CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post so please bear with me. If I could post another photo I would - but not sure how.

I don't believe that #34 is correct on this map. If you follow logically on the outside row of the park - #7 and #20 seem correct. Continue with this in the same manner back to the entrance. The last house number would be #47 (at the other side of the entrance to #1).

#48 would start in the middle on Peach to #57 (Lawless) at the end of the row. #58 starts at the end of Cantu's street up to #67. Across from Cantu's begins #68 down to #72. #73 begins at the end of Apricot up to #77. #78 begins at the top of Apricot down to #87. #88 starts at the end of Apple up to #97 (corner of Apple and Orchard).

And it is my understanding that Lawless is #57, Sinclair is #43, Slayter is #61, Wohler is #81. Thus #57 & #61 are in the direction Sandra turned to in the video tape.

I have to agree that 34 has never seemed right, but it matches a house for sale in a real estate ad. (Not that that couldn't be wrong.) With 34 where it is on my map, the numbering system doesn't make sense. I'll take it out and try labeling with the more logical system.

Not rude or witchy at all 2step. My point was - there was no OFFICIAL report of stolen luggage. I think this is very important. If someone is now saying the luggage was stolen it MAY be because they are trying to cover their azz. That is where I was going with that. Especially if they are saying it was stolen on the day Sandra was abducted. It would be nice to know where this "stolen" comment originally came from.

I understand what you are saying and I send my sympathy, not only to Sandra's family, but to the whole community of Tracy.

Salem

Thank you. I guess I'm just pretty emotionally caught up in this, and I get tired of the Sgt. having to say there's nothing. I know they can't tip their hand. But he's having to say things like "there's no evidence of a body" when clearly on video they're putting a BODY BAG into a van. Soooo, I just can't bring myself to believe anything that he does say at this point, KWIM?

do we know what the address is of the farm that she was found at?

Only one station is reporting unit 88 was searched. IMO they got the unit number wrong or else all the stations would be reporting it, as it's a new number associated with this case.

This article also states that this house was also one of the first one's searched before she was found. I think they MEANT "unit 81" which would be Wohler, IIRC.

I did a google search on "unit 88" and Sandra's name and only this link came up attached to any news source.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19124077/detail.html

OK...on to instrument (sigh): This would indicate it was not a manual strangulation. She must have signs of ligature marks, stab wounds, gunshot wounds, blunt force trauma with tool marks, or something else.

Detectives trying to unravel a murder mystery that left a little girl dead in a suitcase at the bottom of a pond said they haven't yet found the weapon used to kill the 8-year-old and can't say for sure where the luggage came from.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Wednesday that investigators haven't recovered the instrument used to murder Sandra Cantu, but said her death is being classified as a homicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513244,00.html (Bolded by me) This is disturbing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12098909

Tracy police serve 15 warrants in Cantu case; murder scene still unknown

Police said a coroner's report on the cause of death for the 8-year-old Tracy girl has not been completed, but a source with knowledge of the investigation said the girl's body had no visible signs of trauma on initial examination.

Only one station is reporting unit 88 was searched. IMO they got the unit number wrong or else all the stations would be reporting it, as it's a new number associated with this case.

This article also states that this house was also one of the first one's searched before she was found. I think they MEANT "unit 81" which would be Wohler, IIRC.

I did a google search on "unit 88" and Sandra's name and only this link came up attached to any news source.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19124077/detail.html

Possibly...
But this is probably not a mistake.
Moo:cow:

So maybe there is gentleman in the home?
Snipped:

Document Detail
Instrument Number: 77239447
Sequence #: 0
Date Received: 12/05/1977 12:00:00 AM
Document Type: DEED OF TRUST & ASSIGN OF RENT
Book: 5165
Page: 205
Names
PLUMMER, S G JR & COLETTE M
Associated Names
PLUMMER, C M

http://rechart1.co.alameda.ca.us/do...47</a><!--7--><!--K--><!--q--><!--n--><!--<td

SG JR (junior?) could it be a son who moved out? If so here:http://www.whitepages.com/search/Fi...=&city_zip=Tracy&state_id=CA&localtime=survey

they took all the video from people who had cameras in the park including video from the hotel across the street. LE described it as hundreds of hours of footage. The fbi is studying it...and was not thru it all as of saturday at the am presser according to LE

ETA: there is more than one home with cameras in the park
This is excellent news!! Hopefully, more than one of those caught the perp on camera.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12098909

Tracy police serve 15 warrants in Cantu case; murder scene still unknown

Police said a coroner's report on the cause of death for the 8-year-old Tracy girl has not been completed, but a source with knowledge of the investigation said the girl's body had no visible signs of trauma on initial examination.

Detectives trying to unravel a murder mystery that left a little girl dead in a suitcase at the bottom of a pond said they haven't yet found the weapon used to kill the 8-year-old and can't say for sure where the luggage came from.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Wednesday that investigators haven't recovered the instrument used to murder Sandra Cantu, but said her death is being classified as a homicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513244,00.html (Bolded by me)

Ugh! This is just the opposite of what I just posted about the article which referred to not finding the "instrument" used in the press conference.

Who do you believe?

It seems like that is the direction she turned to in the video. She crossed from that side of the street (even side) heading home to the opposite site and was seen turning and heading to the right toward the even side again, sort of in a "v" shaped line of travel with her house being at the bottom of the "v". And that would also explain why there is maybe no vehicles in the video. The direction she was distracted to was heading toward the exit of the mhp.

OK...on to instrument (sigh): This would indicate it was not a manual strangulation. She must have signs of ligature marks, stab wounds, gunshot wounds, blunt force trauma with tool marks, or something else.

Since LE is dealing with a killer at large, so to speak...
It seems like we have to take pressers with a grain of salt.

FBI and LE must be trying to draw this perp out or get him to do something to further incriminate himself. Often they might float something out in the media that may or may not be true...like a weapon.

I guess we will have to wait for the autopsy results.:confused:

hands can also be the instrument. I just think LE is being evasive at this point.

Since I apparently missed that piece of the presser regarding a murder weapon...was it a reporter that asked if there was a murder weapon and the Sgt. said, "we haven't found a murder weapon" or was it part of his statement??

I found these addresses by both white pages and find your neighbor (two sources to confirm) I could always be wrong though.

D. L. Slayter

812 W Clover Rd, Spc 61

Barringer, D L
812 W Clover Rd, Spc 43

(female)

Unit 88 might have been misinformation from media?

Softball coach and in-home daycare! Of course. Can you imagine how the parents of the softball players and daycare kids feel? I'm getting so suspicious of any male who wants to work with kids and that's a shame. I hope the wife of this piece of human refuse never left the kids alone with him. Ugh.

I have two young girls that play softball. My husband coaches them. There are so many children that do not have Fathers in their lives. Some of those girls will hug him and he said he hates not to hug them back but he's scared people will take it the wrong way. He usually just pats them on top of the head.

I didn't allow mine to roam the neighborhood alone and that was 20 years ago. It is never a good idea, imo. It didn't cost my kids their freedom to not be alone, but I swore their photos would never end up on a milk carton. We practiced safer alternatives than running around by themselves. I didn't find it was in any way detrimental to their mental health or stability in the long run. It was common sense and the way I protected them from many things...not only predators.

You are right. There's way too much out there that can happen to a kid nowadays. But, I have so many fond memories of exploring or riding my bike all throuhg the neighborhood, visiting neighbors, either alone or with another friend. It really allowed me to develop my imagination and feel free. I used to go the public school after hours and make mud villages, alone, for hours and sometimes talk to the janitor there. My little friends and I explored drainage ditches, railroad tracks, abandoned houses, contruction sites, empty fields and sewage systems for hours. We had a blast. I rode my bike up the driveway of each house in our subdivision pretneding it was a car and I was shopping, getting gas, etc. I also played post-apocalyptic escape from the re-education camp, alone, using the local school and running and hiding through the neighborhood. Also lots of fun. I was weird kid!
That was 30 years ago but I really think things were not much different then except there was not as much emphasis on the adbuction cases in the news. I was damn lucky and I cringe thinking what could have happened to me, including accidents, etc.
In fact, at age four, I just escaped being kidnapped by a child molester who stalked me as I came back from a friends house. My mom had watched me walk to the house down the street but the garage blocks the front door so she could not see if I got in or not. I didn't. No one was home. But I sat on the porch waiting for a while. My mom thought I was inside playing. After some time, I decided to give up and go home. That's when the pervert stalked me and tried to lure me into his car. My mother's instinct saved me. She was doing laundry and suddenly went cold with dread, gasping my name. She ran out and saw me standing confused in front of an old guy in a station wagon. My mom grabbed me and then chased that *advertiser censored* for miles. Turned out he was a convicted molester (two times). I think he would have killed me.
But, most of my friends and I were very savvy about the danger of abduction. My parents really drilled me after the abduction attempt. I was paranoid about it and when I played outside (it was awhile before my mom let me out of her site, though), I was alert and ran if I saw someone I didn't know.
Unfortunately, many of these kids are taken and killed by people they know. It's hard to protect against that unless your kids are always supervised. Also, a six, seven or 8 year old can try to run, but a bad guy can easily overtake them. It's simply not a risk I'd take with a child of mine with what I know today.
I still think it's a shame though. My uncle at age 12 in the fifties in Western Australia camped with a friend for days, by themselves, in the outback. It was common then. Can you imagine the fun, the adventures they had? I'm sad for kids that such freedom is no longer possible.

hands can also be the instrument. I just think LE is being evasive at this point.

She could have been found already drowned---body of water close to the mhp and not an in-the-open swimming pool? How about a full-immersion baptismal font, a big one, such as might be found in a nearby church? Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot