ACTIVE SEARCH Canada - Nathan, 37, Vulnerable ('unable to care for self') Toronto (Jane/Sheppard) 12 May 2023

The area closed off to the public is near Birchmount Collegiate . Would Nathan have known anyone from that school?
I thought it was by Birchmount and Eglinton. It's close to Kennedy Subway station and the GO station. Birchmount Collegiate is quite a way south and would be accessible by bus. It's not near a subway and not too close to the nearest GO train.

Last edited:
The Sun used a file photo of Birchmount Collegiate in that story for some reason, so it’s bit misleading. The park is north of the school.
View attachment 480577
Google map image.
I live close to both the school and the park the body was found in. If this was at Birchmount Collegiate it would be all over the local Facebook pages.

seems to be quite a few bodies found lately. All NOK notified and nothing suspicious but we never hear any other details after initial find. Could this be Nathan? I bet it is... but then again could be another unfortunate overdose.

I am under the impression that none of the sightings were verified except the one at Jane and Sheppard. Nathan would not have known anyone in the schools in Toronto as he moved there not long before he went missing.
I was in Guildwood (south-central Scarborough) last year and police were looking for him on the property of the Guild Inn and down at the lake behind it. I bet someone saw another male with DS and reported it. That's happened elsewhere, too.

Noting ..
Feb 27 2024 rbbm
''The Purple Alert bill directs state police to create a “system for rapid dissemination of information to assist in locating a missing person,” including by training law enforcement agencies throughout the state and setting up systems to share crucial details.

The Purple Alert would cover people who have a cognitive impairment, intellectual or developmental disability or brain injury.

Why a Maryland father is set to testify in support of Purple Alert bill

Jimmy Hall is set to testify in support of the Purple Alert bill in Annapolis, hoping to help other families that need help bringing their loved ones back to safety.''
Hall's son Rashawn Williams, who has Down syndrome, went missing back in October.''

1709820794390.jpeg
Family photos show Rashawn Williams (from left to right) on the day he was found, eating a meal hours later, and before he went missing.

Seconds ticked away as the man at the lectern tried to compose himself enough to speak. He stood in silence for 10 seconds. Then 15. Then 25.

“My name is Jimmy Hall, and this is my wife, Christina, and that is my son,” Hall said, motioning toward his son, Rashawn Williams, who sat nearby in a suit and tie

May 12, 2024

The family of a man named Nathan continue to hold out hope as they mark the first anniversary of the day he went missing in Toronto.

Nathan, 38, has Down syndrome. He grew up in Waterloo region and has been missing since May 12, 2023. He was last seen around 7 p.m. in the area of Jane Street and Sheppard Avenue W. in Toronto. His cellphone and wallet were left at home.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Nathan since he went missing.

To mark the one-year anniversary, family members gathered at Woodside Bible Fellowship Church in Elmira on Saturday to hold a ceremony for Nathan "and to keep our hopes alive."

Toronto police say they will be sharing information about Nathan on their social media platforms on Sunday with the goal of keeping his story in people's minds.

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back