Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up. Haven't read about Sierra yet.

This was posted about 7 mins ago:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_6b6ae595-40b4-5d96-91fc-60c833221420.html

Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:10 pm | Updated: 1:13 pm, Mon Mar 19, 2012.

(What a beautiful young lady!)

The article gives the intersection where her droid phone was found and the interesction where she catches the bus.

They have her laptop and (LE) are watching her twitter and facebook accts.

Cardoza added police have exhausted all search and rescue efforts that are typical in the immediate aftermath of such disappearances, including tracking dogs and foot-based searches of the foothills and other areas surrounding LaMar’s home

I'm worried because a lot of teens I know, probably most of them, their cell phone's are like appendages for them. They never go anywhere without them. Just me and from observing my own kids and their friends. JMHO

How did LE find her phone from electronic signals, if it was dead?

Well they can track a ping up until the time it is dead or the battery is removed. Also, I just saw this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/1...l-last-seen-on-way-to-school/?test=latestnews

(snip)
The cell phone of 15-year-old Sierra Lamar was discovered in a field a few miles from her home in Morgan Hill, Calif., about 25 miles south of San Jose in Santa Clara County, KTVU-TV reported. Police found the phone Sunday by tracking its electronic ping.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/1...-way-to-school/?test=latestnews#ixzz1pb5KhjMI

My parents live very near this family. I grew up right around the corner from Sierra's house, on Scheller, and know the area and the bus stop very, very well. I can't tell you how many times we complained to MHUSD Transportation that that bus stop is dangerous. The bus stop is off in the middle of a grass farm, far enough from the residential area that people cannot observe kids waiting for the buses. When I grew up there, the bus stopped in front of my house and was free. That was in the 1980s. When my daughter grew up there, late '90s, the bus started costing $300/year. By high school, they had moved the bus stop away from any houses to save money and time for the district. Never mind the safety of their students.

The cell phone that was found was not hers. The family was not able to identify it.

Just catching up. Haven't read about Sierra yet.

This was posted about 7 mins ago:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_6b6ae595-40b4-5d96-91fc-60c833221420.html

Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:10 pm | Updated: 1:13 pm, Mon Mar 19, 2012.

(What a beautiful young lady!)

The article gives the intersection where her droid phone was found and the interesction where she catches the bus.

They have her laptop and (LE) are watching her twitter and facebook accts.

I'm worried because a lot of teens I know, probably most of them, their cell phone's are like appendages for them. They never go anywhere without them. Just me and from observing my own kids and their friends. JMHO

I lived in this area for 12 or so years, I know exactly where this intersection is. Thank god I had a wonderful babysitter for my kids & they never had to walk to & from school.

I think the report that the family did not identify the cell phone is trumped by the fact that LE must know it is her phone that they found and it is in the likely area.

Very true - teenagers would submit to bodily harm to keep their phones! The phone signals to me abduction and foul play.

Very worried for Sierra.

And it's true - a bus stop should never be so remote that a kid calling for help would not be heard by neighboring houses and also, BUS STOPS SHOULD ALWAYS BE MONITORED BY VIDEO SURVEILLANCE.

Would someone be so kind as to create a map for her thread please with the interesections and such?

I'm terrible at maps. But I would really like to have one as a reference.

TIA!

Mwilliams

:welcome4:

I take it they have not found her purse either? just the cell phone?

My parents live very near this family. I grew up right around the corner from Sierra's house, on Scheller, and know the area and the bus stop very, very well. I can't tell you how many times we complained to MHUSD Transportation that that bus stop is dangerous. The bus stop is off in the middle of a grass farm, far enough from the residential area that people cannot observe kids waiting for the buses. When I grew up there, the bus stopped in front of my house and was free. That was in the 1980s. When my daughter grew up there, late '90s, the bus started costing $300/year. By high school, they had moved the bus stop away from any houses to save money and time for the district. Never mind the safety of their students.

The cell phone that was found was not hers. The family was not able to identify it.

BBM - I thought the phone was found via the pings? If so, then it must be hers.

"LaMar’s cell phone, a Droid smart phone, was found Saturday night in a field near Scheller Avenue and Santa Teresa Boulevard, authorities said. That spot is in the opposite direction from which LaMar usually walks to catch a Morgan Hill Unified school bus to go to school each morning."

My bad! it was in the opposite direction of bus stop, NOT at the old high school.

Map: http://g.co/maps/htz9a

A/B = fields near where phone was reportedly found.

C = School

ETA: MWilliams mentioned the grass farm. This is on Palm in between the intersections of Lantz and Doughtery.

Other than the discovery of the phone, police have found few clues to explain the teen’s disappearance, Cardoza said. Police have also recovered LaMar’s laptop computer, and continue to watch her Facebook and Twitter accounts to watch for clues.
LaMar has not updated the social network accounts since she was reported missing, Cardoza added.

As of Monday, police had not found any “obvious signs” of foul play, or any evidence to suggest that a crime has occurred, Cardoza said.

“It’s frustrating from our standpoint that we haven’t found any clues,” Cardoza said at the press conference.

Police said LaMar was last seen about 6 a.m. Friday. Her last “tweet” on her Twitter account was posted at 6:29 a.m. that day. Iris Wise, a neighbor of LaMar’s and her family on Dougherty Avenue said she has seen LaMar walking past her house to the school bus stop before, but it was usually “closer to 7 (a.m.).”

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/updated-search-continues-for-missing-mh-teen/article_6b6ae595-40b4-5d96-91fc-60c833221420.html

9:29 AM - 16 Mar 12 via web ·

Her ;ast tweet was at 9:29am per twitter. It also looks like she was on a computer and not her cell phone at that time???
Maybe it's just a time zone thing?

Her twitter is very concerning! (not about drugs and bad words)
I went back to Feb, she was VERY alone from some of her tweets...
She even mentions suicide, :(

What a pretty girl. Her phone being found really worries me.

As a teenager myself, when I look at her tumblr and twitter, she really just seems like an average teenage girl. I could pull up countless twitter accounts from my female classmates (well, I am out of school now, but I know some younger 14-17 year olds) with the same type of content. Sadly, even the drug content is pretty standard.

</OT rant>

I don't mean to be rude.... but if that is indicative of the "normal, average, teenage girl," I'm

A. Afraid for our future as a society
B. Embarrassed
C. Truly disappointed and disturbed by 21st century parenting

The crap I saw on that page wasn't appropriate or "normal" for anyone of any age. Drugs aren't normal. Violence isn't normal. Nudity, sexual promiscuity, and vulgarity are not normal for 15 year olds.

Some of us actually live lives where we NEVER EVER even HEAR the "F" word, much less speak it or write it. I could not imagine posting it for display for someone to read, and I'm 36.

Oh... and never wear white shoes before Easter. My LORD, what is this world coming to?!??!???!

</end OT rant>

Heads up - teenagers in massive amounts talk like this on their FB and twitter. I live in Petaluma, CA - and hacked into mr. zig's teen's FB and was able to read the pages of ALL the other 500 something "friends". I would say most of the kids post about getting faded, drugs of other kinds, use the f word and the n word and gay and etc. etc. These are not just the bad kids either. Yes, parents would be shocked. There are some kids who are smarter and do not put this kind of stuff on their wall for everyone to see and some kids who do not engage, but in my small snapshot of an experience, it's more common to see a Twitter of FB like this girls.

If that was my kid, yeah... I'd be shocked. The first and LAST time I saw it. And my kid would also be shocked, because it would be the LAST time they ever had access to the internet while living under my roof.

Wake up, America. If kids didn't need parental monitoring and guidance, they'd be born able to walk and talk and have jobs and an apartment 6 months after they potty trained. If this is "normal," I'd hate to see the "boundaries."

There aren't just kids that are "smarter" and don't behave like this. There are PARENTS that are smarter and would not tolerate such activity!

From the teens I know and see online, yes that behavior is pretty 'normal'. Some are very nice kids but they think they have to talk like that to sound cool to their friends.
I hope Sierra is found soon.

On twitter, she talks about her mom always yelling at her and how stuff is about to hit the fan and she can't function in her house.
She is afraid her old friends will forget her and she doesn't have new ones. that there is no such thing as a fresh start in high school and how things will never be the same.

Her tumbler acct is disturbing but prob normal too.
O/T- (What the heck is tumbler?) I don't get it!!

Maybe she did run away! Praying for her safety.:please:

Would someone be so kind as to create a map for her thread please with the interesections and such?

I'm terrible at maps. But I would really like to have one as a reference.

TIA!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209176983639573768001.0004bb9f7e0db1e81df94&msa=0
--sierra map--

--paquita espana court-------mom's house

--palm ave and dougherty---bus stop

--santa teresa/scheller------cell phone found

--sobrato high school

sierramap-2-1.jpg

i cant help but wonder if someone was waiting outside (out of sight) her house and maybe caught her off guard (sucker punched her?) and maybe it dazed her or knocked her out, then they put her in a waiting car.

i got sucker punched out of the blue when i was her age & then the girl and i fought... but needless to say, she kicked my booty since the sucker punch dazed me a bit. totally not a fair fight.

i hope nothing like this happened to Sierra and that she left on her own... but i have a sinking feeling that this isn't the case since she's pretty much left EVERYTHING behind, cell included now.

i wonder if she normally carried a backpack with her but didnt that day? or is her school the kind that keeps copies of books in the class and they have their own at home so they dont have to transport them?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...rs-cellphone-214614437--abc-news.html#more-id

LaMar was last reported seen by her mother at 6 a.m. before she left for school last Friday morning. Her mother then left for work and did not actually see Sierra leave the house.

Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, told ABC News he has no reason to believe she was planning on running away. He said there was "nothing out of the ordinary" about her behavior before her disappearance. He spoke to her Thursday evening and she asked him to make an upcoming hair appointment for her.

"I talked to Sierra on the phone Thursday night. She was happy, talking to me about homework. She was asking me to make an appointment so she could dye her hair. She was happy," LaMar told ABC News.

--that makes sense then that sierra's mom didn't say that sierra left the house at 6-----according to the bus schedule, she is picked up at the corner of dougherty and palm at 7:24 a.m.

http://www.mhu.k12.ca.us/documents/Brea ... 0Stops.pdf
--bus stop schedule--

sierrabusstop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads