Found Deceased Canada - Amy Elizabeth Fahlman, 25, Calgary AB, last phone ping north of Cochrane AB, 29 Sept 2023

Family continues search for missing Calgary woman into Thanksgiving weekend

Snipped...
..."We know that she left the house around 11:00 in the morning with the intention to go for a drive out into the wilderness, which is not unusual for her," said Miller.

"She likes to paint or draw or take in nature and she didn't come back, that's really the only thing we really know."

Over the last week hundreds of people, including police, the Cochrane, Alta. search and rescue team and Amy's large tight-knit family have participated in a search to try to find out more about what happened to her, said Miller.

While Miller said initial search efforts spanned a broad region, ranging from the southern part of Kananaskis all the way to the B.C. border and back to Cochrane, the party has narrowed their focus to an area close to where Amy's car was found, roughly 45 kilometres north of Waiparous village off of Highway 40.

"Investigators are also interested in dashcam footage of Fahlman’s vehicle in the Waiparous Village area between 3 and 4 p.m. that same day"

LE have certainly narrowed down that time frame. If, from there, she'd driven the approximately 40 mins north on (graveled) 40, as referenced in other articles, it would have been close to 4pm-5pm before she parked. Sunset is at 7 pm, so I can't see her heading off on much of a hike, even if there was a trail (which no one has referenced being there).

I lived west of Calgary, but never went to that area, it's not known for having scenic short walking trails, compared with the super-abundance of those things just a bit farther south/west. I think that area is very popular with ATVers and for free (RV style) camping. It might be an interesting drive, just to explore the backroads.

For that reason, this is a confusing case to me, I hope they can find her soon.

Last edited:
I wonder if they had to break the driver's door window to get into the car and then taped the garbage bag over to protect any possible evidence? Moo
I'd think that a typical lockout tool would make short work of any locked door, hopefully it's standard equipment for LE, though a backup might need to be called first if the first responder didn't have a Slim Jim. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back