Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

Well, I have worked with photoshop for over ten years and I have studied anatomy both in art and in medicine so I think I have a pretty good opinion on this. I do think the picture was photoshopped, if you notice, the right arm is fatter than the one reaching up. Now, if someone were trying to photoshop that arm to make it stretch all the way up there, they pull on it in photoshop w handle tools. An inexperienced photoshopper would pull only on the length handle and not the corner handle, which would result in a longer arm, but skinnier. The corner handle keeps everything related (in other words if you lengthen, you would expand as well), and to me, this is clearly showing that they didn't use the corner handle. This looks like a student or a hack did it.

At first I just thought someone cut out Caylee's arm and put this one in its place, but if you look at the way one of her sholders is down and the other one is up, there would be no reason for her to be in that gestural pose, unless she was reaching for it. If I had a better picture, I could look at the pixelation reall close and tell for sure. Does anyone have a better copy of this pic?

Sorry I posted this in two places. Yikes.

I have - and it looks photoshopped to me. How tall was Caylee supposed to be? 4 feet?

At 2, she'd be well short of 4 ft. I have a 2 and a half year old who is huge for his age, and he's 41", so I'm guessing Caylee would be a bit shorter. My little guy can open our sliding door himself, if that helps.

It looks like the little girl is standing on tile, and the pic of the Anthony's living room looks like carpet?

I am almost positive Cindy testified there is a sliding glass door in her bedroom also.

found it to link there is 2 sliding glass doors in the house,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6579072&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Cindy Anthony's testimonies[/ame]

LDB: a patio on the back, how do you get to the patio?

either through master bedroom or the living room, the master has sliding glass doors and there are sliding glass doors in the living room.

Well, I have worked with photoshop for over ten years and I have studied anatomy both in art and in medicine so I think I have a pretty good opinion on this. I do think the picture was photoshopped, if you notice, the right arm is fatter than the one reaching up. Now, if someone were trying to photoshop that arm to make it stretch all the way up there, they pull on it in photoshop w handle tools. An inexperienced photoshopper would pull only on the length handle and not the corner handle, which would result in a longer arm, but skinnier. The corner handle keeps everything related (in other words if you lengthen, you would expand as well), and to me, this is clearly showing that they didn't use the corner handle. This looks like a student or a hack did it.

At first I just thought someone cut out Caylee's arm and put this one in its place, but if you look at the way one of her sholders is down and the other one is up, there would be no reason for her to be in that gestural pose, unless she was reaching for it. If I had a better picture, I could look at the pixelation reall close and tell for sure. Does anyone have a better copy of this pic?

Sorry I posted this in two places. Yikes.
Reach up with one of your arms while bending the other at the elbow. The bent arm looks fatter.

Coupled with the angle and lighting, it looks hinky. I don't believe for a minute this picture is photoshopped.

What is the white rectangle to the left of that left arm, jutting out from it? I distinctly see two corners. Is it something outside, or again, really bad Photoshop job?

I can see that. Maybe a photographic expert should take a look at that picture.

I SWEAR her hand is not ON the handle but right next to it. Yes, it is the correct curvature but you can see the entire handle next to her hand- what would she be grasping????

looks to me to me a poor quality photo, NOT photoshop

I SWEAR her hand is not ON the handle but right next to it. Yes, it is the correct curvature but you can see the entire handle next to her hand- what would she be grasping????
I think it's just the sun hitting her hand, giving the illusion that her hand isn't touching the handle. The picture is poor quality.

Those athletic shoes have thick soles. Probably adding 1.5" to her height.

ahhh...but would she have shoes on if she was toddling out to the pool? Remember, no shoes were found at the site, and as far as I can recall (don't quote me) there were no shoes missing.

Which reminds me of the big broo-ha-ha Cindy made because she was donating Caylee's shoes. It even made the news for goodness sake.

Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother, e-mailed Local 6 News on Tuesday saying she will give the shoes to the nonprofit group ChildrenOfLove.org, which serves less-fortunate children.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24750620/detail.html

I don't know - the photo seems "stretched" to me -- if that makes any sense.

MOO

Mel

Just saw an excellent post in the sidebar thread I had to share, if it hasn't been done yet: couldn't she be closing the door in the photo? Maybe she just came in from outside!

Couldn't she be just about to grab, or letting go of the handle?

Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???

I have had a problem with the left hand and arm since I saw this photo. I do think it IS Caylee, however, it looks doctored to me. I use photo shop a lot and have for years and it just doesn't look right to me. If I had a bigger and better quality picture i could tell better, but, it does looked doctored to me.

This looks like a legit photo of a child opening the Anthony's back door to me, not photoshopped, and I have used Photoshop myself for years. The stance she is using is appropriate for a child that age, IMO, she is more prying open the door than sliding it open.

It looks to me like a screen shot from a video.

Surely if the video had shown Caylee able to fully open the door and escape, the DT would have shown the entire video. If this is from a video I would think more of the video would show that either (a) she was unable to actually get the door open, or (b) it was another child. I'm leaning towards the first option.

I think the pic is Caylee, and I have compared the legs, etc. to other pics and it looks like the same child. The fact that HLN is still showing it to viewers as evidence pics means to me there is no problem with the pic.

With all due respect and just out of curiosity, how would HLN know if there was a problem with the picture?

HLN gets way too many facts wrong for me to depend on them.

JMHO

It is a very unclear picture. I wonder if it was taken with a low pix. phone camera.
I think the pose looks natural - I don´t think it was photoshopped (I do a lot of photoshopping myself). The only problem I have with the picture is that it is a strange (and convenient) coincidence that they have a photo of Caylee opening that door.

All this and the coincidence that we have been through this before with a "Caylee" photo shot in a mall by one of the A''s detectives. Even if it is her I still do not think she had the upper body strength to open this door.

i dont think Caylee was opening the door due to the was her arm is positioned. I think it was opened for the dogs and Caylee was tring to open it further unsuccessfully. A 3yr olds arm strenght to me is not condusive to opening a what i am only gussing is a heavy door like that. It would help if the jury was allowed to take a field trip and try the door for themselves to see how easily (or difficult) the glide is. I know in the 90's when my kids were her age they could not open the patio doors not matter how hard they tried. At 3 they didnt get the glide aspect or have the manuel strength but maybe the anthony's have lighter doors than i did.
all that aside.... unless ICA put the ladder up and let Caylee drown i dont believe she died in the pool. CA is sure she put the ladder down and if Caylee drowned in the "early hours of the 16th" i think the anthony's would have heard someone entering the yard on the eve of 15th or am of 16th and swimming in their pool as they say may have happened due to the call from CA to GA about the ladder being up.
also, if Caylee did drown according to defense theory why was it not mentioned in the search for Caylee that morning that the door was open. I doubt Caylee closed it behind her. Wouldn't GA and ICA have noticed the door open while they were tearing thru the house, looking under beds, couches ect.

Those athletic shoes have thick soles. Probably adding 1.5" to her height.

Seems like I remember CA mentioning something about "water shoes" when she goes swimming...but, the sneakers just doesn't look right with this outfit....just feel like she would have on sandles or some other kind of dressy shoes..just don't look right.

Just saw an excellent post in the sidebar thread I had to share, if it hasn't been done yet: couldn't she be closing the door in the photo? Maybe she just came in from outside!
But it still means the same thing, IMO, Caylee could 'work' the slider.

My own opinion is that she could be trying to pull it open more, but can't. It's possible the slider was opened by Cindy just enough for some air, or the dogs, but not enough for Caylee to squeeze through and get out. The photo gives the impression that Caylee could open it by herself, and that's not conclusive, unless there's a video of her opening and closing the slider.

You should be concentrating on the areas where her arm might have been before being photoshopped out (not that I think it is likely). I can´t see that the photo has been photoshopped in any area her arm might have been.
And how do you explain the way she stands and where she stands. Or do you who believe it was photoshopped think the WHOLE Caylee was photoshopped into the picture of the door?

Hi, I am new here, just joined today actually. I did want to make my first comment on this thread. I will tell you about some of these sliding glass doors. I live in SW Fl & have since 1991.

My daughter was nearly 3 (younger than Caylee though at the time of her death) when she opened our door! I had gone out and left her with my husband & I too have a pool. I however have a lanai that is enclosed with another door that has a handle that is at the top of the door, then a pool barrier if she did manage to get beyond those doors. Long story short, my husband fell asleep, my daughter opened the door herself (it wasn't locked but closed) and sat on the lanai to play with the Sand Art. I came home and wanted to KILL him. The door slid very easy over the tracks. At that time the house (and door) was under 5 years old.

I also want to address the issue of the codes here in FL. When I had my pool installed, the codes were not in place yet, but I did take the extra precautions. I felt the door alarm wasn't as good as the enclosed lanai, the movement of the door handle from the lanai to the pool, and then the pool barrier. Yes, it was a lot of extra money, but worth every dime to me. When we were home, and the older kids were out in the pool, yes, the barrier was down. So it is possible that while there are codes in place here in FL, it doesn't mean that the family had the alarms set.

My point in a nut shell.... Caylee could have opened that door. Just because there are codes here in FL to have an alarm or pool barrier around your pool, it doesn't mean that it is on or up. It just means that you must have it to sell your home. They may not have been using it at the time when Caylee opened the door. I am not saying that I believe that Caylee did indeed drown as Baez is stating, that is the furthest from my mind. I think Casey accidentally killed her with Cholorform since she couldn't get a hold of any Xanax (Zanny the Nanny) that day. I am merely giving my 2 cents :twocents: on some things said about this picture..
As far as why would one keep a picture of their child without their face in it.. I have lots too... especially of them doing something like this.. I have tapes of my daughter walking for the first time.. all from the back view.. I have pictures of both my daughters swimming, you cannot even tell its them, I have pictures of my son with his baseball helmet on, from the back.. have no clue it's him if you didn't know.. like I said, I have lots of pictures of my children that do not show their faces..

On this picture, I am not sure if it's real or not. If it's real, it is a really bad picture.. not clear at all, unlike the others that were presented into evidence. I did think that her hand didn't look like it was on the handle too.. It was just too hard to tell.. and the furniture looked different. She appeared taller than what the shelf would be, but in the evidence picture, she is shorter than what it is???? that confused me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silver_fox
Back