Spain Canary Islands - Gary Shearer 53, UK citizen, last seen at Bar 67, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, 16 Mar 2023

When did you visit if you don’t mind me asking? Did you hear of / witness any crime in the area? I have read that spiking is rife in the area although I have no evidence of this & haven’t seen anything reported in mainstream media however if that was the case I don’t think LE would want it published incase it damaged tourism, all moo.
It's a few years ago since I last holidayed there Lyndaloo. I've been quite a few times though. Yes to hearing about crimes unfortunately. Theft is most common I believe. But, it's not an everyday event. Spiking will be happening too

“We went to the police in Scotland and they got in touch with Interpol, who contacted the police over there, but they have heard nothing back either”
The last sighting of him was on CCTV at around 1.30am, when he was lying unconscious in a shop doorway next to the pub.
Several passers-by spotted him but did not raise the alarm.

Danny fears Gary had forgotten which hotel he was staying at and may have crossed the road with the intention of going to sleep on a beach opposite Bar 67.

At the time of his disappearance, Gary had 70 euros, having left the rest of his holiday money in the hotel safe.

“We went to the police in Scotland and they got in touch with Interpol, who contacted the police over there, but they have heard nothing back either”
The last sighting of him was on CCTV at around 1.30am, when he was lying unconscious in a shop doorway next to the pub.
Several passers-by spotted him but did not raise the alarm.

Danny fears Gary had forgotten which hotel he was staying at and may have crossed the road with the intention of going to sleep on a beach opposite Bar 67.

At the time of his disappearance, Gary had 70 euros, having left the rest of his holiday money in the hotel safe.
From link, ty. rbbm,
1682033510335.png
Gary Shearer (right) with his stepfather Danny at Celtic Park before his trip to Lanzarote (Image: Sourced)
''Gary suffers from epilepsy and type 2 diabetes.''
1682033769970.png
When last seen, he was wearing a hooped Celtic top, shorts and white Nike trainers with green and yellow flashes.
He has short hair, is 5ft 2ins tall and walks with a distinctive limp.

Police in Spain have asked anyone who has information on Gary's whereabouts to contact them.
Information can also be passed to Gary's family by calling 0772 209 4907 or 0730 524 3618.''

The efforts certainly sound poor.

Why has that bloke seen on the CCTV walking with Gary not come forward? I suppose there's a chance the chap left Lanzarote shortly after, isn't from Scotland and subsequently hasn't seen anything on the news as it's been more local to Scotland than nation wide etc. Much of the time, I see things on here to do with Scotland, that I've never seen on the news.

From this article:

Gary Watson Shearer disappeared hours after he arrived on the Canary Island to celebrate St Patrick's Day on March 17. The 53-year-old checked into his hotel in Puerto del Carmen before heading to Bar 67.
[...]
He was last seen on CCTV lying unconscious in a doorway near the bar at 1.30am the following morning.
[...]
But now his family say Spanish police have discovered previously unseen footage of Gary with another man, which officials intend to release.
[...]
Footage from the night Gary went missing show him in high spirits as he mixed with fellow punters at the bar.
[...]
However, Spanish police have now told us that they have CCTV of Gary with another man and they are unsure if this is a brief encounter or more.
[...]
Gary suffers from epilepsy and type-2 diabetes; walks with a distinctive limp and was wearing a green and white Celtic football top, white shorts, and white trainers when he went missing.
end

From this article:

Now fresh footage released by his family via the Find Gary Shearer Facebook page shows Gary with another man in the hours leading up to his disappearance. Images show them walking along the Avenida Las Playas and Avenida Italia in Puerto del Carmen.
[...]
"For this reason, he asks for help to locate the person in the image, having had contact with the disappeared person, since he is seen in some images walking together on March 17, 2023, on Avenida Las Playas and Avenida Italia in Puerto del Carmen, in the municipality of Tías. The objective is to provide data that may be of interest for the investigation."

The male is described as being between 60 and 70 years old with a strong complexion and grey hair. He is believed to have been wearing a light brown sports jacket, white shirt and long dark pants.
end

The CCTV walking with the man was said to have been in the hours leading up to his disappearance so before he was seen lying in the doorway. If they have the CCTV of him lying in the door way then they have CCTV of him getting up/making off?

Here's hoping beyond hope the guy in the CCTV is heading back out for St Patricks day. Being between 60-70 there's a huge chance this person doesn't have social media etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back