Canada - James Schwalm arrested after wife Ashley Schwalm was found dead in a burning vehicle after a single car accident

Love having locals involved on a case but you'll need to review the site rules to see what you can post publicly and please consider going through the verification process to become an insider.

James Schwalm was in bail court today where the charges were updated. He remains in custody, but the charges have not been proven in court.

Would there be a ban to protect the children? I believe they are potential witnesses. <modsnip>
Welcome @Armchairfbi ! Yes I think the ban could apply to the children as potential witnesses. I'm wondering if one can argue for the ban based upon their occupation eg; law enforcement/fire/judge etc. What's interesting to me is that several MSM outlets have updates on this case with the latest court appearance. Perhaps, and I really hope, the ban was modified/lifted/eased. There isn't much to speculate (within the TOS of this site) unless we've got people named and MSM sources. Again. Thank you for joining.

Last edited by a moderator:
JS will be in Barrie court again on March 3, 2023. The article linked below has a photo of AS. She was lovely.

James Schwalm, 38, was initially charged with second-degree murder and indignity to a body. The upgraded charge means the Crown believes there is evidence the killing was planned and deliberate. He remains charged with indignity to a dead body.

The OPP has not said how the mother of two young children died. But witnesses saw forensic officers at the couple’s home for days.

On Friday, the prosecutor read out a long list of no-contact orders that has grown to include 21 people, including Schwalm’s parents and his two young children. The justice of the peace asked Schwalm if he had any difficulty with those restrictions.

“It will be difficult not to (speak) to my mom or dad but I understand,” Schwalm replied in Zoom remand court wearing an orange jumpsuit and sitting in a jailhouse video room.

Used to ski and race at the ski club to which they belonged and knew her family via that connection.

Very odd case. <modsnip> Might be a while before we know more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like LE has found their crime scene.

James Schwalm has been behind bars for 29 days, charged with first-degree murder in the death of his wife Ashley in late January inside their Collingwood, Ont. home.
Court documents show Schwalm is also charged with committing an indignity to a body. Police allege Schwalm murdered his wife sometime between Jan. 25 and Jan. 26 at their Collingwood home, then interfered with and moved her body before burning it in the fiery crash.
The Brampton Professional Fire Fighters have organized a campaign to support the couple's children.
According to organizers, the campaign has raised more than $102,000 since it was launched with the blessing of the Schwalm and Milnes families.

Both he and his lawyer will return to court later this month.

MOD NOTE:

Members who have inside information about a case must be Verified by Websleuths to post. Posts containing inside information have been removed pending verification.

Information as to why Websleuths has this process in place, and how to apply, can be found at the following link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Once a member has been verified, their posts containing inside information will be reinstated.

Through his lawyer, Joelle Klein, he waived his right to the preliminary hearing, prompting the judge to commit Schwalm to trial via the Superior Court of Justice.
Since Schwalm waived this right, the case will proceed to the Superior Court with the next date set for May 13 in Barrie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back