CA - Jackson Telnas, 12, killed by mother who tried to kill him as a baby, Porterville, 29 Jun 2019 *insanity*

@Niner This is what the Patton DSH website says about her sentence:

Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (PC 1026)
Persons judged by the court to be guilty of a crime, but not guilty because they were insane at the time of the crime are committed to a state hospital for treatment for a period equal to the maximum sentence for their most serious offense, subordinate offenses and enhancements. The ultimate goal is for the patient to reintegrate into the community with an increased awareness of their role within society and to take responsibility for personal and public safety. The focus of treatment for this population involves helping the patient development insight into their mental illness and how the symptoms of mental illness led to the commission of a crime. Further, the patient must also demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively manage the symptoms associated with their mental illness.

This plea was entered for the charge of felony murder PC187(a). Maximum sentence is 25 years to life and they must serve the full 25 years before being eligible for parole.

So - from what you posted - I get that she will spend 25 years - at least - at the state hospital - yes?? or??
Smiley And Question Mark Smiley

So - from what you posted - I get that she will spend 25 years - at least - at the state hospital - yes?? or??
Smiley And Question Mark Smiley
That’s my understanding although the maximum sentence is life and she is almost 50 years old. There’s a good chance she will never get out.

That’s my understanding although the maximum sentence is life and she is almost 50 years old. There’s a good chance she will never get out.

Okay - yea - life sentence... then I will put this case in my "done" pile. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back