Resolved CA - Sacramento, White/HispMale 20-35, UP2387, bound & shot w/plastic bag over head, Sep'89

Goecke

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
717UMCA
Date of Discovery: September 1, 1989
Location of Discovery: Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Male
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 165 to 178 lbs.
Hair: Dark brown, curly and 3.5" long. Sideburns, thin mustache and beard.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 15 1/2 inch long, 1/2 inch wide linear scar on lateral left leg from knee to ankle, probably resulted in a limp.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Teeth #7 & 10 have three quarter gold crowns described as new and very good work. Teeth #1, 16, & 17 are missing. Teeth number 2-5, 12-15, 18-21, 28-32 all have unnecessary amalgam fillings.
Fingerprints Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Red, long-sleeved Savante shirt, white ribbed t-shirt, Jordache blue jeans, cream colored hand sewn Billy Boots cowboy boots made in Leon, Mexico.
Jewelry: Yellow metal wedding band on left ring finger.
Additional Personal Items: In his left front jeans pocket was a comb. Investigators found a Cal Worthington Chevrolet business card on his person.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located at Sheldon Road, 7/10 of a mile West of Bradshaw Road in Sacramento County, CA.

The man had been shot, his body wrapped in a tan comforter printed with jungle cats, with a plastic bag over his head, and rope tied around his neck and upper legs.

____

Again, sorry if he already has a thread! Merge/delete if needed.

Another man (CA - CA- Lancaster, White/HispMale 25-45, UP4139, bound & shot with plastic bag over head, Nov'86) was found in the same state in 1986 under identical circumstances- Bound, wrapped in a quilt/comforter, and shot with a plastic bag over their head. I'm convinced these two murders are related, either gang/cartel related or a serial killer.

Billy Boots makes beautiful boots!! I wonder how good their records are?

He was wearing a wedding ring. Someone is missing him.

I also found a facebook page for a Billy Boots store in Leon, Mexico, where the UID's boots were made. Billy Boots
Are they widely available in the US as well, or is it likely he purchased them in Mexico?

I also found a facebook page for a Billy Boots store in Leon, Mexico, where the UID's boots were made. Billy Boots
Are they widely available in the US as well, or is it likely he purchased them in Mexico?
Looks like they are made and sold in Mexico per their webpage. They do have a link for potential distributors but no where do they mention selling or exporting their boots abroad. I asked them about this through their contact us link on their webpage. Will update when they respond.

Looks like they are made and sold in Mexico per their webpage. They do have a link for potential distributors but no where do they mention selling or exporting their boots abroad. I asked them about this through their contact us link on their webpage. Will update when they respond.
Thank you so much!

That is a very large scar on the leg! Also, the unnecessary fillings are intriguing. Shady dentist in Mexico? Or shady dentist in the US. This guy was obviously not impoverished, with the nice boots and extensive dental work.

That is a very large scar on the leg! Also, the unnecessary fillings are intriguing. Shady dentist in Mexico? Or shady dentist in the US. This guy was obviously not impoverished, with the nice boots and extensive dental work.
I wonder what the scar could be from? My first thought was surgery, but obviously nothing that required plates, screws, wires etc, since if he had any of those I feel like that would've been noted. Maybe some sort of accident?

I've seen other UIDs that are speculated to have been foreign due to their dental work, so I wonder if they could at least figure out if it was done within the US.

I wonder what the scar could be from? My first thought was surgery, but obviously nothing that required plates, screws, wires etc, since if he had any of those I feel like that would've been noted. Maybe some sort of accident?

I've seen other UIDs that are speculated to have been foreign due to their dental work, so I wonder if they could at least figure out if it was done within the US.
They can usually tell where dental work is done, mostly based on the chemical composition of the filling material, so I'm sure they have an idea of whether it was done in the US or Mexico.

Four ruleouts so far: William Prescott, Steven Paul Gallen, and Martin Gentry all from CA, and Craig Alexander from VT.

Case Number​

89-02668

Race​

White

Gender​

Male

Age​

Adult

Estimated Age​

25 - 35 years of age

Height​

6'

Weight​

178 lbs

Eyes​

Brown

Hair​

Dark-brown curly (3 ¼”) with the sideburns terminating into a thin beard.

Date Found​

1989-09-01T07:00:00Z

Date of Death​

Unknown

Case Information​

This man was shot and then wrapped in a tan comforter decorated with drawings of jungle cats. Surrounding the comforter were print sofa pillows, and a blue sleeping bag with red lining. Fingerprints and dental x-rays on file.

Scars-Marks-Tattoos​

A large-healed scar approximately 14" in length on this left lower leg.

Clothing​

A red long-sleeved shirt (with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows), a white undershirt, blue jeans, off-white cowboy-style boots, gray socks with maroon trim and white Jockey shorts.

Jewelry​

A gold wedding ring

Other distinguishing characteristics​

He carried a rake-style comb in his left-front jeans pocket. He had gold caps on his lateral upper incisors.

Sketch​

YES

Indentified​

NO

Identification​

Attachments

Do you know how long it takes for them to release a name once the webpage says identified?
Sometimes a few days, sometimes never. I've noticed a lot of UID cases get "quietly" solved like this, NamUs being removed/Doe Network saying they're identified without any news sources/press confrences/etc. Usually it's a matter of the family not wanting the UID's identity made public.
Given that this was a homicide, the identification does make me wonder if they've also identified his killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63
Back