CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversation may have moved on by now, but my last two computers that were desktop both had wireless capabilities built in. The most recent last year and the one before that 4 years ago. We have had laptops for 10 years and all were wireless. I can't remember now if we have confirmation that dylan was using an iPod touch to text at all? If so there is wireless.

As far as people living in the country and don't have wireless. Anyone can have wireless. If you have Internet you go to walmart and you buy a router. You hook the router to your existing Internet connection and then you have wireless. You can then let anyone connect to your wireless when they come to your house or you can buy a wireless adaptor for your PC if yours doesn't have wireless built in.

Huh. Using Learned vs Confirmed consistently, it would mean that they do not have confirmation that Mark picked up Dylan at the airport. No video? Maybe Mark did not go inside the airport to get him? Hm. "We" pops back into my mind.

Jumping off your post.Interesting comment. Do we even know for sure that DR was picked up in MR's vehicle?:twocents::moo:

I just realized the closest I've come so far are some of your posts Coldhands. lol. So I'm sure you remember them and I don't think we ever found an answer for sure. One seemed very likely but I don't think it was confirmed, unfortunately. I'll keep looking around though.
BBM made me laugh! I have a terrible memory!

Policy for unaccompanied minors

Frontier:
http://www.flyfrontier.com/customer-service/travel-support/family-pets/unaccompanied-minors

United:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/specialneeds/minors/default.aspx

eta: I checked all 4 airlines that go to Durango that are listed and United was the only one I found that flew to Colorado Springs. It's very late though so maybe it should be double checked again.

So required on Frontier and its $50-100 depending on ticket. Or free on United.

Jumping off your post.Interesting comment. Do we even know for sure that DR was picked up in MR's vehicle?:twocents::moo:
Not after reading that again and seeing "learned," I don't think we do :( IMO

I would think they would know which vehicle from the Walmart security cameras.

I just had a thought. Supposing there really was a ' we' who picked up DR and it's MR and a gf. This supposed gf could be married and has asked to be kept out of the press. Would LE accommodate her if she asked? If she were fully cooperating and passed LDT and gave samples and what not and just didn't want to be in trouble with her spouse, would LE keep her name quiet?
Thoughts ?

Possibly. But I still find it odd that they didn't post pic of MR in Walmart. As ColdHands brought up LE did not say they confirmed the airport pick up story.
MR did say "we" when he talked about the airport pick up. LE seems to be differentiating between "confirmed" and "learned" in their press release. JMO but I think we can also learn from what LE does not say. For instance the "electronic device" communication at 9:37. LE have never commented who it was to or what it said. (unless I missed it). JMO.....:twocents::moo:

I just had a thought. Supposing there really was a ' we' who picked up DR and it's MR and a gf. This supposed gf could be married and has asked to be kept out of the press. Would LE accommodate her if she asked? If she were fully cooperating and passed LDT and gave samples and what not and just didn't want to be in trouble with her spouse, would LE keep her name quiet?
Thoughts ?

And maybe this is how LE has confirmed Dylan made it to MR's house? MR has brought gf's with him on past visitations with Dylan.

Thanks, Redhead72.

I still think the scenario is possible, whether it was the two boys witnessed by the mail carrier or not.

That was a possibility in my mind until LE said they talked to the two boys seen that day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...county-leads-sightings-durango_n_2918494.html

This post says a "man", but if you click on the link in that article it brings you to this article and it describes the circumstances of the mail carriers account as we have heard them.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22059208/hundreds-help-search-13-year-old-vallecito-boy

I think so much confusion about details is a result of poor reporting or writing skills. I also believe sometimes LE may not be completely clear in what they say. I have noticed in several cases that LE may mis-speak when repeating info.

I do have confidence that LE is covering all the bases that they see. We know that they sometimes miss things. In watching the Terrilyn Monette case, it was brought up that a perp went several years as cleared until a new detective was reviewing the case and noticed the truck believed to be the bf's had different side mirrors. That lead to his arrest in her murder.

Can we make a list of unclear or inconsistent statements and email the SO' office and ask for clarification ? I think most of what we do not know is reporter idiotism !
For example ' the dogs followed dylan's scent to the lake'...........
OK from where? Where did the dogs PICK up Dylan's scent to ' follow' it somewhere.
Is this privileged info or just info no reporter thought important to write down ?
Maybe these nagging questions can be cleared up or at least some of them.

I keep seeing comments about MR doing "nothing." Could it possibly be we don't know everything he is doing? We don't know what LE has told him to do/not to do. Maybe LE has told him not to sell any of his possessions because they might be considered evidence one day.

I have read he hired a private investigator. He went on the Dr. Phil show. He took a polygraph test. He helped in bringing in the dogs. Yet he is still accused of doing "nothing." If I was in his shoes, I would be suffering the worst case of depression ever!!! I would not want to leave my house or talk to anyone on the telephone. And he said on Dr. Phil that someone from ER and CR's side called him and told him they didn't want him involved. Seeing the way they treated MR on the show, I believe what MR said. ER and CR attacking MR is not putting the focus on Dylan, where I think it should be. Perhaps MR thinks the same way. Perhaps he thinks his being there will just cause a scene and draw attention away from Dylan.

Personally, I would not have gone on the Dr. Phil show. This, in my opinion, was a "darned if you do and darned if you don't" situation for him, and I definitely would not have taken a polygragh! ER is hostile, argumentative, and blames only MR for the disappearance of her son. They had a hostile divorce (and still do). I too went through that with my ex. I would never go on national tv with him, no matter what the circumstances.

I think we should all remember that Dr. Phil produces a "show" for ratings, and the more sensational the better. I was hoping that we would learn what has been done to find Dylan, whether or not the police have any evidence, and how many leads have they had and followed through to completion, what areas/roads have been searched, etc. Instead, all I saw was a witch hunt. I was very disappointed.

I sure hope LE is not as frustrated with this case as we all are!

At least LE is still looking. For Dylan, for evidence. I don't think that LE is blindly accepting the opinions of the public or people "in the know". Thank God.

This is the first day that I had to go to page two of New Posts to find Dylan's thread.

I was glad to know that LE was out and about on Saturday. Hopefully, they have received new leads and are following up.

It seems that the 9:37 communication may hold another clue we are not privy too.

I also think it is unusual that we have not see anymore of the Walmart tape. I hope LE has tapes of them shopping, checking out and going to the vehicle. It could be possible that someone else was with them.

JMO

Thoughts ?

I wondered if a neighbor had needed to go to Walmart for something and rode with him. That could be part of the reason why they only released the picture of Dylan if MR and the other person were always in the picture together. A gf would work the same way. I didn't think a gf would want to be kept secret from the beginning, but I hadn't thought about a married woman. MOO

I wondered if a neighbor had needed to go to Walmart for something and rode with him. That could be part of the reason why they only released the picture of Dylan if MR and the other person were always in the picture together. A gf would work the same way. I didn't think a gf would want to be kept secret from the beginning, but I hadn't thought about a married woman. MOO

Good points, I would think if LE knew a neighbor or gf were in the vehicle then they would have said something, but then again, LE isn't saying much.

A married woman, hummm. I don't know if LE would keep it quiet though, it would seem to me that they would say, hey we aren't really concerned about protecting you from your spouse and infidelity, we are concerned about a missing child. Who knows.

BBM made me laugh! I have a terrible memory!

So required on Frontier and its $50-100 depending on ticket. Or free on United.

Not after reading that again and seeing "learned," I don't think we do :( IMO

This may be the first time I've apologized for causing someone to laugh about memory given my own lol... sorry about that! :) I think I know what you mean though. I just re-read the stories and tend to agree with you, it's hard to tell but it seems like LE chose "learned" and "confirmed" pretty carefully.

Jumping off your post, Emma. Would Mark have been at/in the house at the time of the forensic search to answer LE questions?

Sorry I am late in answering, it's been a busy weekend, but I have a scene playing out in my head, LOL. During the search, they come across it and bag it. Then later they hold it up, in an evidence baggy, and ask, "Is this Dylan's phone?" "Do you recognize this phone?"

In which case Mark could say, "No it's not Dylan's phone" or "yes, it's Dylan's." For the second question the answers could be, "No, I don't recognize it." Or "Sure it's the phone I had before this one" or "It's an old work phone."

Again, this is just my imagination at play in considering your question.

BBM - That would be a DSL connection, otherwise known as a Digital Subscriber Line, previously known as a Digital Subscriber Loop. (I'll be correcting my previous post which referred to it as a dedicated service line - not sure where I got that from...)

ETA: More info. on DSL internet service - Digital subscriber line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what I have, and our router broadcasts wi-fi. I've had to kick the neighbors off of it before, when we didn't have it pw protected.

hopefully you guys can read this:

View attachment 31120

mods, if not okay, please delete.

Sorry to quote myself.

They are particularly interested in County Road 500 down to 501 from 7 pm Sunday night until 7 pm Monday night. This is the area they were searching over the weekend.

I find it interesting that Mark said Dylan was gone when he got home at 11:30but LE is wanting to know about anyone coming/going from that area until 7 pm Monday. I wonder if 7 pm is the time the Sheriff officers got to the area on Monday evening?

Do we know if Mark was back home then and met with the officers? When did Mark first make contact/talk with the Sheriff's office?

What if Dylan was still in the house when Mark arrived back from his errands? Could an argument happened because Mark refused to take Dylan to Bayfield?

I still question no communications from Dylan after 9:37.....

Too many unanswered questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members