GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't sound good. I have a feeling Scott Peterson will once again be in the news over this juror Strawberry Shortcake. BLAH. I remember this case so vividly.
Beautiful Laci and baby Connor introduced me to true crime. I hope this doesn't help the in any way. He shouldn't still be alive IMO.

#Justice4Libby&Abby

Hi All,

First time poster on this case. I was just wondering did anyone watch the 6 part documentary on this case and have it change their opinion on Scott's guilty verdict?

Personally, something doesn't sit right with me and I don't believe he did it.

I watched the 6 part documentary on Sky Channel Crime +Inv (It is worth noting I am from the UK and am unsure as to the difference in Sky channels or showings over in the US)

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/ser...peterson-8d5968aa-1b86-4cb9-8023-3a74c3e643db

I would be really interested to hear your thoughts if you too have watched.

Hi All,

First time poster on this case. I was just wondering did anyone watch the 6 part documentary on this case and have it change their opinion on Scott's guilty verdict?

Personally, something doesn't sit right with me and I don't believe he did it.

I watched the 6 part documentary on Sky Channel Crime +Inv (It is worth noting I am from the UK and am unsure as to the difference in Sky channels or showings over in the US)

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/ser...peterson-8d5968aa-1b86-4cb9-8023-3a74c3e643db

I would be really interested to hear your thoughts if you too have watched.

I watched it too and I think they gave some compelling evidence that could support a new trail but I still think he did it.

I watched it too and I think they gave some compelling evidence that could support a new trail but I still think he did it.
I saw it but it did not change my mind. I think the documentary was one sided and from his family's point of view. I think he was guilty. The circumstantial evidence may not look like much when viewed one on one. But, when it is all together it is compelling.

I saw it but it did not change my mind. I think the documentary was one sided and from his family's point of view. I think he was guilty. The circumstantial evidence may not look like much when viewed one on one. But, when it is all together it is compelling.

Hi Both,

Thank you for taking your time to respond to me. I was shocked to see how many people believe he is 100% guilty.

I did notice the series' purpose was to highlight all the issues with the case, trial and conviction. However for me there were too many flaws, serious ones at that.

- Media coverage (resulting in an unfair trial)

- The fact poor baby Connor had rope and tape stuck to him and sizing and decomposition indicated that he survived outside of the womb.

- The fact other pregnant woman went missing in the area previously.

And more!

The main circumstantial evidence that I remember was the fact he fished in that area. However, it was noted that the police issued his alibi to the general public therefore anyone holding Laci at that point had an ideal opportunity to pass blame.

Just my own opinion of course, but I believe the media sentenced him before he was arrested and went to trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that Laci and Baby Connor were found where he says he went fishing pretty much nailed it for me.

Hi ilovewings,

I agree, it is a crucial piece of circumstantial evidence. However, in a press conference the police announced his alibi long before Laci and Connor were found which the media grabbed hold of and ran with. For me, this completely invalidates the evidence because everyone watching the news was now aware of where he was the day she went missing.

There is also the issue of tipping a body the same size and weight as Laci out of the boat SP had, was shown to be physically impossible without sinking the boat.

Not to mention, the case of Evelyn Hernandez, a 24 year old and heavily pregnant Salvadoran Immigrant who was due to give birth the week after her disappearance in 2002. She was found around 3 months later washed up in the San Francisco Bay missing her head and several limbs.

Color me skeptical. I've always thought him guilty as charged.

Color me skeptical. I've always thought him guilty as charged.

Hi Flourish,

I would be interested to hear your reasonings for your guilty verdict.
Without sounding like a broken record this case just does not sit right with me, there are too many unknowns and not enough solid evidence to convict let alone be sentenced to death.

Hi Flourish,

I would be interested to hear your reasonings for your guilty verdict.
Without sounding like a broken record this case just does not sit right with me, there are too many unknowns and not enough solid evidence to convict let alone be sentenced to death.

For me, just the opposite. Why this is in the news is beyond me. I followed this case from beginning to the end. There are SO MANY reasons to believe he is guilty...they are too numerous to point out. One that I recall off-hand, he told his new girlfriend his wife was dead when he first met her. I haven't met many men who do that...they say they're divorced, but SHE'S DEAD? The anchors he made, hiding his boat purchase from family...I could go ON and ON and ON, but you get the picture. SP is right where he needs to be, IMHO. I hope I never see anything relating to him again. As far as I am concerned, this case is CLOSED. JMO

I agree with above. Many many reasons to say he's guilty. One big one, and I mentioned this in other thread where someone came on to ask if the new show has changed anyone's opinions on his guilt, is that he was doing that interview with newslady while his wife was missing and his cellphone rang and he didn't answer it. Newslady said he could be he didn't bother. His wife was missing and he didn't care to answer his phone?????

Nice Hail Mary by his supporters but the man is guilty. Point blank.

Plus...
Statistically pregnant women are killed by the baby daddy frequently

Wasn't there cement mixer dust found in his boat which matched the"anchors" found with the body?

He bleached his hair and had cash and someone else's ID and was headed toward Mexico

Dude had motive, means, opportunity, all evidence points to him and his actions are all suspicious

I guess I'm just shocked that anyone actually thinks him innocent of the murders

Nice Hail Mary by his supporters but the man is guilty. Point blank.

I wouldn't call myself a "supporter" this man could well be guilty of one of the most horrendous crimes! However, people need to take a look at the actual facts of the case and not what was reported by the media.

Good lord, the guy ordered a *advertiser censored* channel a day after she disappeared and then sold her car!

It was too cold for him to golf that morning, but not too cold to go fishing in San Francisco Bay ?

And the bodies coincidentally washed ashore in the same place... a two hour drive from their home.

He was arrested with camping gear, thousands of dollars in cash, and his brother's ID, and had altered his appearance. Said he was going to use his brother's ID to golf at Torrey Pines, but gee, he didn't have any golf clubs with him. [emoji848]

This guy is exactly where he should be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Apparently, there is an agenda here to discuss parts of Scott Peterson's appeal.

We are not going to let those who believe Peterson is innocent to use Websleuths to present their case.

There is NOTHING to argue here. The jury said Scott was guilty. The evidence is overwhelming.

IF Scott is granted a new trial then I will be happy to open all of this up for discussion.

Until then it is off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member