Identified! Canada - Toronto, Fem 20-40, Red Armani shirt, nail design, Dismem'd in bags, Mar'22 - Tien Ly

Another bump....

Last hearing was May 20, 2022....

I know it is Canada - no info allowed - but ya never know - there MIGHT be something out there! :)

All that showed up for now... rbbm.

''Ly is represented by her attorney Jessyca Greenwood. However, no Crown prosecutor has been assigned to the case.

Justice of the Peace Kevin Hunter of the Ontario Court of Justice imposed a publication ban on the case, so nothing more can be said.

The ban covers Crown evidence, as well as the circumstances in which Ly was arrested and the identities of people he forbade contact.

Dallas Ly is scheduled to return to court on May 20 for the commencement of the transfer of evidence from the Crown to the defense.''
The ban covers Crown evidence, as well as the circumstances in which Ly was arrested and the identities of people he forbade contact.

Dallas Ly is scheduled to return to court on May 20 (2022) for the commencement of the transfer of evidence from the Crown to the defense.

The defense wanted their client to appear by the end of April, but the justice of the peace explained that his courtroom was not a spanish inn. :oops: <--- me

Dallas Ly is scheduled to return to court on May 20 (2022) for the commencement of the transfer of evidence from the Crown to the defense.

The defense wanted their client to appear by the end of April, but the justice of the peace explained that his courtroom was not a spanish inn. :oops: <--- me

So no articles about the 5/20/22 hearing then... dang...

I didn't know there was such a thing as an 'accidental murder'

And here I thought this was a recent article. Nope - from April 2022.

So - NO "new" news?

1714482666883.png

“Dallas Ly sat quietly in a downtown Toronto courtroom Monday as assistant Crown attorney Jay Spare told the jury that it is an admitted fact that Ly stabbed Thanh “Tien” Ly and caused her death.[…]

“Before Mr. Ly has the opportunity to testify, you will hear evidence of a gruesome death, a feeble attempt to conceal it, and a bad decision to try to run away,” said Sciarra.

Sciarra told the jury that this case is really about things that happen behind closed doors. He said Dallas is expected to testify that his mother was physically, psychologically and emotionally abusive for practically his entire life.

The defence said it’s anticipated Dallas will say his mother told him it would be disgraceful to tell others that he had to be physically disciplined or show them his bruises and scars because it was evidence that he was a bad child.[…]

A forensic psychiatrist is also expected to testify for the defence that based on his opinion, Ly, as a victim of child abuse, developed symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.”

Tuesday, April 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ am ET) - Canada - Thanh "Tien" Ly (46) (found Mar. 28, 2022 on a sidewalk in the area of Eastern & Berkshire avenues, west of Leslie Street, around 1:30pm in a garbage bag dismembered; ID'd on Mar. 31, 2022, Toronto) - *Dallas Ly (20/now 22) son arrested & charged (4/2/22) & arraigned (4/3/22) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody (4/3/22).
Trial begin on 4/29/24.
Assistant Crown attorney Jay Spare. Defence lawyer Marco Sciarra.

Case & court info from 3/28/22 thru 4/2/22 reference post #30 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-dismemd-in-bags-mar22-tien-ly.617112/page-2

4/3/22 Update: Ly made a brief zoom court appearance via telephone from 55 Division on Sunday morning where he was remanded in custody. He is set to appear again Friday, 4/8/22. 4/8/22 Update: Ly is represented by his attorney Jessyca Greenwood. However, no Crown prosecutor has been assigned to the case. Justice of the Peace Kevin Hunter of the Ontario Court of Justice imposed a publication ban on the case, so nothing more can be said. The ban covers Crown evidence, as well as the circumstances in which Ly was arrested & the identities of people he forbade contact. Ly is scheduled to return to court on 5/20/22 for the commencement of the transfer of evidence from the Crown to the defense.'' New trial set to begin on 4/29/24.
4/29/24 Monday, Trial Day 1: Opening statements by Assistant Crown attorney Jay Spare & Defence lawyer Marco Sciarra. Defense says Dallas will testify in his case. Trial continues on 4/30/24.
for more info see post #69 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-dismemd-in-bags-mar22-tien-ly.617112/page-4.

The ban covers Crown evidence, as well as the circumstances in which Ly was arrested & the identities of people he forbade contact... what does 'identities of people he forbade contact' part mean?

The ban covers Crown evidence, as well as the circumstances in which Ly was arrested & the identities of people he forbade contact... what does 'identities of people he forbade contact' part mean?
Two years ago a judge applied a publication ban. From how it sounds, Dallas was forbidden to contact certain people, and their names were kept under the same privacy seal.(That’s how I interpreted it.)

From this post and attached article:

They may simply be witnesses in general. For example, employees at the nail salon or his friends he may have confided in. I imagine the people closest to both of them were interviewed by the police and might be called to testify.

Last edited:
“On the night of the stabbing, Ly will testify his mother became enraged when he told her he was leaving their home, Sciarra told court.

"Mr. Ly saw red and killed his own mother in that first and only attempt to leave his abusive home," he said.

A forensic psychiatrist will testify that Ly was a victim of child abuse and had developed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.

The trial was unexpectedly adjourned Tuesday and is set to resume on Wednesday.”

Wednesday, May 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ am ET) - Canada – Thanh “Tien” Ly (46) (found Mar. 28, 2022 on a sidewalk in the area of Eastern & Berkshire avenues, west of Leslie Street, around 1:30pm in a garbage bag dismembered; ID'd on Mar. 31, 2022, Toronto) - *Dallas Ly (20/now 22) son arrested & charged (4/2/22) & arraigned (4/3/22) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody (4/3/22).
Trial begin on 4/29/24.

Case & court info from 3/28/22 thru 4/3/22 & Trial Day 1 (4/29/24) reference post #70 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-dismemd-in-bags-mar22-tien-ly.617112/page-4

4/30/24 Tuesday, Trial Day X: The trial was unexpectedly adjourned Tuesday & is set to resume on Wednesday, 5/1/24.
for more info see post #73 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-dismemd-in-bags-mar22-tien-ly.617112/page-4

He killed her and then went to the Salvation Army claiming to be a recent immigrant with no passport, but when he was ultimately arrested he had some identification under an assumed name.

There are parts missing for me. How was he planning to support himself? (Was there anything belonging to his mother missing?) There seems to have been some thought put into this crime, imo.

From the article JDG linked above:

“Thanh Tien Ly, 46, owned a Rosedale nail salon at Yonge St. and Davenport Rd. where her only child also worked doing reception and billing.[…]

On March 30, 2022, the Crown said Ly turned up at the Hamilton Salvation Army where he told the case manager he was a refugee claimant from China named Yune Yi and his passport had been confiscated when he arrived in Toronto five days earlier.

According to the prosecutor, when Ly was arrested for murder April 2, he had a cut on his left index finger and police found documentation in the name of Yi and a pair of grey pants stained with blood that tested as a “high probability” of coming from Thanh Tien Ly.[…]

<What he told one of his friends after the murder:>

Early on March 28, she received a message from Ly, saying “I couldn’t be the better person for this long” and that “I really listened to myself once and this was the end result.””

In February, it was an ‘accidental’ murder (linked above in thread) and now it’s an ‘I saw red’ murder.

This should be a very short trial; it doesn’t matter WHY he killed her, it’s THAT he killed her.

The rest of the story does not really matter to the world at large.

If this is how he reacts after ‘listening to myself’, lock him up.

Thursday, May 2nd:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ am ET) - Canada – Thanh “Tien” Ly (46) (found Mar. 28, 2022 on a sidewalk in the area of Eastern & Berkshire avenues, west of Leslie Street, around 1:30pm in a garbage bag dismembered; ID'd on Mar. 31, 2022, Toronto) - *Dallas Ly (20/now 22) son arrested & charged (4/2/22) & arraigned (4/3/22) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody (4/3/22).
Trial began on 4/29/24.

Case & court info from 3/28/22 thru 4/3/22 & Trial Day 1 (4/29/24) reference post #70 here:

4/30/24 Tuesday, Trial Day X: The trial was unexpectedly adjourned Tuesday & is set to resume on Wednesday, 5/1/24.
5/1/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 2: No info yet. Trial continues on Thursday, 5/2/24.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back