Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

When I was 7 we moved to a new house. That house had 5 sets of sliding doors. I remember having to push the door open, I couldn't just slide it.
It was too heavy for me.
~take that for what it may be worth.

I think that if you look at Caylee in that dress her hair was very long, this little girl does not have long hair and also the arm looks weird. I think it's photoshopped is there a way to prove that?

She could have been waving. Her arm could have been outstretched, just touching the glass.

The photoshopper would have had to erase her original forearm and hand and then fill in matching background objects (trees, exterior wall).

1. The arm is curving unnaturally. Go open a sliding door, both with palm facing you and facing the door. When the palm faces you, your elbow goes out. When the palm faces the door, which is a very unnatural way to open the door, the upper arm stays straight (since your arm bones don't bend all that much.) Her arm is curving in a more circular fashion.

Caylee is reaching upwards and forwards. The handle is 3-6" in front of her shoulder joint. Look how the door is recessed and she is still standing outside the recess (into the room). This creates an illusion of a curved arm instead of an angle at the elbow.

2. Her left arm looks longer than her right.

Illusion.

3. Her left arm looks much skinnier than her right.

4. The skin tones between the two parts of her arm look different.

5. The lighting looks odd on the part of the arm reaching up.

These are all because her left side is backlit with the sunlight from the outdoors. The left arm and face have undefined outlines because of the backlighting. This is fairly common in low-resolution digital photos and video.

One more thing why would you take this picture? Why would you take a picture of a little girl without her face showing?

I totally agree that the arm opening the door looks hinky. It is rounding too much, when the natural tendency would be for there to be some kind of angle at the elbow due to the elbow going outward as the hand grips the door. Every time I have looked at the photo, it's not the height of the child (I think it is Caylee), but something odd about that left arm I'm drawn to. It looks too long and skinny also.

I think it's photoshopped.

That just seems like a huge risk... If the State questioned the photo, it would be incredibly easy to determine if the pixels had been manipulated. I've seen the DT make some not so bright choices, but I'm pretty sure that knowingly submitting false evidence must have some pretty severe repercussions. Is one photo of her and a sliding glass worth it?

My 2cents...... This looks like a photo from a video. A screen shot. To me this explains the blurriness, odd appearance.
She doesn't look abnormally tall to me, she seems to be age/height appropriate. My youngest daughter is 6 months younger than Caylee but is very petite. My 7 year old daughter was at the very top of the growth chart until she was 4.5 years old.
All acceptable to the pediatrician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this is Caylee. To me, it is her hair, especially the way it is put up and the hairline in the back.

The picture in my opinion does not really show that Caylee was able to open the door. No one knows the circumstances around how this photo was taken. For some reason, I have a feeling that an adult opened this door in order for the dogs to go out and Caylee was more than likely standing at the door calling them to either come back in or just watching them make "poopie"
For someone to take this picture, because it is not what you would normally depict in a photo, there must have been a significant reason for it to be taken. I personally think it was because something was funny, Caylee may have been very intrigued by what the dogs were doing in the yard and the adults around her thought it funny enough to capture the moment. KWIM?

Right, whether the pic is elongated or not, the relationship of the child to the door handle is the main part of the evidence. I think the pic remains in evidence and that the court has no issue with it.
I agree. Personally, I think it's Caylee.

I think that if you look at Caylee in that dress her hair was very long, this little girl does not have long hair...

Notice that the hair is tied-up or in a bun. You can see a bulging mass of hair extending out behind the head.

4111.jpg

One more thing why would you take this picture? Why would you take a picture of a little girl without her face showing?
I've taken pictures of my son that don't show his face. They were meant to, but he turned too quick when his attention drifted to the next shiny thing. I never delete pictures of my 'lil man.

Did the medical examiner also say that 100% of photos of children show their face? :waitasec:

I think that if you look at Caylee in that dress her hair was very long, this little girl does not have long hair and also the arm looks weird. I think it's photoshopped is there a way to prove that?
To me it looks like Caylee's hair is up in that picture. I don't think it's hinky, but the lighting and angle make it seem odd.

It is a very unclear picture. I wonder if it was taken with a low pix. phone camera.
I think the pose looks natural - I don´t think it was photoshopped (I do a lot of photoshopping myself). The only problem I have with the picture is that it is a strange (and convenient) coincidence that they have a photo of Caylee opening that door.

It isn't any kind of evidence she drowned in the pool anyway. I think it's weak evidence.

Thank you! JVM said that with the publishing of these photos there is now just as much evidence that she drowned as there is that she was killed. I couldn't believe she said that. These are photos out of context and do nothing to take away from the fact she was found with duct tape on her face, triple bagged and thrown out. It goes back to what Dr G said, there is no rational reason for any of the circumstances to have happened if it was an accident.

What is the white rectangle to the left of that left arm, jutting out from it? I distinctly see two corners. Is it something outside, or again, really bad Photoshop job?

everyone saying this is photoshopped, have any of you actually ever used photoshop?

everyone saying this is photoshopped, have any of you actually ever used photoshop?

Yes. I've altered photos with it, too (though not trial evidence or anything). I think the lack of trust of the defense and the Anthonys has our hinky meters up. The second I saw that photo for the first time, something seemed off to me, before I read anything here, and I realized it was that arm, and once I saw others expressing the same thought here today, my hinky meter went higher.

I guess we can argue it all day, but it still does nothing to prove the girl drowned (or that it's even Caylee, even though it looks to be).

If it is Caylee it is not the day she supposedly got into the pool right? Didn't she have on shorts when her body was found? Or are they just using this pic to show she could open the door? I think they should have had a frame lock on the door high enough that she could not reach it. Our frame lock is at the very top of the door and would be difficult for a kid to get to or open.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back