GUILTY Canada - Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere, 25, North Battleford, 1 May 2019 *ARRESTS*

It sounds to me like LE pretty much knows what happened because they know who and how many the players are. Those FB pics aren't flattering to either person; a thuggish feel and look to them with gang connotations but that is my opinion only. Thanks to all who have helped shed light on Tiki's disappearance and murder. I hope for more answers soon.

It sounds to me like LE pretty much knows what happened because they know who and how many the players are. Those FB pics aren't flattering to either person; a thuggish feel and look to them with gang connotations but that is my opinion only. Thanks to all who have helped shed light on Tiki's disappearance and murder. I hope for more answers soon.

I agree. But I think someone is talking. A lot.

It's pretty hard to find evidence against seven people in this time frame.

SASKATOON -- A second suspect in the Tiki Laverdiere homicide has been committed to Court of Queens Bench for trial.

Nikita Cook, who is facing charges that include first degree murder and kidnapping, will stand trial by judge and jury. No date for that trial has been set. The next pretrial date is Dec. 20.

Brent Checkosis has already been committed to stand trial for accessory to murder and other charges.

Checkosis was seriously injured in a stabbing at Saskatoon Provincial Corrections Centre in August

Second of eight suspects charged in Tiki Laverdiere's death to stand trial

Just read through this case..so sad all around. But I have to admit I was surprised in a sad way to see the language, signs, tats, etc. that we see so much in the US on Tiki's facebook. Don't know why, but it seems that Native People in that area of Canada shouldn't be into those things..not gangs. Just my feelings for some reason. At least their LE was able to arrest those involved; seems that doesn't happen much in the US. moo

A couple of background posts on the man murdered (no Websleuths thread for him):

"Police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old man whose body was found near Vegreville, Alta. after a significant amount of his blood was found about 100 kilometres away in Edmonton.

At about 2:45 a.m. on April 5, Edmonton police responded to a trouble-unknown call near 92nd Street and 110th Avenue. Officers found blood on the ground at the back of a home in the neighbourhood.

Hours later, the RCMP Major Crimes unit launched an investigation following the discovery of a body in a vehicle near Vegreville.

On April 15, DNA analysis of the blood found in Edmonton was matched to Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle. Three days later, DNA analysis from the Vegreville crime scene was also matched to Cook-Buckle."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-vegreville-homicide-investigation-1.5108361

Anyone find any progress reports on this investigation?

His obituary (compare the list of survivors with the people later arrested):
Obituary for Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle | Marshall's Funeral Home

"Roughly three weeks later, his family held a closed-casket funeral for the young man at the Chief James Okanee Memorial Centre on the Thunderchild First Nation in west-central Saskatchewan. One of the attendees, Tiki Laverdiere, 25, who travelled from Edmonton for the funeral, would disappear a short-time later...

Cook, who now lives in Edmonton, said her son was hanging around with a street organization known as Red Alert in Edmonton, but said she wasn't sure if her son had joined the gang. His Facebook profile listed him as a "striker" within the group.

"He kind of kept me in the dark when it came to stuff like that just because I never wanted something like this to happen," she said in an interview from Edmonton. She said Tristen started hanging out with the group around the time of his death, and shortly after, she started witnessing a transformation in her son. "He just changed on me. He wasn't the same Tristen," she said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/edmonton-homicides-1.5174958

So does his mother somehow blame Tiki for joining this gang? Totally unclear.

WOW!!! That is ALOT of siblings! Regardless, this story is very confusing. SMDH. JMO

A couple of background posts on the man murdered (no Websleuths thread for him):

"Police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old man whose body was found near Vegreville, Alta. after a significant amount of his blood was found about 100 kilometres away in Edmonton.

At about 2:45 a.m. on April 5, Edmonton police responded to a trouble-unknown call near 92nd Street and 110th Avenue. Officers found blood on the ground at the back of a home in the neighbourhood.

Hours later, the RCMP Major Crimes unit launched an investigation following the discovery of a body in a vehicle near Vegreville.

On April 15, DNA analysis of the blood found in Edmonton was matched to Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle. Three days later, DNA analysis from the Vegreville crime scene was also matched to Cook-Buckle."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-vegreville-homicide-investigation-1.5108361

Anyone find any progress reports on this investigation?

His obituary (compare the list of survivors with the people later arrested):
Obituary for Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle | Marshall's Funeral Home

"Roughly three weeks later, his family held a closed-casket funeral for the young man at the Chief James Okanee Memorial Centre on the Thunderchild First Nation in west-central Saskatchewan. One of the attendees, Tiki Laverdiere, 25, who travelled from Edmonton for the funeral, would disappear a short-time later...

Cook, who now lives in Edmonton, said her son was hanging around with a street organization known as Red Alert in Edmonton, but said she wasn't sure if her son had joined the gang. His Facebook profile listed him as a "striker" within the group.

"He kind of kept me in the dark when it came to stuff like that just because I never wanted something like this to happen," she said in an interview from Edmonton. She said Tristen started hanging out with the group around the time of his death, and shortly after, she started witnessing a transformation in her son. "He just changed on me. He wasn't the same Tristen," she said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/edmonton-homicides-1.5174958

So does his mother somehow blame Tiki for joining this gang? Totally unclear.

Tiki was his partner at times. In the funeral for her on and off partner, there’s no listing of her name. She attended the funeral. I believe she was lured there. No mistake. Give a false sense of safety, then the kidnapped her and killed her and buried her with a tractor.

Did the murder group blame poor Tiki for the death of the man whose funeral she attended?
i'm not gonna lie, i found some suspicious comments on some of her fb posts that seem to be codes for drugs (MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY) - like discussing if someone is bringing H20 but making it seem all secretive etc. i feel his family blames her for him getting involved with a gang and potentially drug activity, leading to his homicide. again... opinions

Tiki was his partner at times. In the funeral for her on and off partner, there’s no listing of her name. She attended the funeral. I believe she was lured there. No mistake. Give a false sense of safety, then the kidnapped her and killed her and buried her with a tractor.
what do they think she is responsible for, and how did they kill her? this is such an insane situation. she must've been scared outta her mind. her poor boys. and what happened to tristen anyway?

Shayla Orthner sentenced to 10 years for Tiki Laverdiere's death

Orthner, 30, was charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping, improperly interfering with a human body and theft of a vehicle. In April, she pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and entered a guilty plea to the lesser offence of manslaughter.
Those sentenced so far include: Nikita Cook from Onion Lake Cree Nation, Brent Checkosis from Poundmaker First Nation, Samuel Takakenew and Charles St. Savard from Edmonton, Mavis Takakenew and Danita Thomas from North Battleford.

Trials remain for Soaring Eagle Whitstone from Onion Lake Cree Nation, as well as Jesse Sangster and Nicole Cook from Edmonton.

Recently heard about this case, which I’m completely shocked it never had any news coverage in the east coast.

Are there any updates on the details of her case? I know the last trial is set for this upcoming friday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back