CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe also in the CBS5 raw video, she mentions (after being instructed to do so by LR) that taking in Hassani was his idea. She also mentions that he was the one who got the house, and that he "paid the security" or something to that effect. In context, it seemed to me she was talking about a security deposit required upon beginning to rent a place.

Have we confirmed LR actually is the owner? Perhaps the house sold to a different owner, who rents to LR & JC? That might make the financials make a bit more sense.

I don't think we've actually confirmed who owns the house and I'm not sure there is a way we can do that. It certainly makes more sense that they would be renters, vis-a-vis their apparent income situation!

I'm going to go out on a limb after what Soulscape has come up with and the fact that I've had Union City stuck in my brain like a helium balloon since the wee hours of this morning. This is a close-up from an area depicted in the picture I posted on page one of this thread (midway between Union and Fremont and NW of Fremont itself). I think Hasanni could be right here. This is Willow Slough. It has what appears to be plenty of cover, it appears somewhat isolated, and if he were here he could be in or near water as well. It looks like the perfect area if you're a sick, twisted.....you know what.

WillowSlough.jpg

This is in Quarry Lakes Rec Area. And this is the only place in the entire Quarry Lakes region that I can find a good deal of cover that would conceal anything.

If LR went there and made no calls in that area, then there would be no "pings" to direct LE to search there, right?
It sure looks like a place where someone could dump a body (sorry). I'm wondering how accessible it is? Sometimes these areas have gates that close the road off to the general public.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! I emailed the Oakland Athletics baseball team on Wednesday in hopes of getting Hassani's information up on the Jumbotron. I just heard back from their Director of Community Relations, and she said that they are going to be putting Hassani's picture and information up over the next 3 home games!

This is great!

Though, it's odd that people have to email them and ask for this. You'd think the ball club would have a PR department that would do this naturally - it's only a small slice of their jumbotron air time.

Oh well, in the meantime, it's great that people can ask them to, and they responded well.

Good work!

(I wonder if the volunteers in the area will be able to get people out with flyers at the game at all.)

I didn't think she was involved at first, not to be rude but partially because she doesn't seem bright enough to be faking the emotions (the people at the scene said she was hysterical at the store). But after the text and the neighbor saying early on that Hasanni hasn't been around in a couple of weeks I really believe he injured Hasanni on or closer to the tenth. Jennifer's emotion and hysteria may have been because she realized he was dead at in the moments Ross said he was "gone".

I also think this could be the case because there is no one that says they saw him in those days leading up to the report AND because if Jennifer is not acting like a protective mother at all. If she was truly concerned for Hasanni she would have immediately told the police about the earlier fights, the text, the issues Ross had with Hasanni's disabilities in hopes that the police could find this child alive somewhere. Instead she clams up, won't take a LDT, and goes with the kidnapping story. That to me says the priority is CYA and not find the child.

Has Hasanni's bio mom surfaced at all for comment? Did I miss that?
============================================================
Hassani's mom was interviewed on a local television station,
early on in the investigation.
She is said to have cerebal palsy herself.
Recently, it is said Hassani and his sister were taken away from her because of possible abuse issues.
At least that is how I remember it. Anyone?

I don't think we've actually confirmed who owns the house and I'm not sure there is a way we can do that. It certainly makes more sense that they would be renters, vis-a-vis their apparent income situation!

I have no idea, but I have found that some people work on a completely mysterious financial system that is the opposite of mine, and sometimes I just can't figure out how some people afford what they have. I try not to be too baffled by these magical people, as my lot in life is to, sadly, stay within my means.

============================================================
Hassani's mom was interviewed on a local television station,
early on in the investigation.
She is said to have cerebal palsy herself.
Recently, it is said Hassani and his sister were taken away from her because of possible abuse issues.
At least that is how I remember it. Anyone?

Yup, that's the way I remember it too dreamy

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13176347?nclick_check=1
8/21/2009

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or not.
LR interviewed by phone, stating he has spent too much time defending himself and not looking for Hassani. quote: ''Think about it, it's not about Hassani anymore."

What the heck?

LR also talks about how he got to know Hassani this last year. There's something
'off' about his phrasing when speaking of Hassani and his interests.
IMO.

I have no idea, but I have found that some people work on a completely mysterious financial system that is the opposite of mine, and I just sometimes can't figure out how some people afford what they have. I try not to be too baffled by these magical people, as my lot in life is to, sadly, stay within my means.

LOL--I agree!! I think the "mortgage bust" recently has changed their ability to live in McMansions anyway! :floorlaugh:

8/21/2009

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or not.
LR interviewed by phone, stating he has spent too much time defending himself and not looking for Hassani. quote: ''Think about it, it's not about Hassani anymore."

What the heck?

LR also talks about how he got to know Hassani this last year. There's something
'off' about his phrasing when speaking of Hassani and his interests.
IMO.

The link didn't work for me but did he actually say "it's not about Hasanni anymore" ??

If LR went there and made no calls in that area, then there would be no "pings" to direct LE to search there, right?
It sure looks like a place where someone could dump a body (sorry). I'm wondering how accessible it is? Sometimes these areas have gates that close the road off to the general public.

I'm no expert when it comes to cell phones, but it strikes me that he'd either have to take the battery out of it to avoid pings or simply leave it at home. And I do believe this guy is smart enough to do just that. Needless to say this aerial I used probably has some age on it and I have no way of being sure the road system remains open with no gates BUT I've traced all the roads leading in and there were no gates when the aerials were taken.
On a side note. I just found out that the water level right now in Willow Slough is at 22.14 feet and has been since well before Hasanni went missing.

The link didn't work for me but did he actually say "it's not about Hasanni anymore" ??
-------------------------------------------------------------
trying link again:

snipped from news article:
"I failed Hasanni the last couple of days," said Ross, 38, in a telephone interview Thursday. "Every single day I am having to defend myself, but that is wrong. By defending myself, I am making it about me. "... Think about it. "... It's not about Hasanni anymore."

K... I'm gone until tomorrow night. So, you guys will have this solved by the time I get back, right?

Shabbat shalom, y'all.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! I emailed the Oakland Athletics baseball team on Wednesday in hopes of getting Hassani's information up on the Jumbotron. I just heard back from their Director of Community Relations, and she said that they are going to be putting Hassani's picture and information up over the next 3 home games!

That's wonderful!

-------------------------------------------------------------
trying link again:

snipped from news article:
"I failed Hasanni the last couple of days," said Ross, 38, in a telephone interview Thursday. "Every single day I am having to defend myself, but that is wrong. By defending myself, I am making it about me. "... Think about it. "... It's not about Hasanni anymore."

thanks, that link worked. Reading that article again, regarding the part about the text message : it seems like he is twisting his words and trying to make it sound like he wasn't threatening to send Hasanni on BART all alone, but rather was going to meet JC with Hasanni and hand him over to her.

Thanks i.b.

*snipped* from your article

"From his 2002 BMW, the FBI took swabs, the rear seat of the vehicle, carpet from the car, two car seats, molding and latches, according to a receipt of property from the FBI."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This explains the confusion over what LE took. Local LE didn't really take anything, the FBI did.

Molding and latches?!?! WTH?

And how long do DNA tests take on seats, car seats, moldings and latches? Why would they take these things unless they found some sort of significant biological evidence in the car?
Is it routine to disassemble the car of a parent in a missing child case? I think not.

祈祷...
prière...
Beten...
επίκληση...
preghiera...
rogación...
אני מתפללת...

In other words... I'm praying for Hasanni.

:praying:

That's absolutely wonderful news!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member