CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Hello everyone! I wanted to say I'm new here and it's nice to meet you all!

I was doing research a couple nights ago about unidentified remains and missing persons reports, it's an interest of mine to read the profiles. I came across a local case of unidentified remains and wanted to see if I could find any matches for her.

I came across a couple similar cases but this one particularly struck me as odd.

Jami Charlene Furnandiz
Aliases:
FURNANDIZ, Charlene
MACIAG, Charlene
MACIAG, Jami Charlene
Missing since:
October 15, 1997
Year of birth: 1979
Age at disappearance: 18
Bio group: White
Eye colour: Brown
Hair: Red
Height: 175cm / 5 ft 9 in
Weight: 74kg / 163lb

On Oct 15, 1997, Jami Furnandiz was last seen in the town of Port Perry, Ontario, after dropping her child off to day care. She was scheduled to attend school in the area but did not show up and has not been seen since. Jami Furnandiz frequented the Oshawa downtown and was known to hitchhike by means of traveling between cities.

Jewelry: Gold chain with a unicorn pendant, watch with a black band, ring with a large amber stone.

VS

Unidentified Remains

Discovered on October 27, 2006
Est. age: 18 to 25
Bio group: White
Teeth: Prominent upper teeth with visible white fillings on her front teeth; and small silver fillings in some back teeth.

Shirt:
Other, T-Shirt, Blue Rodeo with thick vertical stripes in red, green and blue.
Ring: Metal, Size 9.5, Burns logo, with a red garnet and two diamonds.

Watch: Silver, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, "Omni Watch Company" brand.
Fractured/Broken Bones: Nose, Well healed nasal fracture
View attachment 344163View attachment 344164

I was just wondering if anyone else found that these cases may be similar? I will provide links to the missing persons pages below as well as a couple other sources with info on them.

Yeah, I don't see anything that would absolutely rule out this match. The missing woman had a ring with an amber stone, and the unidentified woman had a ruby, but that could easily be just someone's incorrect recollection of what they thought was an amber stone.

Jami's picture looks like she might be closing her lips over protruding teeth. I hope that if this person was ruled out, it was based on more than the ring.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Anyone here had any experience contacting Canadian law enforcement with regards to this Jane doe?

I have found multiple possible matches of black/south Asian women missing in Ontario but some cases are on an Ontario missing persons page, not the Canada missing website and sadly the doe network doesn't have any recent black missing persons pages at all (don't know why)

I don't know how many of these folks are still missing. There are quite a handful of missing women who were last seen at women's shelters or last seen having appointments with immigration. I'd love some sleuthing helpers on this. I think she might be one of these women...

Azela Brown. Her family is overseas. Last heads from in 2007. I looked into the associated person and they are doing fine and well. I wish we had more info... she appears to be from Ghana.

OK it is way too late. I didn't see the dates.... some of this doesn't work. My bad.

On January 11, 1990, Emabit Yafru travelled from Ethiopia to Toronto, Ontario. On January 25, 1990, her husband came to Toronto and could not locate her.

**During the time of her disappearance, Emabit was five months pregnant.** maybe this excludes her..

This ones interesting. This female is from the Carribean but she has been missing since 1980. Her circumstances are also interesting.

"On June 27, 1980, Ophlin Facey was seen for the last time as she left the residence of her employer. During the time of her disappearance, Ophlin was a live-in house keeper, and it is possible she may have been heading to a party that day."

I wonder where her employer worked.... maybe near the plant? Or is she too far out of the date range?

This ones interesting. This female is from the Carribean but she has been missing since 1980. Her circumstances are also interesting.

"On June 27, 1980, Ophlin Facey was seen for the last time as she left the residence of her employer. During the time of her disappearance, Ophlin was a live-in house keeper, and it is possible she may have been heading to a party that day."

I wonder where her employer worked.... maybe near the plant? Or is she too far out of the date range?

Welcome to Ws @Aurora90, thanks for chiming in!
This last suggestion caught my interest, wish there was a photo (wondering if she had any children, female in particular) imo

This last suggestion caught my interest, wish there was a photo (wondering if she had any children, female in particular) imo
Did Jane Doe give birth? Why do you ask?

I was wondering if any sleuthers could find any info.. I have been trying. I've got nothing. Canada is notoriously hush hush about cases. That's why mot many cases get multiple articles like the cases in the states.. I am curious about a few of these women. Even just concerned for their saftey in general. Where could they be?!

I agree the last one is interesting. If she was a live in Nanny, likely the family is overseas. Hence no one is "looking for her". They are, they just can't find her.

Who did she socialize with? To be frank, it sounds like modern day slavery to me. She likley worked long hours, no friends nor parties. Would love a confirmed sighting from someone other than her employer who's home she lived in.

It doesn't sound good. I wish we could request more info. Maybe I will submit this tip?

I was wondering if any sleuthers could find any info.. I have been trying. I've got nothing. Canada is notoriously hush hush about cases. That's why mot many cases get multiple articles like the cases in the states.. I am curious about a few of these women. Even just concerned for their saftey in general. Where could they be?!
rbbm.
The reason i asked if the missing woman had given birth to a female....speculation, imo.

I don't believe there is a complete skeleton

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back