GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is strange about this. Her abduction, her release, her identity removed, the statement of one suspect - the arrest of another for whom there is NO picture????
has anyone found a booking report for him today? I think TS is being played. and good, if so. I just dunno how. and it's weird.
I saw nothing on LAPD FB about this case.

The reporter on KFI was very specific about more than one "department" at the police department that had posted details. I don't see it on the KFI website though, it was during Bill Carroll.

Yes, very weird in general.
I've even looked at the smoking gun for a mugshot, nothing yet. (Although I have to wonder if he was beat up before the police were notified and that may be why the photo hasn't been released)

The reporter on KFI was very specific about more than one "department" at the police department that had posted details. I don't see it on the KFI website though, it was during Bill Carroll.

Yes, very weird in general.
I've even looked at the smoking gun for a mugshot, nothing yet. (Although I have to wonder if he was beat up before the police were notified and that may be why the photo hasn't been released)

They would still have old mugshots they could release of him. I think this is all part of a tactical move. LE has something up their sleeve and I hope it pays off.

Everything is strange about this. Her abduction, her release, her identity removed, the statement of one suspect - the arrest of another for whom there is NO picture????
has anyone found a booking report for him today? I think TS is being played. and good, if so. I just dunno how. and it's weird.
I saw nothing on LAPD FB about this case.

BBM The little girl in Phila who was kidnapped from her classroom had her identity removed too.

Want to hear a strange coincidence? Both little girls have the same initials. It freaked me out when I realized this little girl's initials were the same!

They would still have old mugshots they could release of him. I think this is all part of a tactical move. LE has something up their sleeve and I hope it pays off.

It reminds of how odd LE and the FBI acted in Samantha Koenig's case. And then it turned out they had Israel Keyes. What a shocker that case turned into. So much bigger than anyone could ever have imagined.

I just read an interesting post in the Isabel Celis thread.
She may have been taken by someone who brazenly entered the home at night.
Is it possible there could be a connection?

Anyone care to guess why the arrested guy has no pictures , mug shots, etc to be found? I agree with the thought that LE is possibly keeping his identity under wraps .... I don't recall that being done before.

LE is saying Summers may have shaved his head and may be in San Diego. LE has Summers car...did he take someone else's car to SD? Take a bus? What about a cell phone that is traceable.

Anyone care to guess why the arrested guy has no pictures , mug shots, etc to be found? I agree with the thought that LE is possibly keeping his identity under wraps .... I don't recall that being done before.

Ok, I'll give it a guess.

Maybe the guy they arrested is the one who dropped her at the hospital against the wishes of the other('s) involved. Maybe he was not present for the kidnapping but was an associate of the kidnapper who became involved by accident. Say the perp steals the girl, takes her somewhere to assault her.then takes her to another location where he runs in to DM, who offers to "get rid of" the girl. Once he has her, he lets her go at the hospital and goes in to hiding in fear for his life.

Why would he do this? Maybe he is a narc. Cops still have to "arrest" him because his life is in danger for helping the girl, but don't want to show his face.

Total wild guess, just speculating why there is no pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll give it a guess.

Maybe the guy they arrested is the one who dropped her at the hospital against the wishes of the other('s) involved. Maybe he was not present for the kidnapping but was an associate of the kidnapper who became involved by accident. Say the perp steals the girl, takes her somewhere to assault her.then takes her to another location where he runs in to DM, who offers to "get rid of" the girl. Once he has her, he lets her go at the hospital and goes in to hiding in fear for his life.

Why would he do this? Maybe he is a narc. Cops still have to "arrest" him because his life is in danger for helping the girl, but don't want to show his face.

Total wild guess, just speculating why there is no pic!

I like that guess TGI . Along those lines I was thinking perhaps he's a guy who is an associate and does petty crimes with them, but when it came to a child, he could NOT go along, so he dropped her off or aided her escape and is begging them to not show him. Also Martinez is an outrageously common name and I wonder if there may be several 'known associates' with the last name, and perhaps he's going by a middle name or something. Something like Daniel John and he goes by John to all of his friends so seeing ' daniel' in print doesn't really tell them who he is. Guessing and Moo !

why only show a shadow? why do they blur his face in the air video of his arrest? This says gang to me.
Here's a Daniel Martinez, but no way to know if it's the same one.
http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=871513#.UVpuiBkxvQM
illegal smuggling. gang ties in my mind. course, that's in Texas...

if you google Image Daniel Martinez San Fernando Valley, a tiny picture shows up and if you click it it links to a FB page comes up that could be him.

but if you google image Daniel Martinez Arrest, there are a bunch of pix of different mug shots of different people that come up.

BBM

I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess on how common his name is, honestly. I think it would be hard to do a Google search and come up with anything positive at all. In CA alone there are probably thousands of men named Daniel Martinez.

ETA: According to the website www.namestatistics.com "Martinez" is the 19th most common name in the US, and an estimated 585,000 people have this surname. "Daniel" is the #12 most common male first name.

I just read an interesting post in the Isabel Celis thread.
She may have been taken by someone who brazenly entered the home at night.
Is it possible there could be a connection?

Check this out: SanDiego, CA is 100 miles from Tucson, AZ - Same MO
Is the (CA) abduction & Isabel Celis (AZ) abduction related?

http://www.lapdblog.org/

A suspect in the kidnapping of has been apprehended, but another is still at large.
Tobias D. Summers, 30, remains at large but a 29-year-old by the name of Daniel Martinez has been arrested on suspicion of the crimes.

LAPD/F.B.I. Seek Public’s Help Locating Child Kidnapping Suspect
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Robbery Homicide Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public’s help in locating 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers.

Summers is wanted in connection with the kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl from the Northridge Area. He is described as a male White, 160 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Summers is described as having close cropped hair.
Below is the release associated with this suspect:

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 around 1 a.m., a 10-year-old girl was last seen by her mother in bed at their residence in the 8000 block of Oakdale Avenue in the Northridge area. Around 3:30 a.m., the girl’s mother went to check on her and discovered that she was missing.

Here is a timeline of the events surrounding the Isabel Celis disappearance, beginning with what her parents say was the last time they say their daughter:

Friday, April 20, 11:00 p.m. -- Isabel's parents put her to bed.

Saturday, April 21, 7:30 a.m. -- Isabel's mother, a nurse, leaves for work. It remains unclear if Isabel's mother checked on her before leaving the house.

8:00 a.m. -- Isabel's father goes to wake up his daughter and notices that the girl is missing from her bedroom. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...celis-missing-timeline-arizona_n_1450258.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...olice-confirm/

CBS/AP) PHOENIX - Police investigating the disappearance of 6-year-old Arizona girl Isabel Mercedes Celis confirmed Tuesday they believe she was abducted.
Pictures: 6-year-old vanishes from Arizona home

Investigators have searched the girl's Tucson, Ariz., home, interviewed more than 500 sex offenders and waded through 1,000-plus tips. So far, they haven't named a suspect.
Police previously characterized the case as a "suspicious disappearance/possible abduction."

I like that guess TGI . Along those lines I was thinking perhaps he's a guy who is an associate and does petty crimes with them, but when it came to a child, he could NOT go along, so he dropped her off or aided her escape and is begging them to not show him. Also Martinez is an outrageously common name and I wonder if there may be several 'known associates' with the last name, and perhaps he's going by a middle name or something. Something like Daniel John and he goes by John to all of his friends so seeing ' daniel' in print doesn't really tell them who he is. Guessing and Moo !

I agree about the name, Schmae, and that people probably know him by a nickname.

I said "narc" in my earlier post but I don't know if that is the proper term. I meant someone who is undercover LE. You are right though. Even bad guys have limits, especially when it comes to kids!

Could Summers have met Martinez during his CRI Help program? Could they have been part of the same program through jail? Probation?

& why does Martinez only have 1 surname on his booking report? Is that standard? I'm asking bc most or all of my Latino friends have 2 surnames, the first would come from their father & the 2nd comes from their mother. Males surnames never change. Females keep their 1st surname when they marry, but their 2nd surname is changed to their husband's 1st surname. (I think I have that right) So, does Daniel Martinez have another surname?

I agree about the name, Schmae, and that people probably know him by a nickname.

I said "narc" in my earlier post but I don't know if that is the proper term. I meant someone who is undercover LE. You are right though. Even bad guys have limits, especially when it comes to kids!

Right, but how does it explain her saying two guys kidnapped her from her house? That's what confuses me about this guy Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2