GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ridiculous. I see absolutely nothing new. I’m sorry, but WHY would house burglars just go across the street and kidnap and murder a pregnant woman? And then dump her body miles away exactly where her husband was “fishing”? They must be super bored at the Innocence Project.

This is ridiculous. I see absolutely nothing new. I’m sorry, but WHY would house burglars just go across the street and kidnap and murder a pregnant woman? And then dump her body miles away exactly where her husband was “fishing”? They must be super bored at the Innocence Project.
Exactly.

ScottPeterson must have about boated right over the top of them while they were cement-casting Laci&Conor overboard. As he pleasure-fished.

The Nonsense Project.

What a waste of resources -- on someone who is already sucking up more than his share of oxygen.

JMO

Time line of the Laci Peterson case​

• Dec. 24, 2002, Laci Peterson reported missing: Laci Peterson's stepfather filed a police report that she was missing and eight months pregnant.
  • December 2002, Scott Peterson became a prime suspect: Peterson was suspected of having an affair with Amber Frey, who was his massage therapist.
  • April 14, 2003, Laci Peterson's body found: Investigators found Laci Peterson's decomposed body washed ashore in San Fransico Bay.
  • April 21, 2003, Scott Peterson arrested: Peterson was charged with the murder of Laci Peterson and her unborn son Connor.
  • June 1, 2004, Scott Peterson murder trial begins: The criminal trial lasted for five months. Frey was a key witness who testified that Peterson told her he wasn't married.
  • Nov. 12, 2004, Peterson found guilty: Peterson was found guilty of first-degree murder and second-degree murder. He was sentenced to death via lethal injection.
  • Aug. 24, 2020, Peterson's death sentence overturned: The California Supreme Court overturned a death sentence for Peterson in 2020 but upheld Peterson's conviction.
  • Dec. 20, 2022, Peterson denied new trial: Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo denied Peterson's appeal based on stealth juror accusations.
  • Jan. 18, 2024, LA Innocence Project picks up the case: The LA Innocence Project group tells ABC News that new evidence supports Peterson's innocence.

LINK:

What "new" evidence would that be?
No link because it was on TV news…. only thing I heard mentioned, on Cuomo last night on News Nation, was about the burglary. It could have been the same time Lacy went missing. Yet before, as a result of the LE investigation, it was two days different, before or after I can’t recall. Cuomo didn’t seem to buy it, lol.
But said that the LA innocence project has something like a 40+% success rate?!
Still, sounds like they’re grasping at straws, and hoping to find a Casey Anthony jury to me.

ETA: Oh, and they had a juror on who thinks he might have been wrongly convicted. Go figure!

Not sure if I am doing this right....here is a great post copied over from a different thread.

What innocent person tells their mistress he is already widowed when he is not, runs away & is found with a stash of money in his car & his hair is dyed a different color?
I'm sorry, but if he is innocent, why in the world did he do all of those things? He is the most guilty looking innocent person I have ever seen.

Gosh...I am totally conflicted. I am having a difficult time believing it could have been anyone other than SP. Rhetorical Question: What evidence would they need to present to convince me otherwise??
Right. It would have to be pretty substantial evidence to allow me to ignore alllllllllllllll the evidence pointing directly at him.

Gosh...I am totally conflicted. I am having a difficult time believing it could have been anyone other than SP. Rhetorical Question: What evidence would they need to present to convince me otherwise??
I'd need to see Laci and Conor both walk into the courtroom.

This development has questioning The Innocence Project. Surely there are more deserving inmates.

JMO

I remember the Laci Peterson case as an open and shut case. It was obvious he did it, but it was many years ago and I don't remember all the details. What exactly are the grounds of his appeal and the Innocence Project taking over? Could it be some new evidence? I would like to believe the Innocence Project are careful of whom they're representing.

I remember the Laci Peterson case as an open and shut case. It was obvious he did it, but it was many years ago and I don't remember all the details. What exactly are the grounds of his appeal and the Innocence Project taking over? Could it be some new evidence? I would like to believe the Innocence Project are careful of whom they're representing.
I wouldn't say it was "open and shut." But it was a pretty strong case for sure. I think the evidence against him was pretty solid. I am not sure of the status of his appeals. He was able to get his death sentence overturned, but that is perhaps of little significance. California isn't going to execute anyone anyway. Innocence Project isnt "taking over." They are just indicating that they have taken up the case and believe they have evidence. They will work with his attorney. I am guessing they may ask for a retrial? Procedurally, that may not even be possible at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth