GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberLaw said:
I would love to see the grounds of appeal, just because you have a high priced, well known attorney, who is very capable, has won many cases and has a huge client "celebrity" list does not make him "inadequate" before the appeal court.

I don't think Scott will win on appeal.....I just don't see the errors of law.
----------------------------

I'm rereadtng posts today..I do not see an appeal happening.As another poster said,Judge Delucchi (sp) covered all ground.Geragos pulled a lot but Judge D.knew how to handle it.Someone should point out to the P's how many DP. cases Delucchi has had and how many have stuck!! The P's are hurrying up the process for Scottie to get the needle,putting him at the head of the "class".Oh they always wanted him to be "first"~may they get their wish...Geragos does not give a flying fig as to Scotts future........IMO.

Shamrock said:
------

Somehow I dont think this is proper,for me anyway.I could not become involved in any way with a person I sent to prison.I'm not saying it is wrong for her~just could not do it myself.Sounds like she may have suffered guilt over this case. I hope her life straightens out. Poor "Strawberry Shortcake".

Does she or anyone else for that matter honestly think Scott would admit to killing Laci and Conner? Why he is seeking appeals!!

news link

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. — Convicted murderer Scott Peterson is turning on the charm again, this time for one of the jurors who sent him to death row.
Richelle Nice tells People magazine she's been corresponding with Peterson for about a year. She says in his letters, Peterson is polite, charming and showers her with compliments.

Several witnesses at Peterson's murder trial, including Peterson's former lover, described him as charming. Peterson was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife, Laci.

Nice says she first wrote to Peterson only as an exercise suggested by her therapist. She decided to mail it, and he replied.

Nice says Peterson seems more concerned about how the trial affected her than how it affected him. And he repeatedly denied killing his wife.

dark_shadows said:
news link

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. — Convicted murderer Scott Peterson is turning on the charm again, this time for one of the jurors who sent him to death row.
Richelle Nice tells People magazine she's been corresponding with Peterson for about a year. She says in his letters, Peterson is polite, charming and showers her with compliments.

Several witnesses at Peterson's murder trial, including Peterson's former lover, described him as charming. Peterson was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife, Laci.

Nice says she first wrote to Peterson only as an exercise suggested by her therapist. She decided to mail it, and he replied.

Nice says Peterson seems more concerned about how the trial affected her than how it affected him. And he repeatedly denied killing his wife.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

JBean said:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

JBean,the pink-haired juror stated that her therapist encouraged the letter writing exercise.If she is concerned about herself more than him,why would she write to him for over a year.This is inappropriate.

If a stranger asks you to help him look for his puppy….run.

If you are at a party and are offered drugs….just say no.

If your therapist suggests you seek inspirational answers from a murdering pathological liar on death row……………..

She clearly has mental problems.

as a reason — not an excuse — i would find it very hard to think things through after condeming someone to death.

then again i come from a country (Britain) which never had the DP in my lifetime.

i am also not saying it isn't what should happen. to Petersen or anyone else. i really don't know what it would be to be part of a jury who gives a verdict which results in the death penalty.

i have never served on a jury at all and now i reside in a country where i'll never be called for jury service (as i'm not a citizen, merely a resident). and this country (Germany) doesn't have the DP anyway.

so long as i live here (forever is my plan) i will never do jury service.

has the jury duty this lady did driven her batty? or was she batty before?

dark_shadows said:
JBean,the pink-haired juror stated that her therapist encouraged the letter writing exercise.If she is concerned about herself more than him,why would she write to him for over a year.This is inappropriate.
I'd turn the therapist in to the state board of ethics.

Can you even IMAGINE encouraging a former juror to write to a convicted murderer?

SICK.

And that so-called therapist should find a different profession.

Unbelievable.

I don't think they will be penpals much longer since she has gone public with it. She made some comment about hoping he confesses to her. I don't see that happening. As soon as Ma & Pa Peterson get wind of her going public with this they will probably make sure Scotty boy doesn't write to her again.

I'm wondering if it was recommended by the therapst to write a letter but not mail it, just get her feelings down on paper b/c suggesting that a troubled person seek a prison penpal is ridiculous.

From the article:

Nice said she wrote the first letter as an exercise suggested by her therapist, but she didn't intend to mail it.

I think the therapist told her to write her feelings in a letter to him but not mail it.She says she decided to mail it,in my opinion that was a bad decision on her part.As if he is going to confess to her.

Alta said:
From the article:

Nice said she wrote the first letter as an exercise suggested by her therapist, but she didn't intend to mail it.

I think the therapist told her to write her feelings in a letter to him but not mail it.She says she decided to mail it,in my opinion that was a bad decision on her part.As if he is going to confess to her.

I saw this in People, and it did say the therapist suggested that she just write down her feelings in a "letter" to Scott. NOT to mail it! But that Nice decided at the last minute to mail it, never dreaming he'd actually reply. The description of her reaction when he did reply is very believable - she said she freaked out and didn't want to touch it and even wondered if she should call the police. Now they write, but the article is very clear that she knows this is not a normal thing and she is not falling for him at all. She describes his as completely detached, just like he was in the courtroom, and totally disconnected from reality (like asking her for suggestions for a hobby - what a :loser: ).

I do think it is bizarre, but I see how it happened and clearly she is not some crazy girl falling for his BS. The best line is at the end when they describe her tumultuous life. She says she looks at her experiences and compares them to his life of privelege and can't believe how carelessly he threw it all away.

Okay...this sickens me.

Richelle probably wanted to see what kind of information he could get from him. But IMO, Scott is a total sociopath, and still plays the role 150%. I can't fathom women not seeing Scott's polite behavior as his "role"

I do feel bad for Richelle. Unless she stops communicating with him, this will hinder her getting "well"

Oh MAN...I can hear Nancy Grace on this one..lol

Sharon Rocha is on Larry King Live now. 12-12-06 Just thought you might want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz