CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
DEC 21, 2020
Boys, 3 and 4, missing from California City | KGET 17

Police say two boys, ages 3 and 4, have gone missing.

An employee at the California City Police Department said she hadn’t been told by her lieutenant to release their names.

[...]

“2 MISSING MALE JUVENILES, LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. ” from California City Police Department : Nixle
TWO MISSING MALE JUVENILES LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. FIRST WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 3 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. SECOND WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 4 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR SEE SUBJECTS MATCHING DESCRIPTION CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, (760) 373-8606.

10700 block of Aspen Ave - Google Maps

California City, California - Wikipedia
CCPD Web Site (calcitypd.org)
Staffed by 13 sworn Officers and 6 non-sworn personnel, the California City Police Department is a full service agency dedicated to the citizens of California City. The Department strives to provide the highest quality officers and service to it’s citizens. Officers serve in assignments such as uniformed patrol, investigations, off-road search & rescue (D.I.R.T.), and the Special Enforcement Team (S.E.T.). The Police Department also oversees Animal Control Services for the City.

“UPDATE (NAMES, PHOTO): 2 MISSING MALE JUVENILES, LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. ” from California City Police Department : Nixle
TWO MISSING MALE JUVENILES LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN.

FIRST WILL BE ORSON WEST, A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 3 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS.

SECOND WILL BE ORRIN WEST, A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 4 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS.

ATTACHED IS A PHOTO OF 4 YEAR OLD, ORRIN WEST AND IS THE ONLY PHOTO THAT HAS BEEN MADE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR SEE SUBJECTS MATCHING DESCRIPTION CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, (760)373-8606.

user37514-1608621769-media1

Comments under article.
KGET - TV 17 Bakersfield

Two photos now. Comments under article.
23ABC Bakersfield

DEC 22, 2020
Search continues for missing California City boys | KGET 17

Missing-West-Boys-1.jpg

UPDATE (12/22 at 9:01 p.m.): The FBI is interviewing the adoptive parents of two California City boys, ages 3 and 4, who have been missing since Monday evening, according to investigators.

A search warrant has been served and evidence collected from the home of Trezol and Jacqueline West, the couple who adopted Orrin and Orson West in April 2019, said California City police Lt. Jesse Hightower. The couple is cooperating and at this point no one has been ruled out regarding the boys’ disappearance, he said, adding that some items need to be forensically examined.

[...]

Police served the warrant just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Officers left the house carrying several brown bags and a large duffel bag. The parents’ white van was towed.

[...]

California City police said at 8 p.m. Monday that the boys had been reported missing and were last seen in the 10700 block of Aspen Ave. Both were described as 3 feet tall, between 30 to 40 pounds, black hair, brown eyes and were wearing black sweatshirts and gray sweatpants. They were last seen Monday.

[...]

NCMEC:

Orrin West
NCMC1409303c1.jpg
Missing Since: Dec 21, 2020
Missing From: California City, CA
DOB: Aug 4, 2016
Age Now: 4
Sex: Male
Race: Black
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 35 lbs

Orson West
NCMC1409303c2.jpg
Missing Since: Dec 21, 2020
Missing From: California City, CA
DOB: Jun 11, 2017
Age Now: 3
Sex: Male
Race: Black
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 35 lbs

Orrin and Orson were last seen on December 21, 2020. They were both last seen wearing black sweeatshirts and gray sweatpants.

DEC 22, 2020
Search continues for missing boys Orrin and Orson West, reported missing Monday (turnto23.com)
[...]

As of Tuesday night, the believed foster parents are at police headquarters being interviewed by multiple law enforcement agencies, including the FBI. Investigators are also running forensic exams on certain items that belong to the toddlers.

[...]

Three and four-year-old, Orrin and Orson West, were reported missing Monday night around 5 p.m.

[...]

23ABC did speak to the believed to foster father of the two missing boys, but he declined an interview and wished to keep his name private. He said that police were asking that they stay inside and wait.

[...]

DEC 22, 2020
FBI interviewing adoptive parents of missing California City boys | KGET 17
[...]

A search warrant has been served and evidence collected from the home of Trezol and Jacqueline West, the couple who adopted Orrin and Orson West in April 2019, said California City police Lt. Jesse Hightower. The couple is cooperating and at this point no one has been ruled out regarding the boys’ disappearance, he said, adding that some items need to be forensically examined.

[...]

Police served the warrant just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Officers left the house carrying several brown bags and a large duffel bag. The parents’ white van was towed.

[...]

DEC 22, 2020

“Police say they searched this house last night with K9s looking for the scent of the two boys inside. They smelled the scent inside the house, but they didn’t smell it leaving the house. So police are concerned that the children never even left the house”

Last edited:
DEC 23, 2020

Bayan Wang@bayanwang - Video
Bakersfield resident Ryan Dean, the biological mother of the missing 3 and 4-year-old California City boys, is claiming foul play against her childrens' foster parents, Wednesday, two days after the children went missing.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1341848628319510529

Bayan Wang@bayanwang - Video
BREAKING: The adoptive parents of #missing 3 and 4 year-old California City boys speak for the first time Wednesday, after the boys went missing Monday night. Trezell and Jacqueline West detail the moments before and after the boys went missing. https://twitter.com/i/status/1341870899071340546

Last edited:
DEC 23, 2020
California City boys went missing after briefly left outside playing, adoptive parents say | KGET 17.
Busy wrapping presents, the adoptive mother of Orson and Orrin West told the boys to go outside with their father Monday evening and play. The father opened a gate to gather wood for burning then briefly went back inside.

When he came out, the boys were gone. He drove around the neighborhood and talked to neighbors, but couldn’t find the children.

That’s what the adoptive parents of the boys say happened the night their lives became upended, with the boys still missing two days later, their four other children removed from the home and both local and federal authorities questioning them and searching their home, vehicle and phones.

[...]

Trezol and Jaqueline West said Wednesday they fostered Orson and Orrin in 2018 and adopted them the following year. They have two other adopted children, and two biological children.

The Wests said they have not been in contact with the boys’ biological parents.

DEC 23, 2020
Adoptive parents of missing 3 and 4 year-old California City kids speak out for the first time (turnto23.com)
[...]

"I came in the house, I saw them there. I go in the house, I came back out, I didn't see them there," Trezell West said.

[...]

Moments before the children went missing, Trezell tells 23ABC News that he was gathering wood to start a fire because it was getting cold.

"I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house. My wife's inside, she was actually wrapping gifts so we thought it was a good idea that our youngest two go outside and play with chalk on the back patio," added West.

[...]

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," West said.

Within minutes, West said he called the police.

[...]

Meantime multiple search efforts took place, which included the help of the boy's biological mother Ryan Dean Wednesday. Dean made the trip to the boys' home from Bakersfield and spoke to the adoptive parents briefly.

[...]

"They did something, I feel like they did something and they know something. They did something. I feel like my kids are somewhere around here. I can feel it. And I feel like they are in the house and I feel like they did something," said Dean.

[...]

West told 23ABC that they have been busy with the police investigation. On Monday, "First thing they did was tell us to stay in the house so they could get a hold of us, and they just had us sitting there and we wanted to keep searching ... but everybody came out in droves [to search] ... but we couldn't go outside."

According to West, police also told them "the best are out here searching."

"We're going through it," Jacqueline West said. "It's difficult. Everyone is making their own conclusions. They don't know anything ... we said what we knew," West said.

[...]

DEC 23, 2020
“California City Community” from California City Police Department : Nixle
As you all are aware, California City Police Department along with assisting agencies are engaged in an active investigation regarding the two missing brothers Orson and Orrin West. The two have been missing since Monday night December 22 around 5:45 PM. Both approximately 3 feet tall and approximately 30-40 lbs. They were last seen wearing black sweatshirts and gray sweatpants. Both are believed to have left on foot from 10717 Aspen Ave.

We have been working tirelessly, using every possible resource we can to try to locate the children. We ask for you patience and your prayers that we will safely bring this to a conclusion.

If you or anyone have any information that can assist us in locating Orson and Orrin please call our dispatch at (760)373-8606.

Fiona Daghir on Twitter
On an active crime scene this morning in #CaliforniaCity. Police are searching for 3 y/o Orson West & 4 y/o Orrin West. Last seen in their backyard Monday. Parents believe foul play was involved. To my Central/Socal followers, please share this information. #MissingChildren
Ep3NzUOWMAAexch

4:15 AM · Dec 24, 2020

Fiona Daghir@fionadaghir_
On an active crime scene this morning in #CaliforniaCity. Police are searching for 3 y/o Orson West & 4 y/o Orrin West. Last seen in their backyard Monday. Parents believe foul play was involved.

Last edited:
DEC 24, 2020
TIMELINE: California City boys Orson and Orrin West still missing | KGET 17
[...]
  • Monday, early evening — Orson and Orrin play outside as their adoptive father gathers firewood, according to their adoptive parents. The father, Trevol West, later tells the media he briefly went back inside the house, and when he came out the boys were gone. He says he drove through nearby streets and spoke with neighbors but couldn’t find them.
  • Monday, around 6 p.m. — The boys’ adoptive parents report them missing.
  • Monday, around 8 p.m. — California City police send out a news release that provides a description of the boys but not their names or photographs. That information is released hours later.
  • Monday night — Volunteers and police search areas near where the boys went missing. Police bring K9s to the home. The dogs find the boys’ scent inside the house, but not outdoors.
  • Tuesday, around 9 a.m. — With daylight, volunteers continue the search and spread through the surrounding area. They find nothing.
  • Tuesday afternoon — Police take the adoptive parents in for further questioning.
  • Tuesday night — Armed with a search warrant, investigators go through the home and leave with evidence collected in several brown bags and a duffel bag. The adoptive parents’ van is towed to be searched. Police tell 17 News the FBI is involved and agents questioned the adoptive parents. Police say the parents are cooperating.
  • Wednesday afternoon — The adoptive parents speak with media. Trevol and Jaqueline West say they were told by police Monday to stay in their home during the search. Trevol West explains how the boys went missing, and the couple say they fostered the boys in 2018 then adopted them in 2019. They say they have two other adopted children and two biological children, all of whom have been removed from the home since the investigation began. The couple say their cellphones and other technological devices were seized by police.
  • Wednesday afternoon — Police search the home again.
  • Wednesday night — Investigators work under bright lights set up in the family’s backyard. It’s unclear what, if any, evidence was found.

DEC 24, 2020
Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

Wednesday evening around 9P.M. concerned neighbors and community members say they saw the FBI and police working in the backyard.

"Checked in yesterday and that's when we pulled up and saw the investigation going on and them digging in the backyard and...what we think was digging," Wayne Leonard, a neighbor, said. "They had jack hammers, and roto hammers going, lots of lights out."

Laura Romero says a local flew a drone while the digging was happening.

"I did look at the videos myself and what it looked like to me is they were sifting through fine dirt to find things and they would find things and they would put them in baggies," Romero, said.

She says they came out with bags and took them to the forensics team.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back