CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read the article but couldn't come to that conclusion (though I can see how it would be inferred.) It states:

"The autopsy showed that Dorner's cause of death was a single gunshot to the head."

and then later in the article:

"Authorities said police made "numerous PA announcements identifying [Dorner] by name, asking him to surrender," before firing pyrotechnic tear gas inside the cabin Dorner had holed up in, causing the building to go up in flames."

But it doesn't state when the audible gunshot occurred, in relation to the firing of the pyrotechnic tear gas. :waitasec:

I read the article but couldn't come to that conclusion (though I can see how it would be inferred.) It states:

"The autopsy showed that Dorner's cause of death was a single gunshot to the head."

"Authorities said police made "numerous PA announcements identifying [Dorner] by name, asking him to surrender," before firing pyrotechnic tear gas inside the cabin Dorner had holed up in, causing the building to go up in flames."

But it doesn't state when the audible gunshot occurred, in relation to the firing of the pyrotechnic tear gas. :waitasec:

https://archive.org/details/DornerStandoff2

26:22 Seven burners deployed, and we have a fire

30:56 Control, 61 Lincoln, sounds like one shot fired from inside the residence.
31:00 Copy: One shot fired from inside the residence. Confirm you still want fire to roll in?

So approximately 4 minutes later LE heard the gunshot from inside the cabin

I am pretty sure the request to come out was way before 26:22. I believe they threw in tear gas cannisters first, before the burners.

JMO/and memory from scanner

I still want to enter a discussion about ,HOw did the Police over-look ,Him being held up 100 yards from the Police /Press HQ in Big Bear??. Yes , yes ,i watched the Sheriff's press conference yesterday , Finally a few of the Press guys asked the question,i would've asked them :You Said you searched that area very throughly? so why didn't the search team find him in that condo? the answer doesn't make ANY sense! If You have a "Chris Dorner" @ Large-with a high-level of military/police/navy experience,Don't you think he can pick a lock? And gain entry into any condo? LE says they didn't "want to kick down any doors,to gain entry if there weren't any signs of "Forced entry"? So ,i'm suppose to believe the Cops don't have a "tool" or can't hire a locksmith to gain entry to ALL the RESIDENTS houses and Condos??? Bizarre? So a "thorough search "means in layman's terms just "some". Good to know for the future.I'm still waiting for someone to explain How "dorner' got from his Crashed Truck to that condo with ,a small arsenal -with sniper rifle w/ suppressor ,multiple hand guns with heaps of ammo ,a flak jacket ,and be the only Black guy up there and go unnoticed? So he just happened to find an unlocked condo and walked in? Or did he have to look for a long time? if he looked for a long time somebody would have spotted him? that part has never been answered. single gunshot wound to head? was it him ( Self-inflicted ,because he didn't want to be burnt alive) or was it from the hail of gunfire ,fired by the LE? I see it in the news ,as Fact. but that's NOT what was said @ the press conference.and of course there's the 3 wallets/ID's he had found in different places,one being "Fire-proof". The LE said the yelling of "Burn that *advertiser censored* down" was coming over the Radio and was spoken by officers not present @ the actual scene.Huh? So why would you say " Ok Get the Gas" "burm him now" if your not even in a position to do just that.i've read some of your guys' posts,about how THEY HAD TO THROW PYROTECHNIC gas into the ALL WOOD cabin before dark .Really??? HAD TOO?? So nobody ever heard of WACO or better yet "Wounded knee" -day and night, day and night ,day and night for 71 days siege!!!! There was no rush or hurry to do anything but create a secure perimeter.They asked the Media Helicopter to "vacate" the area, so as not to give "Dorner" a tactical advantage??? What!! @ that point the Power the Cabin was cut,and there was no cable or wifi in the cabin.very suspect. Furthermore the LE was "prohibiting " anyone on Twitter to chat about what was currently happening. Nuts!How can Dorner have ANY tactical advantage on Twitter? especially since he didn't have access to the internet???? Doesn't add up . Now this is my opinion. And who ever said the lady's cabin it was ,didn't mind that her cabin was torched by cops,is completely WRONG,,i just read the article in the LA TIMES ,YES YES !!! She was very upset ,so you know who u are ,and your wrong. go read that article.

I am going to attempt to reply to your post because there is a lot of miss information and speculation (that frankly can't really be postulated without having more information than we currently have.)

The police can't go breaking down doors or even picking locks and entering every single locked resident in Big Bear without some sort of justification as to why they believe their suspect may be hiding in that structure. I can only imagine the outrage and the lawsuits if they had indeed done what you and some others on here expected them to do. With that being stated, if they had suspected he was in there they would have entered. Come to find out NO ONE in that area, including neighbors, other house cleaners, media right next to the building, etc. knew he was in that particular structure either.

He could have easily have carried all of his weapons, ammo, etc. himself. Perhaps he had some gun cases? We don't know because that information hasn't been released yet (as far as I have seen.) We are talking about approximately 2am in the morning in an area of town that is very quiet once the lifts shut down. I have been in that area before at 5am, 6am, 7am and never see a sole. Plus I suspect he was moving in a stealth manner instead of barreling down the middle of the street.

I have heard that he may have gained access to the condo through a window. It isn't difficult to determine which cabins/condos in the area are vacant and which aren't, especially if you can see in the windows.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that he wasn't the only black person in Big Bear on that day.

There wasn't a "hail of gunfire" after Dorner was locked down in the cabin. There was a single gunshot heard from inside the cabin. He was the only one in the cabin. It is easy to conclude that the gunshot wound was self inflicted HOWEVER the autopsy itself will give us the definitive answer ;we just need to wait for the results to be made public. I am confident they will conclude that he committed suicide, which was his choice and his alone. He could have come out of the cabin at any time and he refused.

If you have ever seen a wallet, organizer, etc. that has been burned in a fire it is weird sometimes how things survive when wrapped tightly secured inside (meaning lack of oxygen around the item.) I doubt it was in pristine condition but it may have been in good enough condition to make out what it was and who it belonged to. Again, we don't know enough about the items that were found in the cabin yet.

As far as the comments about burning the cabin I don't find it far fetched to believe that someone other than the LE that could possibly give the order for the gas may have been the one to claim "burn the mother******." It was also not in the same radio transmission as the exchange in which the orders were given to deploy the gas. And I know for a fact that LE would not make the decision to use hot gas as a result of someone else stating that they should.

I haven't read anyone stating that LE HAD to use the gas before dark but it was definitely a good idea. Securing the perimeter and waiting forever wouldn't have been a wise idea, especially if they had reason to believe he was trying to escape undetected and knew he had deadly weapons and deadly intent. If they sat around and he got away everyone would have been complaining about why they did nothing and let him escape.

He had EVERY chance to surrender; EVERY chance to give himself up. He refused.

How do you know he didn't have access to the internet? I have access to the internet where ever I go.. .whether I am in my backyard, at the store or in a cabin in Big Bear. It is always better to be safer than sorry and I think it was absolutely necessary that LE pulled the live Twitter and news from broadcasting live video. Some news stations were showing SWAT teams hiding places for pete's sake. That is common sense to do in this day and age.

There is no conspiracy here, if that is what you are implying. There is no way in the universe a conspiracy of that magnitude could even occur. We are talking about dozens of agencies and hundreds of LE, firefighters, etc. in that area witnessing the same thing and all leaving and writing up their independent reports on what they witnessed.

I wouldn't expect anyone who suffered a loss of a property to be "fine", regardless of whether or not they believed LE was justified in their actions. I have read numerous articles that quote several family members and, while they are completely upset at the loss of the property (it was over 80 years old!) none have blamed LE.(please post a link if you have seen otherwise.)
Remember, it was Dorner who entered her cabin illegally. Without Dorner's actions, that cabin would still be standing.

TY for your post.

here's the La times article ,one Quote says " Devastating" here's the dictionary Deffinition if you aren't clear in the word: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/devastate This article also backs up the "Hail of gunfire" that i said he COULD have died from ,too i post this ,because you said it didn't happened that way ,your wrong! the quote is :"In a fury of Bullets" .i'm backed up twice in the points from my earlier post, in this ONE article from the LA Times. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...wners-daughter-calls-events-overwhelming.html

i know HE did not have internet . because MY Twitter was " suppressed" during the "Burn down that Cabin!" and i live over 100 miles from big Bear.

https://archive.org/details/DornerStandoff2

26:22 Seven burners deployed, and we have a fire

30:56 Control, 61 Lincoln, sounds like one shot fired from inside the residence.
31:00 Copy: One shot fired from inside the residence. Confirm you still want fire to roll in?

So approximately 4 minutes later LE heard the gunshot from inside the cabin

I am pretty sure the request to come out was way before 26:22. I believe they threw in tear gas cannisters first, before the burners.

JMO/and memory from scanner

Thank you.

I am still not sure as "Deployed" means they were in position to be used not that they had already been used and "We have a fire" doesn't necessarily mean LE was the source of the fire (as I believe Dorner started a fire in the cabin as an attempt to get out the back undetected.)

Thank you.

I am still not sure as "Deployed" means they were in position to be used not that they had already been used and "We have a fire" doesn't necessarily mean LE was the source of the fire (as I believe Dorner started a fire in the cabin as an attempt to get out the back undetected.)

That's very possible. And yes LE was monitoring all exits.

NOpe! he didn't try to set the fire and get out the back,listen to the police scanner AGAIN! ,it was spoken " Make sure he doesn't come out the back" ,so that implies ,SWAT ALREADY had that base covered.

i know HE did not have internet . because MY Twitter was " suppressed" during the "Burn down that Cabin!" and i live over 100 miles from big Bear.

That doesn't make any sense. He couldn't have internet because you didn't have Twitter access over 100 miles away?

I am not going to bring up what was in the Scanner Thread, but I heard it and I know what happened in those final moments and the order they went down in.

I will say that MSM does not get their facts straight, I never realized how much til this case. Being in the Scanner Thread, knowing what happened, and the aftermath on MSM, the facts were not accurate. It's taken days for MSM to get things straight and even now they do not have it correct.

One of the biggies to me was MSM reporting that a charred body was found, removed and identified within an hour or so of the cabin burning to the ground. It hit all the major TV networks and several small ones. And it was wrong. The cabin still hadn't cooled down enough from the fire for anyone to go in there, let alone find a body, do forensics and crime scene investigatives stuff on it before removing it and getting it to an ME, for an autopsy and identification of it.

I believe the "burn of m...fer down" meant the cabin. Not the person inside it. IMO,JMO

NOpe! he didn't try to set the fire and get out the back,listen to the police scanner AGAIN! ,it was spoken " Make sure he doesn't come out the back" ,so that implies ,SWAT ALREADY had that base covered.

That doesn't necessarily conclude he wasn't going to try.

That doesn't mean he didn't set a fire.

Well it makes sense to me . it's the only time that has ever happened. of for the 2 hours or so ,during the "burn down the Cabin" ,My twitter was compromised.So the LE turning" off" tweets was a reality.

The article I read in the Contra Costa Times said he was, but I couldn't find it online on their site. Was in today's newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee