Spain Canary Islands - Gary Shearer 53, UK citizen, last seen at Bar 67, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, 16 Mar 2023

Lyndaloo

Reaction score

Gary travelled to Lanzarote on 16th March to celebrate St Patrick’s day, he checked into his hotel in Playa del Carmen and spent the afternoon by the pool. That evening he went to bar 67, a celtic pub near to his hotel. This was the last known sighting of Gary, he never returned to his hotel, his bed was never slept in and all his belongings were left in his room including money, passport & medication. Gary is epileptic & prone to seizures.
Gary is around 5’2, with black/grey hair and walks with a limp. Last seen wearing a Celtic top, and white trainers with green & yellow.

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard of this case, he mustn’t be getting much media coverage? Anyway, hoping the family can find Gary safe & well soon.
Not much media coverage at all & and no cctv released I have been following mainly on Facebook & it seems he was last seen outside shops near bar 67, passers by apparently checking on him & he was unresponsive, no one thought to call for help for Gary This was the 1st night of his holiday, he is epileptic and also diabetic. I believe Gary’s elderly parents & sister are out in Lanzarote now and have organised a search for him but he hasn’t yet been found.

I've admittedly not been online much recently but this is the first time I've heard of Gary being missing. I'm a Celtic fan and haven't even seen anything shared from fan groups which is really odd.

Have been to bar 67 a few times, it's right by the beach which is very worrying. Do we know what hotel he was staying at?

I've admittedly not been online much recently but this is the first time I've heard of Gary being missing. I'm a Celtic fan and haven't even seen anything shared from fan groups which is really odd.

Have been to bar 67 a few times, it's right by the beach which is very worrying. Do we know what hotel he was staying at?
Dalsglen would you mind sharing Gary’s disappearance on any Celtic pages / forums that you are a member of? I’m sure the family would really appreciate it, the more people that know he’s missing hopefully the more chance of finding him. I did suggest to the Family via pm they could perhaps ask Celtic to show Gary on big screen at next home match & also to see if they could get any Celtic players to tweet about it as they would have huge amounts of followers.
I’m sure I read he was staying at the OASIS which I believe was quite near to bar 67?

” An update on the Find Gary Shearer online appeal page on Wednesday read: "The last confirmed sighting we have of Gary now is between around 11:30pm-12:30am outside of Bar67 where he was laying unconscious.

There has been nothing since."

This doesn’t sound good at all :(

Celtic fan missing in Lanzarote last seen 'unconscious' outside pub
“The family of a Celtic fan who vanished in the Canary Islands have discovered CCTV footage showing him lying 'unconscious' outside a bar doorway.”

i just can’t understand this at all, if cctv has him unconscious in a doorway then surely that same cctv should have also seen him get up & wander away if that’s what happened? Should have also seen anyone who approached him in that doorway. I’m completely baffled tbh & my heart goes out to his poor family who have no answers & no help from the police over there. My concern is if something sinister happened to Gary, would the police try to cover it up for tourism’s sake….just moo :(
Regarding Gary being laid on the ground unconscious, how on earth has been able to leave the spot and disappear?

Last edited:
I wonder if they thought he was a drunk tourist and moved him further down the beach away from the bar to sleep it off. Obviously not knowing he was diabetic and epileptic...both conditions extremely worrying if he was seen unconscious
should Gary have been moved by another person / persons it should have been caught on the same cctv that showed him lying unconscious in the doorway? I wonder it family have been allowed to view cctv from that camera continuously from when Gary was seen lying in the doorway until it shows him not to be there, Its just not feasible for him to just disappear from it unless the camera was a rotating camera rather than a fixed camera.

should Gary have been moved by another person / persons it should have been caught on the same cctv that showed him lying unconscious in the doorway? I wonder it family have been allowed to view cctv from that camera continuously from when Gary was seen lying in the doorway until it shows him not to be there, Its just not feasible for him to just disappear from it unless the camera was a rotating camera rather than a fixed camera.
Or the camera suddenly stopped working mysteriously

Could you post the link to street view please Kaykedi? Also if anyone’s good with maps, could someone post bar 67 together with oasis hotel to give us an idea of distance please?
Lyndaloo, I can't post a link, sorry. I just went into Google, typed in Apartmentos LIVVO Oasis Puerto del Carmen (where Gary was staying), then clicked on directions. On the page it took me to I typed in Bar 67 and 'steps' where I was able to have a good look around the area on street view. I hope you will be able to do the same (if you haven't already). It's 2.2 km from LIVVO Oasis to Bar 67

Last edited:
Lyndaloo, I can't post a link, sorry. I just went into Google, typed in Apartmentos LIVVO Oasis Puerto del Carmen (where Gary was staying), then clicked on directions. On the page it took me to I typed in Bar 67 and 'steps' where I was able to have a good look around the area on street view. I hope you will be able to do the same (if you haven't already). It's 2.2 km from LIVVO Oasis to Bar 67

thanks Kaykedi, I did manage to find it on Google maps & did a screenshot which I will post here, with the map I’ve managed it bring up the distance is only 800m.

Attachments

• E8BFBE3F-8F05-4A62-9AED-99A0FCA3617A.png
    E8BFBE3F-8F05-4A62-9AED-99A0FCA3617A.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 15
  • A28459C2-FAC6-40DE-93ED-641EBBA9FD29.png
    A28459C2-FAC6-40DE-93ED-641EBBA9FD29.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
thanks Kaykedi, I did manage to find it on Google maps & did a screenshot which I will post here. I am really surprised the distance between them is 2.2km as it looks so close on the map.
Oh, brilliant. Agree regarding the distance appearing shorter. I've stayed on the same street as the Oasis and walked to the strip where Bar 67 is, I don't remember it being that far!

Oh, brilliant. Agree regarding the distance appearing shorter. I've stayed on the same street as the Oasis and walked to the strip where Bar 67 is, I don't remember it being that far!

When did you visit if you don’t mind me asking? Did you hear of / witness any crime in the area? I have read that spiking is rife in the area although I have no evidence of this & haven’t seen anything reported in mainstream media however if that was the case I don’t think LE would want it published incase it damaged tourism, all moo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63
Back