GUILTY Canada - Ryan Lane, 24, abducted & murdered, Calgary, AB, 7 Feb 2012

If it is Ryan why don't they just say so. Can't they connect the 2 or what. They won`t disclose where Ryan was found but yet they won`t say if the remains found in Cochrane are Ryan. Good grief. :banghead:

How sad if his death was a result of a custody issue.

The investigation is still ongoing and it looks like the three have not yet been arrested. I think police are probably hoping that more people will come forward and fill in the gaps so that the arrests can be made. In not releasing where the body was found, facts, such as where the body was found, can only be known to insiders. Also, in stating that the three will be arrested, panic will set in.

The investigation is still ongoing and it looks like the three have not yet been arrested. I think police are probably hoping that more people will come forward and fill in the gaps so that the arrests can be made. In not releasing where the body was found, facts, such as where the body was found, can only be known to insiders. Also, in stating that the three will be arrested, panic will set in.

Well I don't get why they aren't arrested yet. It appears they know who did this. Panic? And risk them fleeing?

Family apparently expected to make a public statement.

http://www.660news.com/news/local/article/424753--three-implicated-in-ryan-lane-s-death

Calgary police say skeletal remains of Ryan Lane found
1st-degree murder charges pending against 3 people

Calgary police have located the skeletal remains of 24-year-old Ryan Lane, who was last seen in the early morning hours of Feb. 7 near Country Hills Boulevard in the city's northwest.

Police are not saying where or when Lane's remains were found, but they are now officially declaring his death a homicide.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/11/22/calgary-ryan-lane-remains.html

This case has been strange from the start from what I have read. I am just glad he has been found so his family isn't tormented for the rest of their lives wondering where he is. RIP Ryan (gives me the chills writing that, my son's name is Ryan) Fly with the angels :angel::rose:

Well I don't get why they aren't arrested yet. It appears they know who did this. Panic? And risk them fleeing?

Family apparently expected to make a public statement.

http://www.660news.com/news/local/article/424753--three-implicated-in-ryan-lane-s-death

I suspect that the perps are the 4 year old's mom, her new husband and a friend. I doubt very much that they are free to flee. Police know who they want to arrest, so I would expect that they're keeping an eye on them. Up until the discovery of his body, everyone that knew something could have been thinking that he simply left voluntarily. Now that there is a murder, people close to the situation may be more willing to come forward with information. I suspect that is what is going on right now.

Apparently the remains are not connected with the remains found in Cochrane.

I think it has been confirmed that the female suspect is the victim's ex-girlfriend (mother of his child). The parents now want to establish a relationship with their granddaughter and carry on with the wishes of their son. If the mother is behind this, I hope that Ryan's family is granted sole custody. The mother should in no way benefit from the murder, and since it was over visitation between a child and her father, she should lose the child.

"New reports say Ryan Lane's estranged girlfriend, her husband and his brother may be the three suspects facing murder charges in his death."

"Global News has learned those suspects are Will Rempel, Tim Rempel and Sheena Rempel. Sheena is the mother of Ryan Lane’s young daughter, and police were investigating if his disappearance was linked to a custody dispute."

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/upda...s+of+young+father+found/6442758834/story.html

I will never understand one parent killing the other in order to keep them away from their child. What on earth did that mother think would happen when she got caught? Now that poor little girl has lost not only her father, but her mother, step-father and uncle. Tragic.

I will never understand one parent killing the other in order to keep them away from their child. What on earth did that mother think would happen when she got caught? Now that poor little girl has lost not only her father, but her mother, step-father and uncle. Tragic.

Apparently she felt very threatened by the fact that the father of her child was granted visitation. Clearly she fought against him having visitation. There was one visit, and then he was murdered. If she is convicted of first degree murder, then she'll be locked up for 25 years. I wonder if police are open to giving any of them a deal ... like if one came forward and spilled the beans, maybe that person would get a reduced sentence. The brother of the husband is probably the weakest link.

I'm trying to find more information about Sheen Cuthill-Rempel. I think she lives in Airdrie, Alberta and now has two children: the daughter (aged 5) that she had with Ryan, and a son born shortly after Ryan was murdered in Feb this year. Her mom, Kim Cuthill, is quoted here doing everything she can to make it sound like everything was fine. It looks like Sheena has tried to erase her presence from the internet, but there must be more information somewhere. Maybe someone with a facebook account can look for her there? She's 26 years old. It may be possible to sleuth her by looking into connections with Kim Cuthill. I think maybe she was born in Moosomin, Saskatchewan. Her twitter account has nothing ... but it looks like both mom and daughter have had an online presence in the past ... just harder to find today - most likely because of the murder.

“We ask if anyone has information that can aid in closing this case that you please come forward now. There are so many things as a parent that we would like to know,” Bruce Lane wrote. “Ryan wasn't in a custody battle, he just wanted visitation with his daughter which he was awarded by the courts. I believe it was on the night of his first visit with his daughter that he was taken and killed. This has lead us to why we are here today, to ask for the public’s help in calling in information that will help us bring this to an end so we may put our son’s remains to rest and close this chapter of our lives.”

Lane’s parents are now seeking court-ordered visitation of their granddaughter, who is now five-years-old.

“The last thing Ryan wanted before he died was to be a part of his daughter’s life,” Jackson said. “We would like to carry on with his dream and have his daughter be a part of our family."

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/pare...out+after+remains+found/6442759627/story.html

I think what bothers me about this case is that, in almost every situation where there is a pending split and possible loss of control over a child, it is the mother that is murdered. Here, we have the unusual situation where the father was murdered.

I wonder what arrangements Sheena Cuthill-Rempel has put in place for her children. From my research, it seems that her mom is single, has an online dating profile, and doesn't seem like the ideal candidate to look after an infant and a 5 year old. She could probably manage looking after a 5 year old, but Sheena probably wants to keep her children together. Ryan's parents want visitation with their granddaughter, but I seem to recall (can't remember where I read it) that they live in another province. That would mean quite a bit of travel for a young child. The father of the youngest child may have family that would want to look after the children, but we know that one person in the family is interested in child *advertiser censored*. That should cast some doubt on whether anyone in the father's family is suitable for parenting a 5 year old girl. Furthermore, no one in that family has any blood ties to Ryan's daughter.

It's such a tragic situation for Ryan's daughter. She could have had the best of both worlds ... a father that lavished her with gifts (comment from Sheena's mother) and wanted to be part of her life, and a family with a younger brother and two parents. Now, she will have nothing but a tragic history, no parents and no real family.

Kind of thinking out loud here ... but what if the child's mother was making a big fuss about the fact that the child's father wanted to visit with his daughter. What if the mother poisoned the minds of her husband and his brother, maybe exaggerating and suggesting that the father might get custody?

Maybe she was thinking that they'd scare him away. The brother, after all, had child *advertiser censored* photos on his phone and he seemed to have a weak personality, but maybe he too is manipulative. In the video, he says that he had those photos on his phone because he was looking for his son ... what's that about, and was he more susceptible to the suggestion that a father taking a child from her mother was cruel? What if things went really wrong and the brother drove the truck, but Tim murdered him, then the brother took his truck to the scrapyard. The brother seems teary at one point in the video - doesn't seem like a tough killer, but maybe he's extremely manipulative ... and just showing tears of pretend remorse. Who knows.

The two men had no reason to kill Ryan. They didn't know him except through the child's mother ... and she somehow incited the Rempels to murder the father of her child and leave him in some remote location. That's pretty nasty. It's not surprising that after a month of living together, Ryan moved out ... and then he distanced himself from her. Their daughter is now 5 and Ryan would no longer need to be around the mother in order to spend time with his daughter ... it sounds like the mother was very unhappy about losing complete control over their daughter ... nasty piece of work unhappy.

They had no reason to murder him, so could the brother maybe get 2nd degree if he was only driving and claimed it was an accident? What if he says that he was only driving, the husband says that it was an accident, and the mother says that it was a midunderstanding?

Three arrested in murder of Ryan Lane: Sheena Rempel, Tim Rempel and Will Rempel. I suspect that they're all sitting in small rooms being interrogated by various investigators, each wondering what the other is saying.

rempelmurderers.jpg

sheenacuthillrempel.jpg

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Three+arrested+connection+with+death+Ryan+Lane/7627666/story.html

"Investigators have charged Sheena Cuthill, 26, of Crossfield, the mother of Lane’s daughter, Cuthill’s husband Timothy Mark Rempel, and his brother Wilhelm Klassen Rempel, 38, of Airdrie.

The arrests bring to an end one of the largest homicide investigations in recent years and police say they spent over $1 million and deployed over 100 officers in the case at different times.

Lane, a 24-year-old father, was last seen on Feb. 7, 2012 and police say he was lured to the 5200 block of Country Hills Blvd. N.W. where investigators believe he was kidnapped from that location and killed within 24 hours.

Lane’s remains were discovered near Beiseker in June during a search of a 13,000-acre area. Searchers found many pieces of evidence in the area but say it took a while to confirm if the evidence was connected to the case. The suspects had a home in the area at the time."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/M...arge+threesome+with+murder/7633825/story.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back