CA CA - Edith Bonham, 77, Monrovia, 8 Oct 1979

@Tx2akgrown
So happy to see you were able to add the police report & 2013 followup to WS.

Of note to me:
  • A granddaughter visited around the last time she was reportedly seen on 10-21-79. Do you know the identity of this granddaughter & if she is still living?
  • She told her son about being depressed & having health problems. Has the family ever seriously considered she could have taken her own life? Is La Habra anywhere near a place with positive memories for her.
  • The reliance on clairvoyants is so very odd to me, especially conclusion in an investigative police report. What does the family think about that. Looking at it now, it seems absurd.
  • There was fairly good detective work reported into early 1980. Too bad the case seemed to go cold after the news stories seeking her whereabouts were published.
I hope some other sleuthers here will read this report & add their feedback/ideas.

Finding this contemporaneous investigative account is so helpful IMO.

I hope my questions & comments above are ok. I don't want to offend you or the family.

@Tx2akgrown
So happy to see you were able to add the police report & 2013 followup to WS.

Of note to me:
  • A granddaughter visited around the last time she was reportedly seen on 10-21-79. Do you know the identity of this granddaughter & if she is still living?
  • She told her son about being depressed & having health problems. Has the family ever seriously considered she could have taken her own life? Is La Habra anywhere near a place with positive memories for her.
  • The reliance on clairvoyants is so very odd to me, especially conclusion in an investigative police report. What does the family think about that. Looking at it now, it seems absurd.
  • There was fairly good detective work reported into early 1980. Too bad the case seemed to go cold after the news stories seeking her whereabouts were published.
I hope some other sleuthers here will read this report & add their feedback/ideas.

Finding this contemporaneous investigative account is so helpful IMO.

I hope my questions & comments above are ok. I don't want to offend you or the fami
The granddaughter is still alive and I personally think she knows something or did it herself. She is adopted and native American Indian. She has been a problem since she was little. U did not offend us. But not one detective interviewed her. And that bothers me. Somebody knows something and I think she does. Personally.

Looking for help or information for my best friends great grandma Edith Irene Bonham 77 Monrovia CA 1979 missing still along with her 1970 green chevy nova. I am all open to any advice or help cuz the detective that actually communicated with us has now retired and can not get any response from the new one. Thanks in advance :)
I am guessing based on what I have read that the green Chevy Nova still has not been found?

According to the supplemental report, it was no longer in the system as of 2013. Still missing as of the 2015 report.
I apologize for my ignorance. What does your reply mean?

The VI posted police reports from the time of the disappearance, and followup reports from 2013 and 2015 (see messages #43 and #44 in this thread for those.)

The VI posted police reports from the time of the disappearance, and followup reports from 2013 and 2015 (see messages #43 and #44 in this thread for those.)
I.e., the car and Edith are both still missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back