Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO excited and nervous! I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting to hear closing arguments.

May Jodi get everything she deserves!

Justice For Travis and his family!
I'm so darn nervous, and sick to my stomach for someone facing all of this. How does Arias show up everyday and sit there as she does ?

Silly of me to think the Judge would have counsel in chambers early so this court day could start on time.....what was I thinking.................shaking my head.:drumroll:

My understanding about objections during closing arguments is that they are allowed, however, it is considered professional courtesy to refrain as much as possible.

wp5ro.jpg

I am hearing from HLN that Juan walked in cool as a cucumber.

Well what else do you expect HLN? :) When has this man not been ready to go in swiftly and smoothly, making sense out of everything? No loud pen noises on the microphone, slow droning, high voices, silly tales. Nothing but a waltz and a whole lot of sense.

This Jury is very lucky, they have this case in a beautiful little package, wrapped up with a dark blue bow. Juan does not leave things to wonder and ponder.

Oh yes and of course let's remember dear Jury...
No Jury Will Convict Me And You Can Mark My Words Not Jury Will Convict Me

2zz0z7a.jpg

Convict her!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 37s

Wild feels like he is at graduation. Wild will have to say good bye to all his media friends and WAT followers at trial :( #JodiArias

---

Aww bless him.

Did I miss Juan's closing? Crap , got company coming tonight and hubby is giving me grief..clean clean clean.

No! They haven't started yet. Jury instructions to come, Closing arguments after. No worries.

WHY do I come home for lunch and only have SEAL??

What the he!! does the defense want now? Another Mistrial??

My guess is that they are arguing over the instructions that will be given to the jury. The Judge doesn't pick them on her own, it's a collaboration between all of the parties.

YAY!!! My internet is back! OMG I was like a crazy person here! I thought it was the Universe punishing me for rearranging my work schedule! Been feeling a bit irresponsible lately.
Thank heavens its back! I lost landline, net and cable all at exactly 12:30 EST.... Good thing I'm not really paranoid!!!
TY Nash for letting me have my fit to you via text! :)

My heart is in my throat today.....praying for continued strength for the Alexander family and for clarity of mind for JM as he wraps it up with a nice little bow for this jury (as if he needs it).

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

:please:

It is still breakfast time here, so making a fresh pot of Italian Roast coffee, to go with my Kahlua. :giggle: I am ready for Juan.

:juanettes:

Has anybody heard anything about the DT being allowed to have Crime of Passion in the jury instructions? I am assuming we will know as we hear them this morning

I see a lot of differences between this and the CA trial. Tons. But, to your point, I do believe the juror questions have helped us to see the jury. Whether we think the questions have been pro prosecution or pro defense, they have all been thoughtful and show careful consideration of testimony and evidence. Having worked as jury coordinator on death penalty cases, that, to me, is the sign of an excellent jury. In fact, that's all I could ask for in this case. Give me a jury that will carefully deliberate, pay attention to even the minute evidence, and seriously consider all options. I am never afraid of a jury that will consider all evidence. I am scared to death of one that will only consider one side.

And, just to add, my experience is that even on a death penalty qualified jury, it is very very sobering for a jury to know that their decision could end someone's life. It is one thing to be part of the crowd on WS calling for the death penalty. But, it is entirely different to be one of the 12 who makes it happen, knowing if you held out, the person wouldn't die. For a person of conscience, that is VERY difficult no matter what you believe about guilt and the death penalty. This jury will have to be very courageous to do what the evidence demands from them, no matter how tough it is.

Personally, on facebook, I saw a post from Travis' sister asking us to pray and fast for the jury on Sunday, before the case will likely be presented to them. I will be joining her for the jury's wisdom, courage, and strength in a very difficult case - even with so much overwhelming evidence. Your average person with conscience would have a very difficult time in deliberations, no matter how obvious the evidence seems. It is just such a sad, heartbreaking case with no true winners. Only justice.

This is not to say that I don't think the jury will do what they have to do. I believe this jury is the kind (from the questions) of jury that is needed for this case. Just from my own experience working with jurors, my heart goes out to them. I know they do not take this lightly. And, I know how heartwrenching it will be for them if they ultimately do have to render a DP verdict. (Writing that, I want to note, I absolutely believe in JA's tremendous guilt. I am only speaking to how tough it is to be part of a death penalty jury where the evidence will likely require very substantial consideration of the death penalty - not easy for any one of the 12).

I believe that Travis has the best prosecutor and the type of jury that justice demands. Praying for justice and praying for those who have to render it.

Mormon,
LWOP is fine with me. As long as the jury finds she premeditated this murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indigomari