CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Thanks, from link.. rbbm.
Caribbean-Jane-Doe-edited-750x500.jpg

“It wasn’t until we sequenced her DNA recently that we discovered that her heritage is largely African (with some South-East Asian as well),” stated C. Lauritsen of the DNA Doe Project. “We have reason to believe she has at least extended family from or still in the Caribbean, possibly St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, although not necessarily exclusively. We don’t yet know if she, herself, might’ve lived there prior to her death or not, but because of this connection, we would love to be able to specifically reach the Caribbean-Canadian community –and beyond– to ask if anyone can help us identify her.”

''Authorities are asking the public to review this information and the new portrait to see if they recognize this Jane Doe or might have known her family in the 1990’s or early 2000’s. Anyone is being asked to reach out if they recognize her. Another way to help would be to share their DNA results for comparison, if they have done a DTC test.

If you recognize this woman or have any information to share, please contact Detective Hermano Dorego of the Durham Regional Police Service at +1-905-579-1520 ext. 5319 or hdorego@drps.ca''

Ok guys, since we have the new info about the Carribean origins, I found the Crime Stoppers Foundation for Carribean and Latam: CBLA Crime Stoppers

Problem is that most national CS websites haven't been updated for ages.
Only their FB are updated regularly.

Since I speak English and Spanish, I'll get in touch with relevant CS.

Durham Police page, up to date: Durham Region Police Service
I sent it to Doe Network because their page is far from up to date.

Interpol Yellow Notice can be a good start, the annoying issue is that you can't search from place where missing, only by citizenship.
So, missing from Canada, Canadian citizen but no Carribean country citizenship will go nowhere.

What kind of reliable source shall I send to the relevant CS?

Last edited:
Ok guys, I contacted the Crime Stoppers KY Islands.
He told me to call the police, cold case unit.

The policeman I had on the phone was helpful, but told me to call back tomorrow.
Now, some links on the CS LATAM don't work.

Crime Stoppers Cayman has changed website address: Home | Crime Stoppers

His director has no idea if SVG has a Crime Stoppers program over there.

I see that ot'll be calls and emails to get the lists of missing women between 1975 and 2006 in such islands.
CS Bahamas phone number doesn't work from France.

Anyone to give me a hand please?

I found one possible match: Petra Loretta Muhammad born in Grenada missing since January 2006 from New York
Petra Loretta Muhammad – The Charley Project
View attachment 325677 View attachment 325678

Yes, a possible. Only thing is Petra left her passport, driver's licence, etc. at home and disappeared under suspicious circumstances, IMO and going through a divorce. I can't see her ending up on my side of the border aways from home in this instance. I hope she is found though and justice served if required.

Melanie Ethier's father was from Botswana which is definitely sub Saharan. There are quite a few South Asian Indians in Botswana who migrated from South Africa. Lots of South Asians in Uganda and Tanzania. Her mother is Caucasian and probably bilingual since her family moved to New Liskeard when she was younger. That area of Ontario has a high French speaking population. The UID's admixture doesn't show much in the way of North Atlantic heritage. So I have my doubts that she could be Melanie.

Thanks for this - can you please let us know where this screenshot came from? I would like to see more!
The screenshot is from Gedmatch.

Anyone with a home DNA test can upload to Gedmatch. Mine is there.

DDP is unique because they provide public updates.
Also stating that she has distant matches from various islands is interesting. I don't know about the history of the Afro-Indian population in the Carribbean, but this info indicates that they have not found close family yet.

Last edited:
Is there a group in Gedmatch where we can see these cases? Or was hers shared somewhere and I overlooked her kit?

Gedmatch is fascinating.

Is there a group in Gedmatch where we can see these cases? Or was hers shared somewhere and I overlooked her kit?

Gedmatch is fascinating.

The report is available as part of the DNA Doe Project spreadsheet of all their cases that they regularly update. It’s available me from the pinned post in their FB page. On FB click on the pinned thread dates 3 Feb 2018 which starts just above the 4 photos. Then go down to “cases” and click the first link in that section. It’s probably on their website somewhere too.

The screenshot is from Gedmatch.

Anyone with a home DNA test can upload to Gedmatch. Mine is there.

DDP is unique because they provide public updates.
Also stating that she has distant matches from various islands is interesting. I don't know about the history of the Afro-Indian population in the Carribbean, but this info indicates that they have not found close family yet.

I used to work with quite a few people from South America whose families had been there for nearly 100 years. They were mostly of Indian descent but their names reflected where they were originally from. Some had Portuguese names like Gomes, Fonseca and Carrasco so they originally must have come from Goa and ended up living in Brazil where they spoke the language, while some others, whose relatives came from British India lived in Guyana, previously British Guiana. So just referring to the Caribbean may be a bit of a misnomer since people have a tendency to think of the islands and not the mainland of South America.

Hello everyone! I wanted to say I'm new here and it's nice to meet you all!

I was doing research a couple nights ago about unidentified remains and missing persons reports, it's an interest of mine to read the profiles. I came across a local case of unidentified remains and wanted to see if I could find any matches for her.

I came across a couple similar cases but this one particularly struck me as odd.

Jami Charlene Furnandiz
Aliases:
FURNANDIZ, Charlene
MACIAG, Charlene
MACIAG, Jami Charlene
Missing since:
October 15, 1997
Year of birth: 1979
Age at disappearance: 18
Bio group: White
Eye colour: Brown
Hair: Red
Height: 175cm / 5 ft 9 in
Weight: 74kg / 163lb

On Oct 15, 1997, Jami Furnandiz was last seen in the town of Port Perry, Ontario, after dropping her child off to day care. She was scheduled to attend school in the area but did not show up and has not been seen since. Jami Furnandiz frequented the Oshawa downtown and was known to hitchhike by means of traveling between cities.

Jewelry: Gold chain with a unicorn pendant, watch with a black band, ring with a large amber stone.

VS

Unidentified Remains

Discovered on October 27, 2006
Est. age: 18 to 25
Bio group: White
Teeth: Prominent upper teeth with visible white fillings on her front teeth; and small silver fillings in some back teeth.

Shirt:
Other, T-Shirt, Blue Rodeo with thick vertical stripes in red, green and blue.
Ring: Metal, Size 9.5, Burns logo, with a red garnet and two diamonds.

Watch: Silver, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, "Omni Watch Company" brand.
Fractured/Broken Bones: Nose, Well healed nasal fracture
showImage.jpgshowImage (1).jpg

I was just wondering if anyone else found that these cases may be similar? I will provide links to the missing persons pages below as well as a couple other sources with info on them.

Secondly what I forgot to add, is that some newer websites say she may be of Mixed African/southeast Asian descent, although the previous ones say she is white. They did take DNA samples of the skeletal remains but I'm not sure if they did any ancestry testing on it or anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back