Found Deceased CA - Sheila Franks, 37, Fortuna, 2 Feb 2014

Thank you so much for your help :)) i added two posters one of Sheila and one of Sheila and Danielle Bertolini. I hope I did it correctly :-/

I have added a missing Poster of Sheila Sherrell franks.
i also added a poster of Sheila and Danielle Bertolini. They went missing within less then a week of each other.

Attachments

• Poster for Sheila 5:4:2014.jpg
    Poster for Sheila 5:4:2014.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Flyer Diane had made .pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 19
Thank you so much for your help :)) i added two posters one of Sheila and one of Sheila and Danielle Bertolini. I hope I did it correctly :-/

You did great, sheilasister! Welcome! And hugs. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I used to live in Humboldt, so I try to follow these cases closely. You and Danielle's family have done an amazing job keeping them in the public eye.

I listened to your interview and did a little research on the man you mentioned who was the last to see Sheila and Danielle. Until he is named a person of interest (POI) by law enforcement (LE) we can't discuss him here. But we can bounce ideas around and give you support.

Please do get verified as an insider by a mod. That way you can give us info that we haven't seen in the mainstream media (MSM). You might want to encourage someone in Danielle's family to join Websleuths and post on her thread. There are experts here on WS that may give you both ideas you haven't thought of before.

Again, I'm so glad you're here! :seeya:

I am a little confused on where to post information about my missing sister Sherrell Sherrell Franks. Sheila has been missing seems February 2 2014. She went missing from Fortuna California. I have all kinds of post on Facebook and I am trying to get the word out and keep her face in the media in hopes that someone can help with her whereabouts. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate your help.

Here are some checklists that you might find helpful. I'm sure you've done most of these, but you never know.

Missing Checklist - If you have a loved one missing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also, make sure that Sheila is listed on NamUs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en

I also recommend reading this article called "Everything you need to know when your loved one goes missing."

http://justiceinmiami.blogspot.com/2008/07/everything-you-need-to-know-when-your.html

I'm beginning to get a little confused by the County's investigation techniques. Unless I'm completely misreading the article I just came across, the media station's tipped off police that a wanted homicide suspect's talking to them, and police have brushed them off?

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2014/may/4/homicide-suspect-ben-carter-gives-his-side/

The two missing women here make me a little uneasy - it's reminding me of the two missing women in Orange County....which then turned into four, and has now, finally, resulted in the arrest of two suspected serial killers. :(

By the way, not suggesting there was any unnecessary delay in OC - the first firm evidence they got, they were on the case!

BBM

It does appear that the police think it's unlikely that the suspect in the burned trailer murder is in touch with LoCO. I couldn't tell from the article if the editor got back in touch with LE after receiving the tattoo photo, but I imagine LE reads LoCO. If not, they should, especially the comments. :)

Yes, two similar-looking women missing, who were both last seen with the same man, is definitely concerning. But as we have seen in Stephanie Warner's case, it makes you wonder how much evidence they need in order to keep pursuing a case when a body has never been found. It seems that they have more than enough to do some serious questioning in connection with Sheila and Danielle. Not that he has to answer any questions. :banghead:

Lilibet
Thank you so much for the information :)) I sent the information to be verified I am just waiting to see what I need to do next. I am in contact with Danielle's family everyday so I will encourage them to head over.
I am not really sure how this all work with Webseluths I have been doing a lot of reading and I think I am having a hard time taking in the information with my mind on a roller coaster.
Thank you everyone for being so helpful and welcoming :))
I hope I am posting in the correct place .

Just wanted to extend the olive branch to Sheila's sister. Unsure if your sister is a sex worker but if she was and you need any help, I work for swop (sex worker outreach) and have many resources. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My outreach extends to street lifestyles *drugs, homelessness*. I can help find phone #'s for shelters and such. My heart goes out to you right now.

Lilibet
Thank you so much for the information :)) I sent the information to be verified I am just waiting to see what I need to do next. I am in contact with Danielle's family everyday so I will encourage them to head over.
I am not really sure how this all work with Webseluths I have been doing a lot of reading and I think I am having a hard time taking in the information with my mind on a roller coaster.

You are definitely posting in the correct place. :) I'm sure it is hard to take in all the info here. What we do is offer moral support and try to brainstorm ideas. <Mod Snip>
When my mind is swirling in a stressful situation, I try to focus by making checklists and focusing on facts and concrete things I can do. It helps me feel more in control and keeps me from letting my emotions take over and taking me off in unproductive directions. The priority is to find Sheila and Danielle. Maybe if you can tell us what you have done so far, we can see if there are other things you can do.

Lilibet

Hi sheilasister!

Welcome to Websleuths, I am sorry its under these circumstances. Your posting in the right place, its good to have you with us.

:welcome4:

PLEASE HELP I need help Finding a Mugshot of someone and I am not having any luck. Any advice?
Please and Thank You

I grow up in California and lived there until 2000. I go back to visit but it is not the same place I grow. It is a very scary place now ran by a lot of scary groups of people.
So far I have made Facebook page and groups for Sheila, I set up a twitter account for her made a Youtub video last night. I have added Sheila to NamUs and a lot of other missing organizations. I have friends in California that I still stay in contact with that are putting up poster and fliers and reposting every time they are taken down. I did an interview with KMUD and I have sent e-mails and messages to every news station and show that I can think of asking to have a story done to get Sheila and Danielle story out nationally and the only response i have received is if a reporter find your story of interest they will contact me and no luck yet. I have also contacted the local new and papers waiting for someone to contact me. I have not been verified yet so I am not sure what I can and can not share.
But at this time If anyone can help point me in the direction of the best search site for current mugshot I would be so very grateful.
I want to thank each and everyone of you for all you warm welcomes.

Please post links to any of the pages you've created for her. I don't know if I can help you find mugshots,Jim not very familiar with those, but I'm nearly positive someone in here can! You're doing a great job!
I grow up in California and lived there until 2000. I go back to visit but it is not the same place I grow. It is a very scary place now ran by a lot of scary groups of people.
So far I have made Facebook page and groups for Sheila, I set up a twitter account for her made a Youtub video last night. I have added Sheila to NamUs and a lot of other missing organizations. I have friends in California that I still stay in contact with that are putting up poster and fliers and reposting every time they are taken down. I did an interview with KMUD and I have sent e-mails and messages to every news station and show that I can think of asking to have a story done to get Sheila and Danielle story out nationally and the only response i have received is if a reporter find your story of interest they will contact me and no luck yet. I have also contacted the local new and papers waiting for someone to contact me. I have not been verified yet so I am not sure what I can and can not share.
But at this time If anyone can help point me in the direction of the best search site for current mugshot I would be so very grateful.
I want to thank each and everyone of you for all you warm welcomes.

To find mugshots where I live,I look up the county sheriff office website and look for a link for arrests or currently jailed... If you want to private message me the name and where you think they were arrested I could try to find something for you...
And I am SO sorry for what you are going through! I have been following this and am very proud of all you have done and the composure and determination you have shared with us all!

Thank you so much Sunshine95 The encouragement is so needed in times like these because more times then not I feel like I am just not doing enough.

You are doing everything you can! Does this person have an alias you could search for?

I find mugshots by googling the name, followed by mugshot, or images, or arrest. The nearly always brings something up. Make sure you use quotation marks, and the name of the town or county if it's a common name. For example, if the name's Clarke Kent, I'd google:

"Clark Kent, arrest, Metropolis"

It's probably a long-winded way of doing it, but sometimes interesting other stuff comes up that way.

Sheilasister, have you tried vinelink and the state doj inmate searches?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back