CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most of you are here busy :sleuth:ing away & didn't want you to miss this new article! :wink:

Murder case to be built even though boy missing
August 30, 2009
<snipped>
When a Fremont man and his fiancee are called to court this week in connection with the apparent slaying of their disabled 5-year-old foster son, prosecutors will be moving forward even though his body hasn't been found.

Louis Ross, 38, and his fiancee, Jennifer Campbell, 33, who have not been charged in the case, are the latest in a string of East Bay homicide suspects against whom police have built a case without a body.

Ross is being held without bail at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on suspicion of murdering Hasanni Campbell, while Jennifer Campbell is being held in lieu of $15,000 bail on suspicion of being an accessory in the case.

Circumstantial evidence helped convict Hans Reiser of first-degree murder in the 2006 slaying of his estranged wife, Nina, in the Oakland hills. His sentence was later reduced for leading police to her body.

Eric Mora, 53, was charged with murdering Cynthia Alonzo, 48, who failed to show up at a Thanksgiving dinner with her family in San Francisco in 2004. He remains in jail.

Hasanni's case presents its own unique challenges.

Adult victims who go missing presumably leave a trail. Prosecutors often tell juries that the evidence points to death when an adult fails to show up to work, visits friends, or use a credit card.

In Hasanni's case, prosecutors plan to prove the boy was murdered in part because no one has seen him since he disappeared Aug. 10, and Ross allegedly sent an expletive-laden text message to Campbell threatening to leave the boy alone on a BART platform.

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/29/BANQ19FT4B.DTL

:angel:

RossMug.jpg

CampbellMug.jpg

Oh my God...is that...no, it can't be.....is that EMOTION I see on those faces?
FEAR maybe?!?!

ETA: I've got five cats and LR's expression looks much like the one of the face of a cat in a room full of rocking chairs![/QUOTE]

....or - a deer caught in headlights!

Her expression *almost looks like .....anger?????

Thanks so much Angel but I already sleuthed this afternoon, found that article and posted it!! We can always use a duplicate though! ;)

It should be fear, imo. I can't imagine being over 6 mo. pregnant and in jail. :eek:

Slightly :eek:fftopic: I can't imagine being pregnant! :floorlaugh: But if I could...I couldn't imagine being pregnant and in jail!

Columbo said:
I also have always wondered if LR found Burris on his own, or if Burris contacted him and JC first.
I've always thought Louis Ross sought out John Burris to play the race card and turn it into something it wasn't.

Oakland attorney John Burris, who has been advising Ross and Campbell in recent weeks, said Saturday it was unlikely he would formally represent them; he mainly does civil-rights cases, not criminal defense, and he's not sure who'll end up taking the case. Still, he said, he tried to meet with them Saturday morning but was unsuccessful because they were in transit, perhaps for additional police interviews.
"I just want to let them know what's ahead for them"... what the process looks like in front of them. No more than that," he said.
Burris said it appears investigators' probable cause for arresting Ross and Campbell was because Hasanni was never in the vicinity of the Rockridge shoe store where his foster parents claimed they last saw him Aug. 10; police say the boy actually was last seen Aug. 6 with his foster parents near a Walmart store in Fremont."It means to me that this is more of an effort, seemingly, to build a circumstantial-evidence-type case and eventually get one or more of them to turn state's evidence if they have any evidence, and I don't know that they do," Burris said. "I'm not surprised at that strategy." more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/sea...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

It might depend on which courthouse they will be arraigned at. Santa Rita Jail is way out in Dublin, CA. People who live in Alameda County (I used to be one) can be called for jury duty either in Oakland or in Hayward and there may be other courthouses that I don't know about! Seems like jail in Oakland would be more convenient to most court locations. Oh well. Here's a map to give you a general idea of how these places are located.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl
Pleasanton is the other choice and closest to Santa Rita.

Shutterfly Thank You so much for the link & everything that you have been doing for Hasanni to find him. So many of you have done some amazing sleuthing in all of the threads for Hasanni...here's to all of you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I do believe that LE knows more than they have said so far...their words of this is not a missing case any longer, it is a homicide case, says a lot more without them saying it with anymore words than they used in the news conference. :yes:

WS's :sleuth:er's are the best :sleuth:'s around!!!! We have the most wonderful teamwork in all the threads, from the astrologers threads to all of the threads in every forum thread here! :yes:

:grouphug:'s to each & everyone at WS's!

Excuse my bad manners......I meant to say "Good Morning to you all!" :sunshine:

I need more :coffeeup: to get my brain cells in gear this morning. Didn't get much sleep....keep thinking about our little guy still not found yet....as well as Lindsey, Haleigh as well as one too many others. :shakehead:

:angel:

...And a Great Big {{{Thank You }}}}}}} right back atchya, Angel Who Cares!!!!!
.......oh - and {{{Good Morning *and Afternoon :) as well!!!!! }}}}

Thank you for all that *you do!!!!! :clap::blowkiss::highfive::bow:

I have no idea how you do it - how you can "thread-jump" :lamb: and stay on top of so many cases.......(I find myself having problems maintaining contact on multiple threads - but no big surprise......I'm a klutz and couldn't even jump rope right as a kid ) much less manage to do so with grace, tact, organization and wisdom as you have done!

*Wait a second....:doh:...it's the *wings, isn't it!!!!???? :D

With the long awaited arrests in this case, and with the renewed activity and searches in both Haleigh's and Lindsey's .....I feel like I've been holding my breath all weekend - just waiting for the other shoe (or shoes) to fall......I'm rarely away from my pc.

Tomorrow at work is going to be *agony as I'll have no access until I get home.......(note to self...... call and warn household to have *all objects cleared from path to pc *before I get home..........or else they'll get run over !!!!!)

Yeah, have we seen that video (with audio), or is it unused news footage?

I didn't forget about ya FF, never that. I'm just having trouble finding it. It's OLD footage, I think from day three or four tops. I think it may have been purged because it was really a useless piece of footage. In that clip the two of them didn't really say much of anything and most of it was watching JC put on a Hasanni t-shirt and then watching them get into a white car. Sherri M was in that video as well. It was the first mention of Sherri making t-shirts as I recall. I remember it well, I just can't find the d@mn thing! I'm still looking.

It should be fear, imo. I can't imagine being over 6 mo. pregnant and in jail. :eek:

I totally agree!!! I cannot begin to imagine......and I was *surprised to see what I thought looked to me to be *less fear on her face than what she was showing during her interviews....... But then again - a video is many images and a camera shot is a single one - - and I could very well be wrong...(and I'd be the first to admit I was)....I am hitting the big "50" in a few short weeks....vision is going......memory as well....... not good at all for someone whose game plan is to follow her g-ma's example and live to 98! :)

yeah - a forum for Hasanni!!!:) Thanks, Mods.!!!

I totally agree!!! I cannot begin to imagine......and I was *surprised to see what I thought looked to me to be *less fear on her face than what she was showing during her interviews....... But then again - a video is many images and a camera shot is a single one - - and I could very well be wrong...(and I'd be the first to admit I was)....I am hitting the big "50" in a few short weeks....vision is going......memory as well....... not good at all for someone whose game plan is to follow her g-ma's example and live to 98! :)
Hmmmm ~ you just gave me an idea! Maybe she is less fearful in jail where he can't get to her? I agree in that last video of the two of them at home with her holding that big pillow, she looked like she couldn't retreat far enough from him. I hope it's not just my wishful thinking that she's going to be able to tell LE where Hasanni is. :( MOO

Hasanni Campbell thread isn't on the main page. Thread 4 is closed. There's no indication the discussion thread is available. I thought some thing was up because everything disappeared while I was at the store!! I finally went to user cp (whatever that is) and Voila! you guys have reappeared.

Who cut Hasanni out of the main page & why?

Hasanni Campbell thread isn't on the main page. Thread 4 is closed. There's no indication the discussion thread is available. I thought some thing was up because everything disappeared while I was at the store!! I finally went to user cp (whatever that is) and Voila! you guys have reappeared.

Who cut Hasanni out of the main page & why?

i'm not sure what you mean by the main page, but Hasanni now his own forum!!

Hasanni Campbell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The main page is where you scroll down on the home page & see a list about 3/4 the way down and click on the one you're interested in.

I didn't realize he had his own forum.

Thanks, Paulette

Thanks for teaching me something new. Usually, I just click the new posts link to get to the threads...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328