Still Missing CA - Duke Flores, 6, front yard of his home, Apple Valley, 25 Apr 2019 *Mother and Aunt ARRESTED*

the more i stewed on this i think that whole story is complete bull. someone beat him and it went too far is my thoughts. when the aunt "took him in the backyard" she prob beat him and then realized that was too much work. this poor little boy.

What kind of demented monster do you have to be to come up with this?
To carry it out?
To think it's the appropriate remedy?
To take your daughter's along with you?
To DIG UP your own son (a week later ON EASTER) from your backyard and put him in a damn dumpster?

I can't. I just can not even. I'm so sorry Duke.

Testimony: Duke Flores was killed after trying to smother infant

As Duke was “positioned” between the sisters, Jennifer placed a plastic bag over the boy’s head. She then grabbed a “TV power cord” and wrapped it around Duke’s neck.

Jackee, at a point that was disputed during the hearing, tied Duke’s hands with a second cord, Sousa said.

Jennifer then strangled him, Jackee told Sousa during an interview on April 27.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sousa continued to testify that, on Easter Sunday, the sisters unburied Duke because their pit bulls were digging at the makeshift grave, exposing the trash bag.
Agreed, there really is evil beyond all understanding in this world and unfortunately so many innocent babies/children are victimized by their own parent(s). :mad:

Duke is in a much better place now at least.

This article is lengthy so in order to bring as much of it here as possible, I've summarized.

Changing stories mark Duke Flores' disappearance
  • Jackee and Jennifer gave family members and LE various explanations for Duke's disappearance, in the days before both were officially charged.
  • In the prelim, SBCS homicide detective, Sousa, testified that the twins strangled Duke while Jackee bound his hands after he was allegedly caught trying to smother Jennifer’s 9-month-old daughter with a pillow.
  • Jackee told Sousa this happened at the Apple Valley home on Cherokee Avenue 11 days before police discovered he was missing on April 25. Duke’s body was buried in the backyard, but was later dug up and placed in a dumpster 3 blocks away on April 21 — Easter Sunday.
  • LE testified that family members who knew Duke hadn’t been seen for at least a week and doubted the sisters’ explanations spurred the official discovery.
  • One of the skeptical ones was LG, Duke’s grandmother.
  • Jackee told LG that Duke had been taken to a mental hospital and that Jackee had given up her “parental rights.”
  • Jackee told Duke’s father, JF, and Duke’s paternal grandfather, JF2 a similar version - that Duke had been placed in a mental hospital on a 72-hour-hold.
  • The sisters’ cousin, CG, didn’t believe this because she has a child with a disability and was familiar with the procedure. When she asked for more details, she said the sisters were unable to provide any.
  • In CA, a person can be involuntarily committed for up to 72 hours in a psychiatric facility to be evaluated by professionals if suffering a MH crisis.
  • LG eventually gathered up family members to go confront the sisters and drove from where she lives in Los Angeles to Apple Valley.
  • The trip took place after CG said she asked for paperwork concerning the mental hold from Jennifer and was told: “Just forget about it. It’s too late.”
  • When family members arrived at the home, a “physical altercation” broke out. LG said Jennifer was cussing and repeated a similar statement: “It’s too late. He’s never coming back.”
  • Deputy Tyler McGee was the first officer to arrive on the night of 4/25. He described it as a chaotic scene, with about 20 people in the front yard.
  • “There was a lot of talking, elevated voices, some screaming, some crying, just a lot of commotion going on,” McGee testified Wednesday.
  • JF2, his wife and paternal grandmother MF, and Duke’s father, JF, all told McGee that the boy hadn’t been seen in one to two weeks.
  • JF2 walked McGee to the backyard. McGee said in court he saw a “fresh area of dirt that appeared to be recently manipulated with.”
  • McGee said he pulled Jackee aside from the commotion to speak with her.
  • She told him that Jennifer and she had found Duke attempting to smother Jennifer’s daughter in the garage, where Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived.
  • Duke walked outside to the backyard. The sisters stayed in the garage for about a 1/2 hour. Jackee said when they went to look for him, he was gone.
  • Jackee said she and her sister looked for Duke around the neighborhood for about an hour then went back to the house and, “continued their night.” Neither LE or family members were informed that he was missing.
  • Two days later Sousa interviewed Jackee and she told him about the killing.
  • Jennifer told a similar story before being charged with murder, but implicated Jackee. In her version, Jackee took Duke out to the backyard while Jennifer stayed with her daughter in the garage.
  • She said she went outside and Jackee told her that Duke was no longer here, but she didn’t ask questions. Jackee asked Jennifer later to take out three bags of trash, one of which was heavier than the other, Sousa testified. Jennifer said she assumed Jackee killed the boy.
  • In an interview with both sisters, however, a detective testified that Jennifer appeared to agree with what sister Jackee told detectives.
  • Attorney Weaver, for Jackee, argued that there was “absolutely no evidence that she was actually involved in the murder.”
  • “My client was simply there,” he said, noting that there was some contention over when exactly Jackee bound Duke’s hands as a form of punishment. He argued she had no intention to aid or abet a murder.
  • Parag Shah, attorney for Jennifer, cited Jennifer’s version of what happened, saying that Jackee was the “primary culprit.”
  • Even if Jennifer strangled Duke as Jackee alleged, Shah argued that “Jennifer’s actions would’ve been in the heat of the moment” and subject to a potential voluntary manslaughter charge.

This article is lengthy so in order to bring as much of it here as possible, I've summarized.

• Jackee and Jennifer gave family members and LE various explanations for Duke's disappearance, in the days before both were officially charged.
  • In the prelim, SBCS homicide detective, Sousa, testified that the twins strangled Duke while Jackee bound his hands after he was allegedly caught trying to smother Jennifer’s 9-month-old daughter with a pillow.
  • Jackee told Sousa this happened at the Apple Valley home on Cherokee Avenue 11 days before police discovered he was missing on April 25. Duke’s body was buried in the backyard, but was later dug up and placed in a dumpster 3 blocks away on April 21 — Easter Sunday.
  • LE testified that family members who knew Duke hadn’t been seen for at least a week and doubted the sisters’ explanations spurred the official discovery.
  • Jackee told LG that Duke had been taken to a mental hospital and that Jackee had given up her “parental rights.”
  • Jackee told Duke’s father, JF, and Duke’s paternal grandfather, JF2 a similar version - that Duke had been placed in a mental hospital on a 72-hour-hold.
  • The sisters’ cousin, CG, didn’t believe this because she has a child with a disability and was familiar with the procedure. When she asked for more details, she said the sisters were unable to provide any.
  • In CA, a person can be involuntarily committed for up to 72 hours in a psychiatric facility to be evaluated by professionals if suffering a MH crisis.
  • LG eventually gathered up family members to go confront the sisters and drove from where she lives in Los Angeles to Apple Valley.
  • The trip took place after CG said she asked for paperwork concerning the mental hold from Jennifer and was told: “Just forget about it. It’s too late.”
  • When family members arrived at the home, a “physical altercation” broke out. LG said Jennifer was cussing and repeated a similar statement: “It’s too late. He’s never coming back.”
  • Deputy Tyler McGee was the first officer to arrive on the night of 4/25. He described it as a chaotic scene, with about 20 people in the front yard.
  • “There was a lot of talking, elevated voices, some screaming, some crying, just a lot of commotion going on,” McGee testified Wednesday.
  • JF2, his wife and paternal grandmother MF, and Duke’s father, JF, all told McGee that the boy hadn’t been seen in one to two weeks.
  • JF2 walked McGee to the backyard. McGee said in court he saw a “fresh area of dirt that appeared to be recently manipulated with.”
  • She told him that Jennifer and she had found Duke attempting to smother Jennifer’s daughter in the garage, where Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived.
  • Duke walked outside to the backyard. The sisters stayed in the garage for about a 1/2 hour. Jackee said when they went to look for him, he was gone.
  • Jackee said she and her sister looked for Duke around the neighborhood for about an hour then went back to the house and, “continued their night.” Neither LE or family members were informed that he was missing.
  • Jennifer told a similar story before being charged with murder, but implicated Jackee. In her version, Jackee took Duke out to the backyard while Jennifer stayed with her daughter in the garage.
  • She said she went outside and Jackee told her that Duke was no longer here, but she didn’t ask questions. Jackee asked Jennifer later to take out three bags of trash, one of which was heavier than the other, Sousa testified. Jennifer said she assumed Jackee killed the boy.
  • In an interview with both sisters, however, a detective testified that Jennifer appeared to agree with what sister Jackee told detectives.
  • Attorney Weaver, for Jackee, argued that there was “absolutely no evidence that she was actually involved in the murder.”
  • “My client was simply there,” he said, noting that there was some contention over when exactly Jackee bound Duke’s hands as a form of punishment. He argued she had no intention to aid or abet a murder.
  • Parag Shah, attorney for Jennifer, cited Jennifer’s version of what happened, saying that Jackee was the “primary culprit.”
  • Even if Jennifer strangled Duke as Jackee alleged, Shah argued that “Jennifer’s actions would’ve been in the heat of the moment” and subject to a potential voluntary manslaughter charge.
Thanks for the summary PM, I don't trust myself to reply I'd probably be banned for life. :( I will just never understand.

Again, I ask rhetorically, as I do in so many of these cases; what kind of dimwit lamebrain thinks this will end the discussion?? The curious family members are suddenly going to say "Oh, okay, sorry he couldn't be saved! Let's go have another one, and never worry about visiting him in the psychiatric ward!" Do they think this is still the 1800s? We no longer send people to "the madhouse" and pretend they never existed. Dunces.

[*]Jackee said she and her sister looked for Duke around the neighborhood for about an hour then went back to the house and, “continued their night.”
    Neither LE or family members were informed that he was missing.

"We'll let him calm down... oh shoot! Looks like he ran away from home! Oh well!"

• [Jennifer] said she went outside and Jackee told her that Duke was no longer here, but she didn’t ask questions. Jackee asked Jennifer later to take out three bags of trash, one of which was heavier than the other, Sousa testified. Jennifer said she assumed Jackee killed the boy.

Yeh, sure, because all this stuff just happens peaceably, just another night in the old neighborhood... people obediently and tamely disposing of body-heavy bags in the night, containing the kills of another family member... are these sisters related to Tony Soprano, that this is commonplace for them? Do I have this faradiddle of lies and nonsense correctly? I'm sure Harlan Coben is out there, taking notes for his next mystery-thriller from the brain trust... I know I shouldn't be surprised by now, but this pair of women are clearly so stupid it hurts my head.

No words for this. These are just monsters. There is no version of the story that exonerates either of them. I hope they rot in jail.

IMO, the cousin who had a child with a disability who asked about paperwork and details is one shining light as I have a sense that her child is well cared for.

Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived in the garage?
I was a little surprised at that too; thought it might be a bad sentence, but that's how it reads to me.

She told him that more than a week Jennifer and she had found Duke attempting to smother Jennifer’s infant daughter in the house’s garage, where Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived.

I was a little surprised at that too; thought it might be a bad sentence, but that's how it reads to me.

She told him that more than a week Jennifer and she had found Duke attempting to smother Jennifer’s infant daughter in the house’s garage, where Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived.

So I’m envisioning a garage living space - wide open, no walls - so could see whatever was going on. Was Joseph in the garage watching Duke and the 9 month old Duke was supposedly smothering?
Guessing no kitchen or bathroom either.

I think it’s just bad sentence structure. Probably should read “...in the garage of the house where they lived.”

I wish I could say I’m surprised at the horrific details that have come out. Sadly, it feels like incidents of parents murdering their children and tossing them out like trash are happening with greater frequency in recent years.

I think it’s just bad sentence structure. Probably should read “...in the garage of the house where they lived.”

I wish I could say I’m surprised at the horrific details that have come out. Sadly, it feels like incidents of parents murdering their children and tossing them out like trash are happening with greater frequency in recent years.
I’m hoping it’s not the case but rather it’s much easier to hear about it now, all the SM and obsession with true crime has made everything so much more accessible... one can hope it’s not getting worse lol :(

What came out in court regarding Duke's disappearance/death is utterly sad and disturbing but I am glad to learn that detectives have ample evidence to try these two for murder. LE has been so tight lipped that I was concerned LE was not getting anywhere with these two murderous twin sisters but it certainly sounds otherwise. So, in a sad way, good news.

omg.... disgusting

oh it happens. i knew a family that had a hubs, wife, their adult son and his kid in one room, adult son, gf and 2 kids in one room, aunt and uncle in living room, adult daughter, bf and 2 kids in garage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ледоруб33.0
Back