GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be beyond shocked if there is any useful evidence to be found that will lead to a new trial.
Scott Peterson had a million dollar defense team with Mark Geragos. His defense didn't have any evidence to show at the trial. It was embarrassing. Especially after Geragos' blistering opening statement claiming all kinds of evidence he was going to bring to the jury. He brought nothing.

I was just a kid when Peterson was convicted. Did they allow videos in the courtroom? If so, does anyone have a link?

Is the motion filed by LA Innocence Project available? I see quotes but haven't been able to find the entire file.

Thank you :)

I was just a kid when Peterson was convicted. Did they allow videos in the courtroom? If so, does anyone have a link?

Is the motion filed by LA Innocence Project available? I see quotes but haven't been able to find the entire file.

Thank you :)
I haven't seen any anywhere.

This week, Peterson's team filed a discovery motion, referring to evidence related to his case, according to records at the San Mateo Superior Court. His attorneys also filed a motion for DNA testing, as well as a motion to seal some court records. They're the first new court filings in his murder case in a year.

What innocent person tells their mistress he is already widowed when he is not, runs away & is found with a stash of money in his car & his hair is dyed a different color?
I'm sorry, but if he is innocent, why in the world did he do all of those things? He is the most guilty looking innocent person I have ever seen.
That truly is one of the things that I can't get over IF there is any case for him being innocent. Even men that have affairs don't usually tell their mistress they are widowed. They might say they aren't married at all, they are divorced or going through a divorce and they really aren't or something like that, but nobody says their wife is dead. Then what are the chances that he says that to his mistress and then his wife is actually murdered by someone else?

Gosh...I am totally conflicted. I am having a difficult time believing it could have been anyone other than SP. Rhetorical Question: What evidence would they need to present to convince me otherwise??
I'm not conflicted at all. His guilt was proved Beyond A Reasonable Doubt. The burglary theories had nothing to do with her murder. In fact, I don't think anything was stolen from their house. Scott had the means, motive, and opportunity. He told Amber that it would be his first Christmas without Laci. That and fishing where her body was found seals it for me.

Nonsense. Maybe possibly there’d be some kind of twist to this case and some other potential person could have killed Lacey (but yeah right..) except for the small detail of AMBER FREY and his lies upon lies!!!
Not to mention his behavior...taking off south and dying his hair . Wasn't he caught not far from the border, San Diego area, a golf course? Can't remember the details.
Weren't there some incriminating issues with his boat too?
I'm really surprised by this development.

Not to mention his behavior...taking off south and dying his hair . Wasn't he caught not far from the border, San Diego area, a golf course? Can't remember the details.
Weren't there some incriminating issues with his boat too?
I'm really surprised by this development.
Yes he was. He had dyed his hair red/orange, and he was arrested on a golf course in the San Diego area, which is only 30 min. drive from the border, and he had a bunch of cash with him too.

My heart goes out to the Rocha Family. This piece of scum and the Innocence Project has to bring this back to life again? Heartbreaking. Wish he would have received the death penalty and be gone. Is this Innocence Project scraping the bottom of the barrel?

“No matter what happens, no matter what transpires in the future, there are two things that will never change,” Sharon Rocha said during a victim impact statement. “Laci and Connor will always be dead. And you will always be their murderer.”

“No matter what happens, no matter what transpires in the future, there are two things that will never change,” Sharon Rocha said during a victim impact statement. “Laci and Connor will always be dead. And you will always be their murderer.”
Close to it, but they still have Chris Watts to save too.

Agreed.
There were many little bits and pieces of evidence... but putting them all together -- it seemed to point at one person, her husband.
Omo.
Just his going “fishing” on Christmas Eve, (of all days of the year) leaving his heavily pregnant wife home alone and then finding Laci and Connor washed up on shore, did it for me.

IIRC, weren't the news and cameramen parked outside of S + L's house at that time? (Dec 24 25th)
I'm getting a little confused as to how the burglary took place or how Laci supposedly got kidnapped at that time. I know the neighbors were going out of town.....can someone refresh my memory, please.

TIA

IIRC, weren't the news and cameramen parked outside of S + L's house at that time? (Dec 24 25th)
I'm getting a little confused as to how the burglary took place or how Laci supposedly got kidnapped at that time. I know the neighbors were going out of town.....can someone refresh my memory, please.

TIA

Based on interviews with the suspects, police said the burglary on Covena Avenue in the La Loma neighborhood took place between 4 and 7 a.m. Dec. 26. Scott Peterson reported his pregnant wife missing about 6 p.m. Dec. 24. Police previously had said possible scenarios for Peterson's disappearance included her interrupting a burglary at her house or being abducted after witnessing the crime across the street. At that time, police knew only that the burglary had occurred around Christmas, while the homeowners were away. "We're confident in our minds that we have resolved one crime," Ridenour said Friday, "and now we can get back to focusing on Laci's disappearance."

Read more at: https://www.modbee.com/news/local/c...-and-arrest/article3097124.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donnachandler