CA CA - Madeline Babcock, 35, Venice, June 1968

Bumping for Madeline...

Pat, I noticed in your post above you said that the ex made Madeline get on the bus in Portland and leave her children... Was he living in the NW at the time and she was up here visiting? (I say "up here" because I live in the Portland area). Did Madeline have plans to visit Portland/the NW around the time she went missing?

If her ex did hurt Lyn, I'm wondering if he did so in CA, or in OR/WA while she was up here? I wonder where else he has lived (is he still alive?) (Sadly, there has been more than one case where remains of a missing person have been discovered in a storage space, attic, buried on property, etc.)

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Madeline's disappearance.
1658854105948.png

It was during the summer of 1968 that a 35-year-old woman named Madeline Babcock disappeared from Venice, California. Madeline’s apartment appeared to have been cleared out. Her family reported her missing, but the police didn’t seem interested. Madeline had a right to move and not tell her family. She had the right to disappear if she wanted to. Around this same time, a little girl in Washington believed she witnessed her father and his friend murder a woman. These two stories would move parallel through time over a period of decades before eventually converging once that little girl grew up and started looking for answers to the memory that had plagued her for years.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Madeline Babcock, please contact the Los Angeles Police Department’s Adult Missing Persons Unit at (877) 275-5273 or the Vancouver Police Department at (360) 693-3111.

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Madeline's disappearance.
View attachment 356179

It was during the summer of 1968 that a 35-year-old woman named Madeline Babcock disappeared from Venice, California. Madeline’s apartment appeared to have been cleared out. Her family reported her missing, but the police didn’t seem interested. Madeline had a right to move and not tell her family. She had the right to disappear if she wanted to. Around this same time, a little girl in Washington believed she witnessed her father and his friend murder a woman. These two stories would move parallel through time over a period of decades before eventually converging once that little girl grew up and started looking for answers to the memory that had plagued her for years.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Madeline Babcock, please contact the Los Angeles Police Department’s Adult Missing Persons Unit at (877) 275-5273 or the Vancouver Police Department at (360) 693-3111.
This was a fascinating episode and there seems to be a lot to the theory of the woman in WA who remembers the murder and how this could be linked to Madeline. In the episode they discuss how Madeline had reasons to be in WA around this time.

This was a fascinating episode and there seems to be a lot to the theory of the woman in WA who remembers the murder and how this could be linked to Madeline. In the episode they discuss how Madeline had reasons to be in WA around this time.
I just listened to that podcast and came here to see if there was any new information.

• madeline_anna_babcock_1.jpg
  • madeline_anna_babcock_2.jpg
  • madeline_anna_babcock_3.jpg
  • madeline_anna_babcock_4.jpg
  • madeline_anna_babcock_5.jpg
Babcock, circa 1968; Babcock at age 15 (circa 1947)

I have the impression that she left of her own free will... at first but with the man or woman who left they eventually got bored with her and eliminated her... maybe someone from work or someone who was nice to her. ..but I think we will never know the truth...
either way
rest in peace

I just came across Madeline's story while listening to old episodes of the Vanished podcast. I'm heartbroken to find she's still missing even though it seems likely that it's known where her remains were hidden after she was murdered. And if she isn't the murdered woman buried on that property, someone needs to be disinterred and returned to her family for a proper burial.

You would think someone's eyewitness testimony that she saw the murder and knows where the body is buried would be enough for LE to get a warrant to excavate that site, road be damned, but apparently not. What can we do to convince them to take action?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2
Back