black guy up there and go unnoticed? So he just happened to find an unlocked condo and walked in? Or did he have to look for a long time? if he looked for a long time somebody would have spotted him? that part has never been answered. single gunshot wound to head? was it him ( Self-inflicted ,because he didn't want to be burnt alive) or was it from the hail of gunfire ,fired by the LE? I see it in the news ,as Fact. but that's NOT what was said @ the press conference.and of course there's the 3 wallets/ID's he had found in different places,one being "Fire-proof". The LE said the yelling of "Burn that *advertiser censored* down" was coming over the Radio and was spoken by officers not present @ the actual scene.Huh? So why would you say " Ok Get the Gas" "burm him now" if your not even in a position to do just that.i've read some of your guys' posts,about how THEY HAD TO THROW PYROTECHNIC gas into the ALL WOOD cabin before dark .Really??? HAD TOO?? So nobody ever heard of WACO or better yet "Wounded knee" -day and night, day and night ,day and night for 71 days siege!!!! There was no rush or hurry to do anything but create a secure perimeter.They asked the Media Helicopter to "vacate" the area, so as not to give "Dorner" a tactical advantage??? What!! @ that point the Power the Cabin was cut,and there was no cable or wifi in the cabin.very suspect. Furthermore the LE was "prohibiting " anyone on Twitter to chat about what was currently happening. Nuts!How can Dorner have ANY tactical advantage on Twitter? especially since he didn't have access to the internet???? Doesn't add up . Now this is my opinion. And who ever said the lady's cabin it was ,didn't mind that her cabin was torched by cops,is completely WRONG,,i just read the article in the LA TIMES ,YES YES !!! She was very upset ,so you know who u are ,and your wrong. go read that article.

From the above link (emphasis added, mine)

Awards and Decorations

National Defense Service Medal

Iraq Campaign Medal

Global War on Terrorism Service Medal

Sea Service Deployment Medal

Navy Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon

Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/ “M” Device

Rifle Marksman Ribbon

Pistol Expert Medal

From Wikipedia Iraq Campain Medal

The Iraq Campaign Medal became available for general distribution in June 2005.[4] It was awarded to any member of the U.S. military who performed duty within the borders of Iraq (or its territorial waters) for a period of thirty consecutive days or sixty non-consecutive days. The medal was awarded retroactively from March 19, 2003 until the end of Operation New Dawn on December 31, 2011.[5] Personnel who engaged in combat with an enemy force, or personnel wounded in combat or wounded as a result of a terrorist attack within Iraq received the Iraq Campaign Medal regardless of the number of days spent within the country.

Hi Shadow
Thanks for the info. I've lost the source, but somewhere I read that his ME service consisted of guarding oil platforms-presumable when he was with the Bahrain based "riverine" unit.
Presumably that's what qualified him for the Iraq service award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage