CA CA - Madeline Babcock, 35, Venice, June 1968

Madeline Had very few friends Plastic Glide went out of bussiness years ago . There is proof in Madelines letters that her EX Larry Babcock said he would kill her many times . I am her sister and I do know she never worked again after she went missing . I believe with my heart of hearts Larry killed her as he threatened to . Larry lives in Goldendale Washington and is still there unless he moved to Oregon to remarry a new victum as my nephew told me on the phone.

Pat,

The one key thing that makes me think otherwise, is that all of her belongings were gone from her apartment. I am skeptical of the thought that he would have killed her and then taken the time to remove all of her furniture, etc. That just doesn't sound right to me. If he did indeed harm her, I think it would have happened later, and not at the time that she went missing. Especially, since there was no indication at the time that Larry even knew where she was.

I searched for Plastic Glide in the city directories going back to the 1960's in the Los Angeles area (the directories covered Santa Monica) and could not find it listed anywhere. Usually businesses that close down, unless they are really small, would be mentioned somewhere - in obituaries, blogs, old newspapers, etc.

I guess I was just hoping that someone may have seen her in between the time that her family spoke to her and the time she went missing... and although she may not have had many friends, we know she had one, the one who was going to drive her to her mother's place... Was just thinking that the most logical (if the family did not know this friend) would be a co-worker or neighbor...

How can I get Madelines name on the new Posts .? I am getting older and would love to find her and bury her in her family plot in Whitinsville Mass. I stay active looking for her . Madeline like all the missing had a right to live her life to the fullest . Familyy believes her Ex L Babcock killed her anbd hid her body . Larry impregnated his own daughter from a different marriage after my sister dissapeared. Please help me find her . Madelines sister Just Pat 22

I would like to know how to post her name on new post every now and then . Madeline sister Pat I keep looking and pray one day I will find her remains . I have letters in my possion that state her Husband now ex threatened to kill her she was scared for her life .Madeline had a right to life as well as all the missing . I am geting older now and would love to bury her in our family plot in Whitinsville Mass. Her ex remarried and impregnated his own daughter and the authorities do nothing .He just remarried again and moved to Oregon . Please help me post her story on new poss once in a while . I do not know how to do that.Madeline will be 60 years old August 18th I am 75 years young Pat Foy Madelines sister.

I would like to know how to post her name on new post every now and then . Madeline sister Pat I keep looking and pray one day I will find her remains . I have letters in my possion that state her Husband now ex threatened to kill her she was scared for her life .Madeline had a right to life as well as all the missing . I am geting older now and would love to bury her in our family plot in Whitinsville Mass. Her ex remarried and impregnated his own daughter and the authorities do nothing .He just remarried again and moved to Oregon Recently. Please help me post her story on new posts once in a while . I do not know how to do that.Madeline will be 80 years old August 18th I am 75 years young Pat Foy Madelines sister.
It's not to short

I would like to know how to post her name on new post every now and then . Madeline sister Pat I keep looking and pray one day I will find her remains . I have letters in my possion that state her Husband now ex threatened to kill her she was scared for her life .Madeline had a right to life as well as all the missing . I am geting older now and would love to bury her in our family plot in Whitinsville Mass. Her ex remarried and impregnated his own daughter and the authorities do nothing .He just remarried again and moved to Oregon . Please help me post her story on new poss once in a while . I do not know how to do that.Madeline will be 60 years old August 18th I am 75 years young Pat Foy Madelines sister.

http://missingpersonsnetwork.org/2012/06/the-1968-disappearance-of-madeline-‘lynn’-babcock/

The 1968 disappearance of Madeline ‘Lynn’ Babcock
By jcotterman on June 5th, 2012

In July, Madeline’s mother and sister travelled to Venice in search of her, and they were told by the owner of the tavern that Madeline had not reported to work the first week of July. Madeline’s property owner at her apartment on Flower Street permitted her mother and sister entry into her apartment, where they found all of her personal belongings were gone. It appeared she had moved out, though the property owner had not been aware of any activity at the residence. The identity of Madeline’s friend who she indicated was going to drive her to her mother’s home was never identified. Foy and her mother proceeded to attempt to make a missing person report with Venice Police Department, but they were told by police that Madeline probably left willingly; her family disagrees.

Madeline will be or would be 80 years old August 18th 2012 I just want to bring her or her remains to be buried with the family .

Madeline Anna Babcock (aka Lynn or Lyn):

Information:
Missing Since: June 1968 from Venice, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 18, 1932
Height and Weight: 4'11, 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Babcock has a high forehead with a slight bulge on the right side of her skull; she wears bangs to conceal the bulge. Her nickname is Lynn (also spelled "Lyn"). Babcock's maiden name is Pouliot. Her name from her first marriage is Larcome. Babcock has previously broken her nose. She has a scar on her abdomen from a hysterectomy that occured in 1963 or 1964.
Medical Conditions: Babcock is hydrocephalic and requires spinal punctures every seven years to regulate her condition. She had her most recent puncture in 1947 at the age of 14 and is very overdue for the procedure. She may suffer amnesia as the result of her condition.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t3006.htm

Attachments

• Madeline Babcock Pix2.png
    Madeline Babcock Pix2.png
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture of Madeline Babcock.png
    Picture of Madeline Babcock.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Madeline Babcock Pix Collage.png
    Madeline Babcock Pix Collage.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 62
Madeline will be or would be 80 years old August 18th 2012 I just want to bring her or her remains to be buried with the family .

Just Pat 22,

My heart goes out to you. From what I have read so far the ex needs to be checked into very thoroughly to see where he has been or where he has traveled around the time Madeline went missing. I did read that Madeline had 4 children - do you know if any contact has been kept up between the children and the disturbing ex?

eleph

I wonder if her belongings being moved out further points to the ex-husband? Was he the controlling type who felt he owned her? If some of the possessions were from their marriage, perhaps he felt entitled to them. Where were her kids living at the time? Do they remember anything strange?

are the 4 kids fathered by the EX that had threatened to kill her? i would think if she was planning to move in the same time frame that she was coming to visit that she would have mentioned it...jmo... did she have an "on and off" relationship with the EX? where she may have made up with him and he was going to drive her or help her move?

It was Plasti Images in Santa Monica they have been out of bussiness for years . The Mother company was in Chicargo IL .Madeline would have been 80 years old this August 18th 2012.

Just Pat 22,

My heart goes out to you. From what I have read so far the ex needs to be checked into very thoroughly to see where he has been or where he has traveled around the time Madeline went missing. I did read that Madeline had 4 children - do you know if any contact has been kept up between the children and the disturbing ex?

eleph
Yes My nephew stays in contact Larry was his step father.Larry has anothr son Donnie who is in prison for Last year through the help of Namus I was finally able to get a file number for my sisters case the SAn D Police came here and took DNA no matches yet . Thank you for putting her posting her picture it means so much .God Bless you .

are the 4 kids fathered by the EX that had threatened to kill her? i would think if she was planning to move in the same time frame that she was coming to visit that she would have mentioned it...jmo... did she have an "on and off" relationship with the EX? where she may have made up with him and he was going to drive her or help her move?

No on and off relation ship he threatened her life and drove he to the buss terminal in Portland and force her to leave her children and was having an affair with my now dead neice Cathy .He is someone that madeline was very scared of .

Attachments

• Madeline 1960.png
    Madeline 1960.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Madeline 1966 Torrance California.png
    Madeline 1966 Torrance California.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Madeline in last known picture.png
    Madeline in last known picture.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Madeline with daughter and Mother.png
    Madeline with daughter and Mother.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Madeline with family 1967.png
    Madeline with family 1967.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 88
What an amazing learning experience - here is a fairly good article on GPR (ground penetrating radar):

Ground penetrating radar, or GPR, has become a fairly common tool used in locating areas of disturbed ground like you might find with a clandestine (hidden) grave site. CSIs like it because it is what we call a non-destructive examination. That means that it will not harm or alter the evidence we are searching for (unless you’re searching for explosives which is another post altogether). GPR works by transmitting a radio signal into the ground. As that radio wave meets various structures it reflects the waves back towards the antennae. The interpretation of the signal is based on the assumption that items of different “density” will reflect the radio waves back to the antennae at different rates. Once this data is received the software will generate a graph of the signal that must be interpreted by the operator (hopefully a geophysicist).

http://forensics4fiction.com/2011/09/05/ground-penetrating-radar-and-clandestine-graves/

Thanks, elepher. It is important to note that all GPR isnt created equal, but there are many strengths that can penetrate several meters, and can penetrate materials such as concrete.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back