UNSOLVED CA - Hamilton City, Skeletal Leg & Foot in Brahma boot, Sacramento River, Jun'14

I think you're probably right. The young Carbuff who lives in Sacramento tells me a dozen people or more drown in the river every year. Kayaks, rafts, swimmers, hikers who fall in on some of the steep ledges upstream, etc.

Young Carbuff also indicates there were other searches downstream from where the body was found. Obviously this should be taken as rumor.

Of course I can't find it again (so treat it was rumor until I can find it), but I remember looking up stats last year about drowning deaths in the Sacramento area, and it was an average of 9 per year. This is just for the American and Sacramento rivers in the Sacramento area - if you add in places North of here I wouldn't doubt it's a dozen or more. I just can't believe so many are unidentified - I mean I do believe it, it's just pretty shocking.

I guess they wouldn't be able to tell from just a leg if this person drowned or not.

I so hope they find out more soon.

I don't think they meant that there were that many unidentified drowning victims. I thought they meant that if person A fell in and drowned, and the body was discovered several weeks later and identified, the body might not have been complete. So this leg could belong to somebody who was already identified.

Just curious, has anyone heard anything new? Another person went missing in the river today, and it made me think of this person.

I think you're probably right. The young Carbuff who lives in Sacramento tells me a dozen people or more drown in the river every year. Kayaks, rafts, swimmers, hikers who fall in on some of the steep ledges upstream, etc.

Young Carbuff also indicates there were other searches downstream from where the body was found. Obviously this should be taken as rumor.

I live in Sacramento, too. Back in college, one of my coworkers and I used to have a pool as to how many people would drown in the river each year, I don't think it was ever less than five. It doesn't matter how often it happens, people still try to swim in it and don't wear life jackets when they're boating or rafting.

I live in Sacramento, too. Back in college, one of my coworkers and I used to have a pool as to how many people would drown in the river each year, I don't think it was ever less than five. It doesn't matter how often it happens, people still try to swim in it and don't wear life jackets when they're boating or rafting.

I know what you mean. I think there have been that many already this year. It's so sad! I admit I don't usually wear a life jacket while in the boat/raft/etc. but if I get out to swim, I do. I love boating and try not to think about it too much, but every time we go out the local/semi-local missing people are in the back of my mind.

Wow this was a weird coincidence. My husband bought some new work boots a couple of days ago and said "well I've never heard of the brand but they look like nice boots and they're comfortable." The brand looked super familiar to me and sure enough - Brahma boots, brown, and he got them at Walmart. I was going crazy trying to figure out why I'd heard of the brand and then remembered this thread. Haven't heard any other word on the identity of these remains, unfortunately, but I think it's reasonable to assume the boots could well have been of the Walmart Brahma variety. Made me wonder if the loved ones of any of the people listed as possible matches know whether their missing person shopped at Walmart often or not. (then again my husband almost never does so it was a weird fluke that he got these boots from there, but still... I know there are dedicated Walmart fanatics who go there all the time - could that help narrow things down?)

I couldn't find anything more about these remains. They don't appear to be in Namus.

Does anybody know where they moved the California DoJ unidentified database to? My old bookmarks are apparently no longer valid.

Not really an update: There appear to have been at least half a dozen sets of remains found in the general Sacramento area from about 2012 to 2015, some of which may have been identified and some of which may still be at a lab. But it's not always clear which case is which or which agency is reponsible for identifying them.

Yes I'm whining. :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back