Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Redwine trial: Defense witness says Dylan bled in home before disappearance

On Monday, Karen Alexander, who dated Redwine for several months, testified that she saw Dylan cut his finger while she was visiting the family around Labor Day 2011. She testified that Dylan was cutting meat for dinner when he cut his finger, and that he bled a few drops on the floor of the living room. The bleeding was stopped with a paper towel and a Band-Aid, she said.

On cross examination, she admitted she’d never before mentioned to law enforcement that Dylan had cut his finger, although she was interviewed twice by the FBI in 2012 and 2013 and shared numerous other details about her trip that weekend.

Oh, and she saw the fishing pole, too! (Well, that's enough right there for a "Not Guilty" verdict!)

Mark returned a work truck, apparently, late on nov 18th...

W:The next morning, 7:45 he came in to return paperwork...we had an hour long conversation...

was his demeanour normal?

W: it seemed like I was not well liked, as upper management, but was funny because me and mark never had a long personal conversation...but he was happier than I ever seen him, more sober clearer, than usual..he didnt have the bloodshot eyes, looked like a normal person..

Cross:

P: did you have any info about his son visiting?
No
P: it could have been the 17th that he returned it, right?

W:Coulda been

P: you were interviewed by LE , right?

W: Yes..

W: I told them I didnt remember much

P: sounds like you were busy and wanted him to move along, but he kept talking

W: Yes, it was very strange...

P: you told LE there was nothing out of ordinary in the conversation, correct?

W: I guess so, yes

I'm recalling MR's alibi for 11/19 and why he would be talking to the Supv at 7:45 AM.

MR stated he had a payroll issue and wanted to be at the office early to be first in line when they opened.

I think MR was in pure adrenaline mode now -- you couldn't pay him to shut up!

Mark's girlfriend Karen Alexander testimony was suspect to me. She remembered certain details from the important time period with no problem while other ones conveniently escaped her.

The Dylan goes fishing testimony was vague until she blurted out that Dylan specifically talked to her about going fishing to make it more believable.

Her testimony about Dylan cutting his finger in Mark's home with her seeing the blood dripping out caught me off guard. Wow. Until we learned that she never told investigators about it. Her excuse that they never asked is really lame.

Besides if this story is true Mark would have known about this blood letting event because allegedly he helped Dylan in bandaging the wound. Mark never told investigators about this event when they asked about Dylan ever bleeding in his home.

I don't believe Karen's stories. JMO

Last edited:
Mark's girlfriend Karen Alexander testimony was suspect to me. She remembered certain details from the important time period with no problem while other ones conveniently escaped her.

The Dylan goes fishing testimony was vague until she blurted out that Dylan specifically talked to her about going fishing to make it more believable.

Her testimony about Dylan cutting his finger in Mark's home with her seeing the blood dripping out caught me off guard. Wow. Until we learned that she never told investigators about it. Her excuse that they never asked is really lame.

Besides if this story is true Mark would have known about this blood letting event because allegedly he helped Dylan in bandaging the wound. Mark never told investigators about this event when they asked about Dylan ever bleeding in his home.

I don't believe Karen's stories. JMO
Yeah, I ain’t buying what she’s selling.
She just touched on way too many bases to be believable.
Dylan always slept late, couldn’t get him to get up. Dylan walking everywhere and never asking for a ride. She never saw him fishing but he talked about it. And then all these years later she brings up a bloody cut finger. Also, she hasn’t followed the case or the trial all these years.

Um, go sell crazy somewhere else. We’re full up, Lady.

JMO MOO

Dylan always slept late, couldn’t get him to get up. Dylan walking everywhere and never asking for a ride. She never saw him fishing but he talked about it. And then all these years later she brings up a bloody cut finger. Also, she hasn’t followed the case or the trial all these years.

JMO MOO

[BBM]
Love your post!

She did follow the case, because she stated that she was undecided at first whether she should voluntarily come forward with the account of her relationship with MR. She testified that she discussed it with her son, who said she should think about it.

Ultimately, she said she prayed to God and decided that if LE contacted her, she would cooperate. If nobody contacted her, then she would do nothing.

JMO MOO
Karen was on Dr Phil discussing Dylan Redwine's disappearance.

She told the jury after that she didn't follow this story because the "news" in Bakersfield didn't cover it. Come on. She doesn't use the internet?

I would think that after being on a nationally televised show she may have a interest in what was going on with her former boyfriend.

Of course she kept up on the goings on in this case. This will be obvious to the jury IMO.

Defense told Judge they have 3 more Expert Witnesses and a couple of lay witnesses.
How do y’all think they are going to wrap up? I wouldn’t have a clue except for the witness Traci Smith today. She was barely there for a minute. Bogan introduced one document, an evidence log for the skull that had her signature and just asked her about the date and who it was released to.. Lt, Golbricht. TS was an admin who filled in as backup for someone. She said “ whenever SHE wasn’t there”. There is a Carol M. on witness list who is an evidence custodian at La Plata County. IMO they will call her next. JMO and my own speculation .

At 59:00

I think they are trying to show that the skull was mishandled or destroyed or something like that. I only think that because of their Motion back in 2019 saying the State did not preserve the evidence.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/Peoples Response to d117.pdf

Last edited:
Karen was on Dr Phil discussing Dylan Redwine's disappearance.

She told the jury after that she didn't follow this story because the "news" in Bakersfield didn't cover it. Come on. She doesn't use the internet?

I would think that after being on a nationally televised show she may have a interest in what was going on with her former boyfriend.

Of course she kept up on the goings on in this case. This will be obvious to the jury IMO.
Oh absolutely she followed it. I’d like to know more about her sending Facebook messages to EH and CR. And why did the Defense start off by questioning her about Photoshop? They must have been anticipating the Prosecution asking about that. Insisting that she had no idea what Photoshop is. Even if the Jury never saw how nasty she was on Dr. Phil, I’m sure they picked up on the fact that she inserted herself in the situation. JMO

Oh absolutely she followed it. I’d like to know more about her sending Facebook messages to EH and CR. And why did the Defense start off by questioning her about Photoshop? They must have been anticipating the Prosecution asking about that. Insisting that she had no idea what Photoshop is. Even if the Jury never saw how nasty she was on Dr. Phil, I’m sure they picked up on the fact that she inserted herself in the situation. JMO
Good points. Going over and over about Photoshop and then never explaining why does not help you with the jury. I'm sure they don't appreciate having their time wasted. JMO

This little 3 minute clip is interesting---look at the difference in demeanour between Elaine and Mark, when they are given the chance to talk about their son going missing...Her emotions run so deep. But Mark....well, see what you think about his demeanour and emotions...

Yes I thought prosecution delt with her her like she deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark