Resolved CA - Hacienda Heights, WhtMale 865UMCA, 18-25, black rosary beads, Nov'72 - namus removed

Thanks Carbuff!

The latest information I found was that they were definitely half brother and sister. The information was from the mothers obituary and listed the son as Billy G Wilson, although he was born Billy Jack Price. He was born in 1950. The stepfather was named Master Sergeant Bill G Wilson , living in Tennessee in 1964. Would be good to find any information that would definitely rule him out.

Thanks Carbuff!

The latest information I found was that they were definitely half brother and sister. The information was from the mothers obituary and listed the son as Billy G Wilson, although he was born Billy Jack Price. He was born in 1950. The stepfather was named Master Sergeant Bill G Wilson , living in Tennessee in 1964. Would be good to find any information that would definitely rule him out.

Thanks for finding that! I did a lot of searching, but you've done a much better job than I have. If I may ask, was he listed in the obituary as surviving or preceding in death?

Thanks for finding that! I did a lot of searching, but you've done a much better job than I have. If I may ask, was he listed in the obituary as surviving or preceding in death?

Surviving, great job finding these possible unreported missing btw.
Another interesting piece I found from the message was he was heading to ca 72 to promote the band WishBone Ash, they had a few concerts in 1972 in California,
LOS ANGELES, Hollywood Palladium, CA, USA
JULY 27 1972

SAN FRANSISCO, Civic Auditorium, CA, US
JULY 28 1972

LOS ANGELES, Long Beach Arena, CA, USA
JULY 30 1972

SANTA MONICA, CA, USA
JULY 31 1972

However there was also one Nov 8th, Hacienda John Doe was found Nov 5th. I think Hacienda is about an hour or so away from where the concerts where.

NOV 8 1972

Another interesting piece I found from the message was he was heading to ca 72 to promote the band WishBone Ash, they had a few concerts in 1972 in California,
JULY 27 1972

JULY 28 1972

JULY 30 1972

SANTA MONICA, CA, USA
JULY 31 1972

However there was also one Nov 8th, Hacienda John Doe was found Nov 5th. I think Hacienda is about an hour or so away from where the concerts where.

NOV 8 1972

I was looking for a list of Wishbone Ash concerts to try and establish a time frame, and I couldn't find one anywhere! Thanks for putting that up, and that information does actually from my perspective strengthen this possibility rather than providing a suggestive rule-out.

So assuming that Billy Jack Price was born in 1950, he would have graduated high school only a few years earlier, thus meaning that pictures from then would be relatively comparable to a contemporary reconstruction. Maybe he's in a Classmates yearbook (ranging from 1966-1968 as a rough guide for graduation dates)?

So assuming that Billy Jack Price was born in 1950, he would have graduated high school only a few years earlier, thus meaning that pictures from then would be relatively comparable to a contemporary reconstruction. Maybe he's in a Classmates yearbook (ranging from 1966-1968 as a rough guide for graduation dates)?

Yes quite possibly, one problem is under which name, also born in Texas, but was in Tennessee in 1964?

Last edited:
Yes quite possibly, one problem is under which name?

Also, the issue is where he is? I searched all of the Dallas High School District yearbooks as a starter, and only found one Billy Wilson (no one with the surname Price) in the W. W. Samuell High School Class of 1970 but I can't access the picture and have no idea if it's him. Also, even if he's missing out of Texas, that is no guarantee that he went to high school there, or that he has any other relationship with the state.

Not sure how far to go with this but if you have an Ancestry account his birth record is there but under father is
Number exits**,,Death f
Tried to find out what this means however no clear answer on the web, ranges from death of father, death of the named (not at the time) due to adoption or identity theft, my thinking is maybe adoption? Would like any other ideas!

JULY 27 1972

JULY 28 1972

JULY 30 1972

SANTA MONICA, CA, USA
JULY 31 1972

NOV 8 1972

The could be the reason why he has a pierced ear, and long hair. He was in the rock band scene.

I think we might have a very good possible here.

View attachment 134206

This man, Steven Lewis Ericson, was just listed in Charley Project (sourced from the California Attorney General website). He is not yet listed in NamUs.

Steven Lewis Ericson

There are discrepancies in eye color (hazel compared to blue) and height – (70 inches compared to John Doe’s 75 inches). (My recollection is that the John Doe’s listed height was shorter. Was it revised?)

But the other comparisons are striking enough, in my opinion, to outweigh that the height and eye color inconsistencies.

• His date of last contact (June 1 1972) precedes the John Doe’s Date of Discovery by five months.
• His last known location (Nevada County CA) is about an 8 hour drive from Hacienda Heights.
• The visual comparisons are very consistent. The eyebrows and hairlines at the temples are identical. Facial structures are also identical..
I was bumped out when I found out Steven was ruled out for this John Doe. They practically have the same cheekbone and eyes. However, there's hope that Steven could still be alive.

Original storY
Screams and gunfire in the early morning hours, blood stains, and a body clad in embroidered jeans and wearing a peace sign earring make up a 37-year-old unsolved riddle.

On Nov. 5, 1972, a resident discovered the body of a young man lying in a ravine in the 2900 block of Athel Drive of Hacienda Heights at 9:53 a.m. A neighbor heard gunshots and screams nearly eight hours earlier.

Coroner’s spokesman Ed Winter said the body was reported lying about 20 feet down the roadway. He said there was also blood on the street.

The man died of multiple gunshot wounds, according to Winter.

The body in the ravine is known to detectives and the Los Angeles County Department of the Coroner as John Doe No. 158. They have yet to solve the riddle of his identity and why he was killed 37 years ago.

“Right now it’s a complete whodunit,” said sheriff’s Sgt. Paul Mondry.

On Sept. 5, 1973, less than a year after John Doe was found, the decomposing remains of a teenage girl wearing peace symbol earrings was discovered in a shallow grave near a fire road east of Skyline Drive in La Habra Heights. Someone shot her in the head. Like John Doe, she remains unidentified and her murder unsolved.

It’s not known if the two cases are linked.

“That avenue has not been explored yet,” Mondry said. “If you don’t know who the victim is, it’s hard to tell.”

Please ignore- I see this person is listed on exclusions. Bumping for this gentleman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back