Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #4

Regardless of why she was there I thinks it's a shame that she was run over by the police horse. This is just my opinion but it seems like the use of those horse's was an excessive use of force against her.

She wasn't run over, or trampled, by a highly trained service animal with extensive experience in crowd control.

That is Fox News "trampled dead woman" myth.

The horse did not hurt her. The horses didn't hurt the man that fell on the ground either.

Two people fell. The man that was backing up into the horses, and the woman with the strange looking object. Neither was trampled by a horse. You can see him on the ground at the top of the photo. Horses carefully stepped around them.

upload_2022-2-21_16-36-0.png

Here you can see the man's feet as he's lying on the ground under the horses - none of the horses stepped on the people.

upload_2022-2-21_16-39-22.png

Last edited:
She wasn't run over, or trampled, by a highly trained service animal with extensive experience in crowd control.

That is Fox News "trampled dead woman" myth.

The horse did not hurt her. The horses didn't hurt the man that fell on the ground either.

is there a link that says the woman was not hurt as the horse went over her?

I thought she was using a rollator walker. IMO

Is there any Canadian news outlet that claims she was trampled by a horse? I think we should exclude the foreign news that claims she is dead.

I have no idea what she is holding. Does anyone recognize this thing that is to her right? It does not look like a walker.

View attachment 334330

I think it's a medical scooter. I'm attaching a screenshot. The one I'm attaching has 2 front wheels. Some of them have 1 front wheel. I'm going to look for another photo I've seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-184911_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221-184911_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3
I think it's a medical scooter. I'm attaching a screenshot. The one I'm attaching has 2 front wheels. Some of them have 1 front wheel. I'm going to look for another photo I've seen.

I was just looking online to see whether I could find something similar as well. Whatever it is, she was standing next to it, it's covered with a white sheet, and it ends up under the horses. The man next to her ends up on the ground and she does as well.

I was just looking online to see whether I could find something similar as well. Whatever it is, she was standing next to it, it's covered with a white sheet, and it ends up under the horses. The man next to her ends up on the ground and she does as well.

I'm only linking the article as the source I got the picture from. If you zoom in, you can see its the four wheel model.

Knowing people that have used these, my personal assumption is the white sheet was kind of like a warning flag to keep people from smacking their faces into the handles.

Woman trampled by Trudeau's forces during freedom protest identified as Indigenous elder

Attachments

• 20220221_185619.jpg
    20220221_185619.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
Same thing I think. Just different terms.

Well my original ss *does* say knee scooter. I call them medical scooters. There's that.

She's standing next to the object, described as a "bike" (covered in a white sheet), confronting police at an illegal occupation of Canada's capital city. The protest argument regarding pandemic mandates has been addressed across the country during the past month, but the protesters did not leave.

She, the object, and the man directly to her left, all end up on the ground. The horses are highly trained with crowd control and the object was not damaged, the people were not injured beyond whatever happened during their fall to the ground near the horses.

I think we'll learn more about the people trampled by the horses when the above investigation is completed. But someone may call for a federal investigation as well. And we might get some updated news reports over the next few days.

Also, the RCMP leaked messages celebrating injuring protestors is quite concerning.

She's standing next to the object, described as a "bike" (covered in a white sheet), confronting police at an illegal occupation of Canada's capital city. The protest argument regarding pandemic mandates has been addressed across the country during the past month, but the protesters did not leave.

She, the object, and the man directly to her left, all end up on the ground. The horses are highly trained with crowd control and the object was not damaged, the people were not injured beyond whatever happened during their fall to the ground near the horses.

I'm having a heck of a time finding an MSM link for some other angles of the whole thing.

Therefore, I will submit as my opinion the following:

There was a very small space between the protesters and the police. When those horses were used to widen the small gap, they came in two abreast, at a trot. If you've never been around horses or gotten stepped on, you cannot imagine.

My opinion is it would have been fairly easy to get trapped between 2 horses at that point. My opinion is police horses tend to push against bystanders.

Jmo

I think we'll learn more about the people trampled by the horses when the above investigation is completed. But someone may call for a federal investigation as well. And we might get some updated news reports over the next few days.

Also, the RCMP leaked messages celebrating injuring protestors is quite concerning.

Other than Fox News, who claimed that the woman is dead and who also claim that Canadian police officers celebrate injured people, is there a good link based on factual journalism?

Toronto Sun also has an article about the horses bu5 I cannot make the link work.

About service horses and Canadian police in Toronto. After 135 years of experience using horses as crowd control, including at shootings and protests, I'm confident that the horses are trained to injure themselves before they step on a dog or person.

"The mounted unit was established in 1886 and now consists of 40 officers and 25 horses, who form a true partnership.

To become a member of the unit, horses must be large in stature and calm in demeanour. Training takes anywhere from six to 12 months, and includes a sensory component that introduces the horses to different experiences they may encounter while on the job like construction vehicles, sirens and, for some reason, skateboards.

Spratt says there's a lot an officer can do on horseback that just can't be done on foot or in a vehicle.

He says it's the most effective tool the police have when it comes to crowd control because they are highly visible, create a large presence and a crowd can't turn on them the same way they could on foot patrol officers."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/meet-the-toronto-police-mounted-unit-1.5846473

Quebec horse unit:

Cavalry - Service de Police de la Ville de Montréal - SPVM

From that link:

"In a press conference on Saturday, February 21, Ottawa interim police chief Steve Bell confirmed that two protesters "did collide with the horses."

He said the pair "fell down and immediately got back up, and started to again engage in their protest activities."
UPDATE: Woman reportedly injured in interaction with officer on horseback at Ottawa protest, SIU investigating - CityNews Ottawa

Is there any Canadian news outlet that claims she was trampled by a horse? I think we should exclude the foreign news that claims she is dead.

I have no idea what she is holding. Does anyone recognize this thing that is to her right? It does not look like a walker.

View attachment 334330

It looks like a window squeegee that she is holding in her hand, covered in a knotted sheet to form a bag of some sort.

The only thing that I can think of is that the squeegee is the only manageble 'pole' she had available at her home, and that she wanted to use it to reach something.

Perhaps she had food in the sheet-bag and intended to use the pole to hold it out to the horses? IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back