GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's an excellent idea! His mom can print his lawyer's diploma right off the internet.

Just hearing that they are seeking donations makes me ill.

ITA

SP had fake diplomas on his wall when Laci died. Whats one more?

My money will stay firmly in my pocket. No soup for you, Scott!

Here ya' go Jackie. My donation to the dirtbags defense fund. Catch it if you can! Better hurry... it's going down.

money-toilet-768359.jpg

I will be sending my donation to the financially strapped state to assure they have the funds to execute him. Maybe I can get them to send one of those "A donation has been made in your name" cards to the Peterson family.

Heck I will make a big fat donation to the state if they let me throw the switch:crazy:

This is one reason I'm not sure about the death penalty; it ends up costing the taxpayers so much more to house them and pay for appeals, etc.

Than just sticking them out in the general population.

As I recall, the Petersons were quite wealthy at one time. I remember all the properties they owned, many of which they deeded over to different members of their family. Just one reason Scott was "spoilt rotten" and had to have the best of everything.

I can also remember Jackie wanting "Lacy's things" after she died. They are not only wealthy, but stingy and selfish IMO. I have a feeling they don't want to pay for all these attorney bills if they can get away with it.

Just give up your cigarettes, Jackie. (Hay, what happened about that lung transplant you needed, anyway?) snark, snark

I didn't know she wrote a book either, but I will go and see if one is available at one of the bookstores here. As for SP awww, I read in the link where "He is losing his patience". Well, too Fn' bad. Here's 2 cents worth....Don't murder your wife and child! That's all SP's gonna get from this Ol' Gal.
I thought when he was sentenced to death, the word was that it would be years before a state-appointed attorney came around for his appeal. He's known this since day one. If he didn't want this to happen he shouldn't have killed Laci & Conner. :behindbar He's also lucky that California isn't like Texas where he'd probably be eating his last meal by now. MOO

Here ya' go Jackie. My donation to the dirtbags defense fund. Catch it if you can! Better hurry... it's going down.

money-toilet-768359.jpg

I tried to give you more than one thanks on this one! Thank you, you just made my day!

Hey, the only news I want to see about Scott Peterson is that someone has plugged a needle in his arm and he's on his way to Hell where he belongs.
:behindbar

Death penalty budget for appeal attorney:
$5,000 absolute ceiling budget ($10 per hour ceiling paid to any attorney, investigation money must come out of this budget) -- all defense attorneys must take their turn in representing cases on appeals at this rate in order to practice as defense attorneys.

Death penalty time for appeal to be won:
6 months, no longer, the case must be represented, heard and decided in 6 months.

Death penalty execution:
The day after the 1st appeal is lost, i.e. 6 months and 1 day at 8AM in the morning.

Execution cost:
$100, use an "on staff RN" or ER tech or doctor who is already paid hourly at the prison for the injection; $100 goes for the great, quick, painless "kill med" (propofol?) -- if one is not available at that price, Home Depot silicon caulk or Draino can be used.

In years and years, most people I know are for the death penalty, yet we continue to see this ridiculous expensive appeals process and the ongoing housing/feeding of those who we have decided deserve death for their crimes. I would like to see tax payers (those who actually "pay" taxes, as in income taxes) take a stand.

IMO, tax payers who are against the death penalty OR who feel that this expensive and long term appeals process should put their money where their mouth is. Taxpayers should register as X or Y. X if they wish to convict, appeal and execute in X time limit, or Y if they don't mind an ongoing money drain for convicted killers. The Y people should be assessed a special tax, yearly to pay the massive amount needed to house those who have been convicted to death, and they should pay on time or lose their driver's license or have their checks deducted until they are paid -- well okay, that is a tad stupid (not perfectly thought out), but you get the point. Oh, and if the Y people don't feed the budget like they should, the budget craps out, it is not over extended.

The point is, if other people want to support creeps for years and years, let them do it on their dime (massive dollars, actually).

I don't know why ole "Hollywood" Geragois..spelling...isn't doing the appeal Pro Bono. Isn't he still interested in proving that Scott is "stone cold innocent?" They were such buddies at one time and I believe that Hollywood even had a site up asking for donations for the appeal right after the trial.

I don't know why ole "Hollywood" Geragois..spelling...isn't doing the appeal Pro Bono. Isn't he still interested in proving that Scott is "stone cold innocent?" They were such buddies at one time and I believe that Hollywood even had a site up asking for donations for the appeal right after the trial.

I was wondering about Geragos too. I never liked the term "stone cold innocent"... it sounded better as "stone cold guilty". There was a "donation page" on the Geragos website- wonder if it wasn't profitable?

I hope nobody gets mad at this statement - I feel sorry in a way for these people. He was raised by them in such a manner that he felt he should never be held responsible for his actions. When we reach adulthood, we adjust our upbringing to be moral human beings and strive to do the right thing. Evidently his parents never got that far nor did he. Had they asked for prayers instead of money, they may get a better response. That being said, buying Sharon's book and sending prayers for Lacy's loved ones take priority on my part. All of those people who say they want an appeal, bet they aren't putting their money where their mouth is.

Well, the quicker the appeal is denied, the quicker the needle is injected.

This is what "entitlement" will get you. A quicker ACTUAL death penalty.

Keep on asking for that money, Petersons. You're just hastening his death.

Couldn't happen to a nicer family.:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I was wondering about Geragos too. I never liked the term "stone cold innocent"... it sounded better as "stone cold guilty". There was a "donation page" on the Geragos website- wonder if it wasn't profitable?

It's hard to imagine that there are people who think that Scott is innocent. I doubt that the donation page that Geragos put up brought much money in and I doubt that this one will either. Seems that people would have been more willing to give right after the trial if they thought he was innocent then now when he has basically been forgotten. They get more then one appeal don't they?

If Peterson's want investigators and forensic people I'm afraid they will have to find a way to pay for them theirselves. I wonder what they think they will find that will change anything? I guess they still can't see the forest for the trees. Such denial! I will be shocked if he ever gets an appeal because the judge was so careful during that trial.

Have you noticed that we don't see much of ole Hollywood anymore and haven't since after the trial? He crossed a line then with the boat in the parking lot, etc, and I don't think he is very well liked now.

Bobbisangel, I haven't seen much of Geragos in the media, but I hadn't looked too hard for him either. :)

He's involved in a Tiger Mauling Case: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2008/01/07/MNTJU9FT6.DTL and glancing at the opinion page regarding this case, people don't seem to hold him in high regard. I didn't find him to be a very likeable or relatable human being, but I suppose that may be part of his "personality" that could help him along in his role as a defense attorney?

As far as the Peterson's are concerned, I felt they were quite disrespectful of everyone and find their plea for donations really repulsive. Let Scott get donations from all the pen pals he supposedly has, because I wouldn't come off one cent to help him appeal. I'll be happy to send a donation for his last meal, maybe some strawberries and champagne would be nice?

There have been several books written about the case. This was one of the best. It made me cry hard and I usually don't cry about these cases - I try to look at them clinically enough so I won't cry. But, Sharon's descriptions about what she endured and is enduring will floor you. She is incredible and a real voice for victims.
SP's parent's creep me out. Two other good books that I think combine to really explain what created the monster that is SP are "Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson", by Keith Ablow and "A Deadly Game" by Catherine Crier. Along with Sharon's book, they really combine well to describe SP's parents and what they are like and how they contributed to creating SP. Great books. I wouldn't give those people a red cent. They are horrible.

I've never heard of the trial attorney who lost handling the appeal, but he could've recommended someone to SP (like OJ had Dershowitz lined up by his dream team in case he'd gotten convicted). I think Geragos has moved on to bigger ($$$$$$$) things now. MOO

Want in one hand and in the other and see which one fills up first. :crazy:

Scott Peterson and his parents need to just get over themselves. Who is going to donate to fund SP's appeal? Maybe they all need to realize that SP is exactly where he should be - on Death Row!

Throwing more money down the toilet will not make him innocent. I understand that everyone has the right to an appeal on the death sentence, but I honestly believe that even if he were granted a second trial, the outcome would be no different.

They have got be nuts, thinking anyone would give to the defense of him. :banghead:
This is further a slap in the face to Laci and Conners family. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member