Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

The photo in post #390 on here, Prof. I just looked at the nursing home video and Caylee was turning the pages of the book with her right hand.

IMO, these are NOT the same sneakers. Caylee's b'day pic shows, black/white/black from the sole up. In the pic with the child at the glass door, they are the opposite. White/black/white from the sole up and they appear to be "hightops". Caylee's were not hightips. This picture was injected into this case insinuating that Caylee could open that door, only THAT child was not Caylee. I'm convinced.

I think they are the same shoes.
shoes2.jpg

shoes1.jpg

I think they are the same shoes.
shoes2.jpg

shoes1.jpg

They do look like the same shoes but consider this: Kids at this age, in my experience with my 4 kids, are only in the same size shoe for 2,3,4 months. The birthday pictures were taken almost a full year before Caylee was murdered. If these are the same shoes and that really is Caylee in the photo at the sliding door than it was likely taken 8 months or more before she died. She was 37 inches when she died and would have been maybe 34-35 inches 8 months earlier in my estimation based on how my kids have grown. Didn't somebody upthread estimate that the girl at the door was 37" based on the measurements of the outlet? I am going to look for that post now.

Well never mind then, it says she was about 34" in this post here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6762210&postcount=29"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo[/ame]

However, this means that this picture was likely taken within a couple of months of her 2nd birthday making it even more unlikely that she would be able to open the door.

I don't think it was doctored at all. Taking too much of a chance playng with evidence and having someone know about it. Case is too high profile. Baez would not do that - only because he doesn't need to get caught and be disbarred - he has the trial of decade and he would not waste it on doctoring a photo. IMO.

I also think the jury did not like the prosecution. Linda and Ashton came across as very tough adversaries - I liked them, but they may have put the jurors off - I know Ashton did. Which is wrong, b ut it happens.

Ugh.

Yes, it happens. I didn't like Ashton's attitude and demeanor, but I respected that he was a very good attorney.

I don't think the photo was doctored either. I believe it was possible that an almost 3 year old could slide a glass door. I've seen it happen, when my g/d was 2-1/2. Besides, didn't Cindy mention that they left the door open a few inches so the dogs could go in and out? If a sliding door is already open a little ways, it would be easier to slide it further, than to release the latch and slide it at the same time.

I also have no doubt that an almost-3 year old could climb a pool ladder by herself. I had a barely 2. y.o. who climbed up on top of a 6 ft tall refrigerator by himself. I still to this day don't know how he managed to get from the counter which was the standard height, across about 3 feet to the top of that refrigerator. He was sitting up there laughing when we found him, eating the cookies my mother had stored up there.

I think it is caylee, but many do not.
Discuss. :)
4111.jpg

I don't doubt it's Caylee, but I know for a fact this photo has been photoshopped. One glaring piece of evidence is the double row of shoe on the back of her left foot.

I don't doubt it's Caylee, but I know for a fact this photo has been photoshopped. One glaring piece of evidence is the double row of shoe on the back of her left foot.

That's motion blur and it's common when you take a picture of something in motion. When I was a Paranormal investigator, this was one of my job, to analyze pictures.

Yes, I understand that but anyone with a brain would know that these doors are very heavy. And everyone at some point has experienced opening them. It was taken of her trying to open it - trying. Tracey and Dick who were Padillas assists. said the door was very very heavy and there was no way she could open it.

But I did not need them to tell me that.

I should have been on this jury.

I agree, Solace. I think the photo is real and perhaps Caylee is trying to open the door but it doesn't look, to me, like she would have had any success with the effort that is pictured here.

At Caylee's age and size she would have had to put both her little hands on the handle and push, using all her weight, against it to open it. . . not pulling it with her left hand! IMO, her little left arm is already showing the strain of the effort in the awkward bend of her wrist and elbow.

All this photo proves to me is that Cindy must have spent a heck of a lot of time and thought, pouring through every single photo she owned, searching for anything that might help Casey. Unfortunately, her time and search seems to have paid off very well. :twocents:

That's motion blur and it's common when you take a picture of something in motion. When I was a Paranormal investigator, this was one of my job, to analyze pictures.

Someone here did an analysis on the photo, and I don't see how the shoe is just a blur - also, the arms are different lengths....

http://rain2river.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/My_Analysis_of_Photo_Manipulation.17584714_std.jpg

I also find the odd shadowing on just the bottom half of her body and only the right arm telling. What's with the shadow on the left leg? Why no shadowing on the dress?

Also, that foot would seem to be, logically, the only part of her body NOT in motion, right?

I seen this picture early on. Why people think it is NOT Caylee ,is beyond me...

I have not seen that many who say it is not
Caylee. Although, it is logical to question, since we only have the back of a child in this pic.

What I gathered holistically from this entire thread is that many posters seem to think this photo is questionable.

IMO this photo just does not look natural.

I think it seems unnatural in a few areas:

Pic quality: Not only does the pic look tweaked in the arm, the pic looks tweaked in the hand.

Child Development in Grasp/reach: Typically, a toddler will turn gaze and body toward target of hand. The grasp on this pic is tight and focused, but the toddler is not. Typically, a toddler will reach and grasp with thumb up. The other pics we have of her she grasps with thumb up. Her last video clearly shows the stage of fine motor and nonlocomotor development she was in, normal for a two year old. IMO the more natural reach grasp upward would have been with thumb up palm out, and she would need to focus on such a tight grasp with the rest of her body. It is out of whack here. The tight closed awkward angle grasp, thumb turned downward, does not look right for a toddler, especially since she is grasping with her left hand and she is right handed.

Purpose of pic: JB's line of questioning with this pic did not involve whether or not Caylee could open door. He seemed to let the pic speak for itself. IMO

Further, IMO if the door was heavy and difficult to open, but was slightly ajar, I would push on the frame, and I think most babies would, as well.

Lastly, I did not change aspect ratio. I cropped and ramped up the contrast to simply show what my eye sees in the arm.

Cayleedoor.jpg

Lastly, I did not change aspect ratio. I cropped and ramped up the contrast to simply show what my eye sees in the arm.

Cayleedoor.jpg

You must have started out with an image with an altered aspect ratio. Again it's that Modigliani painting look that I posted about earlier. Check out the right elbow angle in your image... it's all messed up. That's because the aspect ratio is wrong.

Here is the correct aspect ratio...

attachment.php

Attachments

• caylee at door.jpg
    caylee at door.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 246

There is an illusion with the left shoe. It is not "double row" or "stacked" by Photoshop. I think these shoes are the same ones worn in the birthday video.

At the back of the foot opening the show has a "tab" (or whatever you would call it) that sticks up. That tab has a black and white pattern.

Below is an example shoe with a tab. I can't find her exact shoes on the web, but this example shows what I mean by a "tab". I don't know if it's there to help pull on the shoe or for some kind of support, or what. With Caylee's shoes, that tab can cause the shoe to look extra tall when viewed from behind.

Here is the birthday video again. It's poor quality, but at the very beginning there are moments when you can see the tab in a side view.

035B024016020001

I can't believe there is this much discussion regarding this photograph. She was trying to open the door - does not mean she did. These doors are heavy - she is trying to open the door.

Why is so much being made about this photograph. KC is free - does it really matter.

Just curious why there is so much discussion about it.

I can't believe there is this much discussion regarding this photograph. She was trying to open the door - does not mean she did. These doors are heavy - she is trying to open the door.

Why is so much being made about this photograph. KC is free - does it really matter.

Just curious why there is so much discussion about it.

Any discussion from here on out about anything presented as evidence that looks hinky I would think is to bring attention to it so it's not permitted to happen again. When you stop asking questions justice will take a back seat. Didn't this jury prove it can happen? jmo

There is an illusion with the left shoe. It is not "double row" or "stacked" by Photoshop. I think these shoes are the same ones worn in the birthday video.

At the back of the foot opening the show has a "tab" (or whatever you would call it) that sticks up. That tab has a black and white pattern.

Below is an example shoe with a tab. I can't find her exact shoes on the web, but this example shows what I mean by a "tab". I don't know if it's there to help pull on the shoe or for some kind of support, or what. With Caylee's shoes, that tab can cause the shoe to look extra tall when viewed from behind.

Here is the birthday video again. It's poor quality, but at the very beginning there are moments when you can see the tab in a side view.

035B024016020001

Do you see where the blue ends and the white begins at the top of the tab in your picture? In the picture of Caylee, the blue ends, there's a white stripe, and the blue begins again.

Yes, it happens. I didn't like Ashton's attitude and demeanor, but I respected that he was a very good attorney.

I don't think the photo was doctored either. I believe it was possible that an almost 3 year old could slide a glass door. I've seen it happen, when my g/d was 2-1/2. Besides, didn't Cindy mention that they left the door open a few inches so the dogs could go in and out? If a sliding door is already open a little ways, it would be easier to slide it further, than to release the latch and slide it at the same time.

I also have no doubt that an almost-3 year old could climb a pool ladder by herself. I had a barely 2. y.o. who climbed up on top of a 6 ft tall refrigerator by himself. I still to this day don't know how he managed to get from the counter which was the standard height, across about 3 feet to the top of that refrigerator. He was sitting up there laughing when we found him, eating the cookies my mother had stored up there.

According to Padilla's people, the door was much too heavy for Caylee to move. I have opened those kinds of doors and they are heavy and she did not open it. They found a picture and the jury bit. Not surprising since they don't have much going forthemselves in the way of looking at the evidence, which they did not.

If this was from a video don't you think it is strange that we did not get to see the video and only this one still photo. jmo

Yes.

I think the original was a video and I think the reason the jury didn't see the video was because Caylee could not open the door.

I still can't believe the foreman thought this was proof Caylee could open the door.

IMO

Yes.

I think the original was a video and I think the reason the jury didn't see the video was because Caylee could not open the door.

I still can't believe the foreman thought this was proof Caylee could open the door.

IMO

...also--------if they believed that caylee COULD open that door, and DID, wandering out and proceeding to drown herself...

..then why did george and kc turn the house upside down looking for her??? the OPEN patio door should have been a clue to go outdoors...

..(and seriously---how on earth would caylee have got into the garage--she could open that door too? )

--baez---opening statement:

On June 16, 2008 Casey was home with Caylee and so was her father. Early morning hours, the exact time is not known. It could have been early afternoon, actually it was early morning hours. George Anthony approached Casey and started yelling at her, "Where‟s Caylee? Where‟s Caylee?"

They begin to search the house. They couldn‟t find her. They searched in the bedrooms. They searched under the beds, in the closets, in the garage. Then they went outside.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](Baez putting up poster board) [/FONT][/FONT]This is a mock up of the Anthony home, where you will see they both came outside. Casey came around to the left of the house [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](as Baez points to the board) [/FONT][/FONT]George went that way towards the pool. They have an above ground pool with a ladder, and we‟ll talk about the pool and the ladder in just a moment, but what happened next is, as soon as Casey came around this corner and went back, she saw George Anthony holding Caylee in his arms.

She immediately grabbed Caylee and began to cry and cry and cry. And shortly thereafter George began to yell at her. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](Baez raising his voice very loud) [/FONT][/FONT]"Look what you‟ve done! Your mother will never forgive you and you will go to jail for child neglect for the rest of your frikkin life!"

035B024016020001

What you are calling the "tab" is a part of the shoe that helps keep the heel of the childs foot from slipping out of the shoe when walking and/or running. Children usually have a rather narrow heel and the shoes will ride up and down without an extra padded part to help keep the shoe in place on their feet. I worked as an Assistant Manager at a Stride Rite store (childrens shoes) for 2 1/2 years.

Also, as someone had mentioned above, yes a child will outgrow not only their shoes but also their clothes on average from 3 to 6 months depending on their age. A child under the age of 3 usually needs a larger size shoe every 3 months. If a child has a wide foot the child will need new shoes more often than every 3 months. If a child has a narrow foot the child will need new shoes less often and usually around every 5 months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back