CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you guys take the talk of the chips elsewhere? Thanks - this little girl deserves her own thread and one without debates regarding chips.

You are absolutely right and I apologize. My emotions are getting away with me and distracting others from Sandra.

Would we be able to make a thread to write our messages / condolences on that could be sent to the family? Mods?

anyone have a link to live coverage? thanks

two_watches-_small.jpg

Here's one. Child locators.

Could you guys take the talk of the chips elsewhere? Thanks - this little girl deserves her own thread and one without debates regarding chips.

I actually think we are not bickering at all. Just exchanging thoughts. We're all so upset and looking for solutions, answers, something. If one good idea could come out of Sandra's death it would be a tiny, small silver lining. It wouldn't make it better but it might help our hearts a tiny little bit.

anyone have a link to live coverage? thanks
It's now 10:30 PM here in CA, and I doubt there is still any live coverage tonight. Autopsy will be performed tomorrow.

This is so awful, not again! Sometimes people live in a comfortable area.... nothing is comfortable these days.

I have a half sense of security living between a local cop and an IL state trooper.. but when something happend with my sons dad they were not around and I knew I could not count on that,nor could I count on neighbors, or the interesting things I should never speak out loud that my great auntie born 1917 who'se grandaddy was cheif of police about 1890-1910?

It's a sad world our kids live in these days.... who are the bad guys vs. good guys. Sometimes my 6 yr old tells me, mom don't tell me that I am only 6! this am he caught the news about the earthquake in Italy on the am radio on the way to school. )and I tease him that NG is gonna say hi to him personally)

Good Speed Sandra. RIP sweet baby girl.

I actually think we are not bickering at all. Just exchanging thoughts. We're all so upset and looking for solutions, answers, something. If one good idea could come out of Sandra's death it would be a tiny, small silver lining. It wouldn't make it better but it might help our hearts a tiny little bit.

I agree but I don't think it belongs here - it is OT. Sitting here crying after reading the news and then seeing a post saying "cute one" with the picture of a ladybug just doesn't sit right with me.

By Unknown

I WROTE YOUR NAME ON A PEACE OF PAPER BUT I ACCIDENTLY THREW IT AWAY. I WROTE YOUR NAME ON MY HAND, BUT IT WASHED AWAY. I WROTE YOUR NAME IN THE SAND, BUT THE WAVES WHISPIRED IT AWAY. I WROTE YOUR NAME IN MY HEART, AND FOREVER IT WILL STAY.

someone was saying that police is there at the park....and arrests...any link? thanks

TakeNote,

Found it but I'm not sure what you are looking for. I don't know how to quote 2 links in a reply so hope this will help you find whatever you are looking for:

My post was post #577:
"I wonder if they are there for an arrest? I hope they don't leave without the creep(s) who did this."

(I don't know what link I could provide since these are just my feelings. lol)

Maybe you wanted the post I was responding to which is #568 by Nursebeeme:
"per KRON live: people gathered outside at the MHP... screaming... people on phones... candles lit. Several ambulances taking people out after news broke. Barricade set up...no one in unless resident with ID. Police who entered complex have not left complex. Not sure what is going on with that"

(She stated it was KRON live and as far as I know there isn't a link to what was reported live. Maybe you can ask Nursebeeme if that's what you want; I only have the main link where we watch KRON live: http://www.kcra.com/video/9292412/index.html)

Does this give you what you were looking for?

can you give a link? thanks

You are so right. I removed mine. Thank you for this reminder.

that was nice white hawk....thank you :)

This is so awful, not again! Sometimes people live in a comfortable area.... nothing is comfortable these days.

I have a half sense of security living between a local cop and an IL state trooper.. but when something happend with my sons dad they were not around and I knew I could not count on that,nor could I count on neighbors, or the interesting things I should never speak out loud that my great auntie born 1917 who'se grandaddy was cheif of police about 1890-1910?

It's a sad world our kids live in these days.... who are the bad guys vs. good guys. Sometimes my 6 yr old tells me, mom don't tell me that I am only 6! this am he caught the news about the earthquake in Italy on the am radio on the way to school. )and I tease him that NG is gonna say hi to him personally)

Good Speed Sandra. RIP sweet baby girl.
Ironically, I asked my DD (who just turned 8) this evening if she knew what a stranger was and told her about Sandra being missing. I had checked the thread earlier this afternoon, but had to leave before 2:00. A lot happens in just a few short hours. At least this family didn't have to wait months for her body to be found. My condolences to the Chavez and Cantu families.

Everybody's nerves are a little frayed right now--no, fried, mine are fried. Let's all stick together. Grief should unite, not scatter.

I agree but I don't think it belongs here - it is OT. Sitting here crying after reading the news and then seeing a post saying "cute one" with the picture of a ladybug just doesn't sit right with me.

I know. We are all upset, I think, but we're all good people and I think we have come together nicely to help each other through after not being able to help find her. Sandra may need her own section and then we can have different threads. I think things about preventing more horrors like this can never be off topic but I do respect what you are saying here. It's been a real bad, friggin day!

It's now 10:30 PM here in CA, and I doubt there is still any live coverage tonight. Autopsy will be performed tomorrow.

Thank you LinasK. I hope and pray that during the autopsy tomorrow that Sandra speaks loud and clearly who did this to her, so that they can be brought to justice.

Well, I'm going to look at the press conference. I had to read through all the threads to catch up so I did not see it live. If I don't come back tonight, good night all and God Bless!

Are you OK - shall I remove the post and the pic?

I was just responding to someone who wondered about protection for children in the form of tracking devices - I was pointing out that they do exist.

Maybe a pic of a plainer model?

ETA - no response yet - so I will go back and edit a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flying_fox1