GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was also rude towards Sharon Rocha in court who certainly did nothing wrong. Jackie was damaged sure, but she also tried to cover for her son after the crime, enabled him growing up, was cruel towards Laci and even her mother after Laci's death .. there was a lot that went on during the trial ..

I am the same way, I don't believe in blaming one person for another persons actions, but when a mother goes from supportive to trying to help her son avoid responsibility for his actions then she is responsible for that.

Jackie did cross that line .. her advice to Scott after the crime .. 'deny, deny, deny'.

Okay, I believe the, "deny, deny, deny" quote. Can you give me a link?

Thanks Elley Mae .. I just came in to drop the exact same link!

She was also rude towards Sharon Rocha in court who certainly did nothing wrong. Jackie was damaged sure, but she also tried to cover for her son after the crime, enabled him growing up, was cruel towards Laci and even her mother after Laci's death .. there was a lot that went on during the trial ..

I am the same way, I don't believe in blaming one person for another persons actions, but when a mother goes from supportive to trying to help her son avoid responsibility for his actions then she is responsible for that.

Jackie did cross that line .. her advice to Scott after the crime .. 'deny, deny, deny'.

This was one of the trials that I watched as much as I could and I would leave the room (others were watching) when she was on, she made me that sick.
She is the Mother that I Hate with a passion. Yes I said Hate. If I don't like something I pretty much Hate it.

I will never understand how any mother can defend a guilty child. Never. Don't waste time.
I do not like jp.

I honestly believe, that those that advocate for the guilty, reap their rewards. Nether less, may you rest in peace!

I felt the same way .. I watched the trial too, and followed it here while I was still a lurker .. at the beginning I really tried to understand her, but there were just way too many examples of cruel behaviour .. and not just from her, but from Lee too, as if the Rocha's were to blame for the fact that their son was on trial for his life, compete disconnect.

Maybe now she will know the truth if Lacy and Conner feel like meeting her at the Pearly Gates.

wow!

Believe it or not I just read (a few months ago) all of these books on the Scott Peterson case.

caveat: reason being initially was because I wanted to read the book that was written by the jurors after the sentencing phase hung in the arias trial

So I read:
We The Jury
We, the Jury: Deciding the Scott Peterson Case: Greg Beratlis, Tom Marino, Mike Belmessieri, Dennis Lear, Richelle Nice, John Guinasso, Julie Zanartu, Frank Swertlow, Lyndon Stambler: 9781597775366: Amazon.com: Books

Then I read Amber Frey's book
Witness: For the Prosecution of Scott Peterson: Amber Frey: 9780060799250: Amazon.com: Books

Then I was on a roll so I read the book by his maternal half sister Ann Bird:
Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson Is Guilty: Anne Bird: Amazon.com: Books

I then read this really good book by Catherine Crier which had even more bits of info:
A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation: Catherine Crier: Amazon.com: Books

And finished with Sharon Rocha's book:
For Laci: A Mother's Story of Love, Loss, and Justice: Sharon Rocha: 9780307338297: Amazon.com: Books (which, btw, I am very glad I saved for last)

After reading all the above books I truly feel like Jackie knew exactly what was going on with Scott.

Yes, Ann Bird was his sister (half) that Jackie gave up for adoption. She also gave a half brother up for adoption. The brother found Jackie first and then got in touch with Ann who then got in touch with Jackie as well. Ann actually had a pretty close relationship with both Jackie and Scott and she actually let him stay at her home during the case and even let him hide out at a cabin she had (btw she is still missing a shovel from the cabin and she thinks he did something with it). She had a picture in her book that showed the view from the room he stayed in at her house and it looked out at the bay where Scott dumped Laci :-( She actually believed him until everything started adding up. It also almost broke up her marriage. (he even hit on her babysitter!)

Ann eventually had to cut off ties with Jackie as she was trying to get her to not talk with police, etc. It was really a complete mess.

In Sharon's book there was even more on Jackie from Sharon's perspective and it was truly alarming how she behaved toward Sharon :-(

I agree that no one should suffer from cancer.

That being said, I absolutely think she impeded the investigation and had, at the least, guilty knowledge :-(

**sorry for the long post**

aside: I got all the above books from my library

Ha!! They're the ones I read too, there is another out there I liked also ..

Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson: Keith Ablow: 9780312352059: Amazon.com: Books

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/inside-the-mind-of-scott-peterson

"I am convinced that Laci and Conner lost their lives to a psychological 'perfect storm' that began gathering over the Peterson family over five decades ago and reached hurricane strength in the psyche of Scott Peterson. The road to the 2002 murders of a young woman full of life and the innocent child she carried" was pre-ordained when, just before Christmas in December 1945, his maternal grandfather was murdered. To bolster his theories, Ablow goes into detail about that killing and how it and its ramifications affected Scott's mother, Jackie. He writes of those events and believes the force of that moment in time became the genesis for every event that twisted Scott into a sociopath.

oh thanks Mrs. G! I will put that on my list!

I think Anne Bird's book was truly the most shocking about Jackie's behavior :eek: (that and all she did to try to hide him out, cover up, and try to coerce others into not talking with the police!)

Yes, for sure .. lots of extra detail in it from when he was sort of 'in hiding (from media)' before his arrest .. I can't remember what I read where, but I remember a few details about Jackie's cruelty towards Laci that really bothered me, the girl could do no right in that woman's eyes, when clearly Laci was a DOLL! Actually it was Anne Bird's book I think about a trip away they all took .. anyway Jackie was a b*tch to her, and after her son KILLED her she acted like somehow that was Laci's (or even Sharon's) fault too. It was unbelievable.

This was one of the trials that I watched as much as I could and I would leave the room (others were watching) when she was on, she made me that sick.
She is the Mother that I Hate with a passion. Yes I said Hate. If I don't like something I pretty much Hate it.

I will never understand how any mother can defend a guilty child. Never. Don't waste time.
I do not like jp.
I completely agree, I don't believe in "unconditional love"! My love for my daughter is conditional- you murder somebody you lose my love!!!

I too have read all of the above books except for the "Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson". Each was excellent in its own way. I particularly enjoyed reading the thoughts of the jury members.

Ann Bird's book was the real eye-opener as far as Jackie was concerned. I already did not like her, but Ann's book quite factually told what a mean and petty person Jackie really was. Sharon Rocha's book also told the straight facts about actions Jackie took and things she said. And Lee was no prince in all of it either.

As for Jackie's death - I have never been one to think that death imbues anyone with qualities they did not possess in life. Good people die. Bad people die. It did not appear that Jackie Peterson was a good person.

I too have read all of the above books except for the "Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson". Each was excellent in its own way. I particularly enjoyed reading the thoughts of the jury members.

Ann Bird's book was the real eye-opener as far as Jackie was concerned. I already did not like her, but Ann's book quite factually told what a mean and petty person Jackie really was. Sharon Rocha's book also told the straight facts about actions Jackie took and things she said. And Lee was no prince in all of it either.

As for Jackie's death - I have never been one to think that death imbues anyone with qualities they did not possess in life. Good people die. Bad people die. It did not appear that Jackie Peterson was a good person.
I agree, people started treating Patsy Ramsey like a saint when she died, just because she died of cancer. Bad people still get cancer, it doesn't turn them into a good person.

Holy christ .what did she do but give birth to this idiot why make her out to be the bad guy . Oh the tanks werent a prop c'mon thats lowshe may of had a <modsnip> for a son but thats all it wasn't her it was him something he did in his what late 20's so dont blame the mom..Its to bad she had to suffer from lung cancer..may she R.I.P

Well, some could possibly wonder about 3 children born out of wedlock, two given away, and one kept. But hey, people makes mistakes. I cannot judge her. She did keep the third one - and then when she married gave birth to the golden boy, who did what?

This is a sad tale about a sad life, a life someone could not rise above. Let all who are without sin. . .There, but for the grace of God . . . RIP, or whatever God has in store. I surely am not fit to judge.

My opinion only

Problems Galore in that mess of a so called family. Too Bad for Lacey and her unborn son to be in the middle of that mess!

Well, some could possibly wonder about 3 children born out of wedlock, two given away, and one kept. But hey, people makes mistakes. I cannot judge her. She did keep the third one - and then when she married gave birth to the golden boy, who did what?

This is a sad tale about a sad life, a life someone could not rise above. Let all who are without sin. . .There, but for the grace of God . . . RIP, or whatever God has in store. I surely am not fit to judge.

My opinion only
I am.

linask! ROFLMAO!

I never knew all of this about Jackie. Im gonna brush up on my reading this weekend.

I have read every book that I could get my hands on about Laci and her family (all of them) Jackie was not a nice person--Lee was not a nice person-Scott was a cold blooded killer...

NO ONE DESERVES CANCER--- no matter how bad a person they are.
I have been though this, chemo, bone marrow transplant and the side effects NO ONE no matter what they do or have done deserves this.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500