GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we can get a forum in the Trials area of WS.

MODESTO, Calif. — Convicted killer Scott Peterson will be heading to trial again over the death of his pregnant wife, this time in civil court.

The parents of Laci Peterson have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against him, seeking a multimillion-dollar judgment.

A Stanislaus County Superior Court judge ruled Friday that Peterson would have to stand trial in the civil case.

and

At Friday's hearing, Peterson's defense attorney cited in court a videotape made at San Quentin State Prison in which he maintains his innocence.

The judge stayed his ruling until June 23 to allow lawyers to appeal.

The trial is set to begin July 8.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364122,00.html

I don't know why they dropped it but sometimes enough is enough. After going through everything that they have and getting through the trial they may have just decided that they need to let this go and just focus on healing.
Otherwise you just keep reliving the murder and everything that happened.

Scott doesn't have anything they would want anyway. I kind of think that the reason they filed the civil suit was to keep Scott from writing a book or getting movie rights and getting paid the big bucks from Laci's murder.

I think about Laci's mom and stepdad and Dennis too and wonder how they are doing. You can bet there isn't a day that goes by that they don't think of Laci and what she is missing and that little guy and what he would be doing now if he were here. I wonder if Scott ever thinks about the baby like that???

Maybe they don't want to dredge everything up again? I saw Ron on Larry King last week. They were talking about the Craigs list guy and how people can live double lives. He seems to be doing good,but there is a profound look of sadness in his eyes still.

Maybe because a judge ruled they could not use the murder conviction as evidence in the civil trial and Scott plead the 5th 195 times.

Family of Scott Peterson Asks Public to Contribute to His Appeal Fund

Read the story at Foxnews.com

MODESTO, Calif. — The family of convicted killer Scott Peterson is asking the public to contribute money to his appeal.

In a blog posting, the family says it needs $95,000 to help cover the cost of an investigation needed to overturn his 2003 conviction for murdering his pregnant wife Laci...............
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533365,00.html?test=latestnews

Ah Jackie Peterson.......did she co-write a parenting book with Cindy Anthony??? :crazy:
Talk about separated at birth!!!:eek:

MODESTO, Calif. — The family of convicted killer Scott Peterson is asking the public to contribute money to his appeal.

In a blog posting, the family says it needs $95,000 to help cover the cost of an investigation needed to overturn his 2003 conviction for murdering his pregnant wife Laci...............
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533365,00.html?test=latestnews

Ah Jackie Peterson.......did she co-write a parenting book with Cindy Anthony??? :crazy:
Talk about separated at birth!!!:eek:

Someone should step up and gather funds to assure the state can execute him.

That's right. Scott Peterson's familiy is asking for donations to help with his appeal.

http://cbs13.com/local/scott.peterson.donations.2.1087776.html

In our members only forums of Websleuths we still discuss Scott Peterson now and then but I felt this was news enough to put it in this forum for discussion.

I have a feeling the majority of you will not be donating anything to help Scott Peterson.

Laci Rocha and Conner deserve not to be forgotten by us. Every once in a while when something new happens we should discuss and remember.

One of the best True Crime books I ever read was the one written by Sharon Rocha. You can literally feel her pain of losing Laci.

Tricia

Wow. I feel bad for the stress SP's parents have endured, but couldn't donate anything after reading the transcripts during the trial. I'd give to the search dogs as Sharon Rocha did with her book.

I seen this today and literally felt sick to my stomach.
I guess this is one way for the Peterson's to learn exactly how the world feels about Scott and what he did to Laci and Conner.
My suggestion to them would be to wash cars, flip burgers, clean toilets, and sell lemonade on the street corners...I really don't think they will receive any help from the public.
My Laci and Conner rest in peace:blowkiss:

Thanks for the link Tricia. Let me run right over to that website and make a donation (cough cough NOT cough cough) Just the thought of that man makes my stomach turn and my blood boil:banghead: All I can say is talk to the:hand:

I have $$ for Snot's appeal right here. Poor Jackie....:boohoo:

I think I will go buy the book Sharon wrote. So that this news brings money to the victim and not the perp. I watched the trial coverage, but have not kept up with this one. I had no idea she wrote a book.

After reading the text message thing about Chris Coleman today on NG facebook, and now this...I think there should be a law written that any man who kills his innocent family cannot get mail in jail. He should be isolated in a cell like a caged animal. He wanted to be free of his beautiful wife and child so he should sit in a cell with no human contact for what he has done.
I do feel for his family, but I feel worse for the Rocha's as they cannot contact their daughter in any way.

Rant Over

I didn't know she wrote a book either, but I will go and see if one is available at one of the bookstores here. As for SP awww, I read in the link where "He is losing his patience". Well, too Fn' bad. Here's 2 cents worth....Don't murder your wife and child! That's all SP's gonna get from this Ol' Gal.

Checkbook in hand as I type to donate....cough cough.

What nerve, let them keep there hands to themselves. Jeez..

Now Sharon, she is an inspriation to all...

Goz

/stomps on hat
:boohoo:

In all honesty though, I had no idea about her mothers book. I am going to add that to my list for my next bookstore trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark