CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were other Indians there before the Ute.

Of course there were; I agree. But then we're stretching the timeline even further back, and again we are dealing with indigenous peoples inhabiting a particular geographic space, in this case the Vallecito area -- one which was very different from that of the Mound Dwellers, or the Southeastern Woodlands people, for example.

I am not trying to be argumentative, just sensitive to grouping a very diverse group of people into one tradition. Very different lifestyles and cultures.

There is no serial killing truck driver. Please be aware that I am aware of where this conversation started and it will not be tolerated. Any one posting about serial killing truck drivers in this thread, from this point forward, will find themselves on a lengthy TO.

Salem

Some very sad pictures posted of the lake searches, Elaine and Cory, along with Mike Hall, Katt and the team. Heartbreaking, yet the anger I'm feeling when viewing them cannot be ignored. Where is MARK REDWINE during these searches? Why is he not present? What is wrong with that man? This is his CHILD! His obvious indifference is beyond polite words.

Everyone was told the searches would not take place until mid-May because the family wanted privacy. Do you know if they notified MR that the search was taking place last week and let him know he was welcome to be there?

How did they bury them more than 15-50 deep?

There were probably not buried 15-50 feet deep at the time, but the sediment from many centuries settled on top. I know that is the case in our area from finding Native America artifacts, etc.

Of course there were; I agree. But then we're stretching the timeline even further back, and again we are dealing with indigenous peoples inhabiting a particular geographic space, in this case the Vallecito area -- one which was very different from that of the Mound Dwellers, or the Southeastern Woodlands people, for example.

I am not trying to be argumentative, just sensitive to grouping a very diverse group of people into one tradition. Very different lifestyles and cultures.

That is precisely why I put other states as well, like Wisconsin, I don't include MO in the SE but others may, I included those as well, and was continuing on. I have tried finding something on the earliest believed inhabitants of that area and cannot find much about them currently, nor the earlier Anasazi people prior to a certain time. It is said that the earlier of these people practiced cannibalism and were warring, while some of the tribes that have descendant from them are a peaceful people, and that a lot about the earlier people's remains a mystery. So, I am digging for more, but it is a tedious task. As some of the earlier tribes do not seem to have much information to find. Also, those are only the known ones.

Everyone was told the searches would not take place until mid-May because the family wanted privacy. Do you know if they notified MR that the search was taking place last week and let him know he was welcome to be there?

Well, if he doesn't keep an answering machine on his phone, it is quite possible he could not be reached, as the media was unable to reach him recently. Gosh, we all knew a search was pending. If this was my child, I would be the one calling up ER daily to see what was happening. He should not have to be tracked down by her.

That is precisely why I put other states as well, like Wisconsin, I don't include MO in the SE but others may, I included those as well, and was continuing on. I have tried finding something on the earliest believed inhabitants of that area and cannot find much about them currently, nor the earlier Anasazi people prior to a certain time. It is said that the earlier of these people practiced cannibalism and were warring, while some of the tribes that have descendant from them are a peaceful people, and that a lot about the earlier people's remains a mystery. So, I am digging for more, but it is a tedious task. As some of the earlier tribes do not seem to have much information to find. Also, those are only the known ones.

That's okay.

If you ever have a chance to visit Chaco Canyon (different dwellings, in NM, but related), or Mesa Verde, or even Bandelier, or for that matter, any cliff-dwelling sites, you should -- they're incredible. Or pueblos, for that matter. BTW, the cannibalism thesis is currently under attack in academia.

There's not as much out there on the net as there should be, and libraries are also disappointing -- weird. I've been collecting books/papers/ephemera on the Anasazi and their descendants for almost 25 years now.

But I have to wonder if cadaver dogs are going to be picking up decomposition scents from
ancient indigenous burial sites.

That's okay.

If you ever have a chance to visit Chaco Canyon (different dwellings, in NM, but related), or Mesa Verde, or even Bandelier, or for that matter, any cliff-dwelling sites, you should -- they're incredible. Or pueblos, for that matter. BTW, the cannibalism thesis is currently under attack in academia.

There's not as much out there on the net as there should be, and libraries are also disappointing -- weird. I've been collecting books/papers/ephemera on the Anasazi and their descendants for almost 25 years now.

I found this one that kind of gives a brief of some of the sites of the Anazasi peoples that were found.

http://anth3455.blogspot.com/2012/04/southwestern-burials.html

Then there was another that said before they began cliff dwelling they let me quote so I don't mess that up:

For most of the long span of time the Anasazi occupied the region now known as the Four Corners, they lived in the open or in easily accessible sites within canyons. But about 1250, many of the people began constructing settlements high in the cliffs—settlements that offered defense and protection.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/anasazi.html#ixzz2RdTTFVo7

Well, if he doesn't keep an answering machine on his phone, it is quite possible he could not be reached, as the media was unable to reach him recently. Gosh, we all knew a search was pending. If this was my child, I would be the one calling up ER daily to see what was happening. He should not have to be tracked down by her.

I certainly don't want to argue about this, because as I have said previously, I do not know these people personally. But, we have heard from the beginning of the information about Dylan being missing that there was a lack of phone communication for whatever reason. But, since MR is communicating with LE, maybe anyone who needs to get word to MR should contact LE. I don't think LE would consider it unreasonable if ER asked them to notify MR about the dates of the actual searches last week (which had previously been said would not happen until mid-May.) Beyond that, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Link please? Bender is a man of very few words and I do not recall him speaking about the homeless. Denise Hess mentioned it on FMDR, trying to float hope that the K-9 Forensic hits might belong to someone from a homeless encampment but these words were not Bender's.

Rebeccaeee, you are probably correct, as I could have remembered the source incorrectly. Since I don't have Facebook and can't read FMDR, I did quickly find this one MSM media source quoting data about the missing and FMDR.

http://kdvr.com/2013/02/27/dylan-redwines-family-appears-on-dr-phil-dogs-find-scent-on-lake/

The quote from the article: “There are many homeless people that live up in that area. It could be anyone,” Hawkins wrote.

Rebeccaeee, thank you so much for refreshing my memory.

I certainly don't want to argue about this, because as I have said previously, I do not know these people personally. But, we have heard from the beginning of the information about Dylan being missing that there was a lack of phone communication for whatever reason. But, since MR is communicating with LE, maybe anyone who needs to get word to MR should contact LE. I don't think LE would consider it unreasonable if ER asked them to notify MR about the dates of the actual searches last week (which had previously been said would not happen until mid-May.) Beyond that, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

There is absolutely to indicate that Elaine asked LE not to notify MR. I think it is unfair to even hint at that, or to think that LE would bargain with her.

There is absolutely to indicate that Elaine asked LE not to notify MR. I think it is unfair to even hint at that, or to think that LE would bargain with her.

If you are talking to me, I did not state, indicate, or even think that "Elaine asked LE not to notify MR." The thought never crossed my mind.

I thought I said that if anyone needed to get a message to MR, they could ask LE to call him as he is apparently communicating with LE. And I meant, and thought I said, that I did not think LE would mind communicating a message from a missing child's mother to the missing child's father.

(IMO, there seems to be a lot of sniping going on, and I ask that it not be directed at me. I mean no harm to anyone.)

Loved your post but wanted to offer specific comment about the ground beneath the lake. For those interested in researching construction of the Dam, please visit http://swcenter.fortlewis.edu/inventory/PineRiver.htm The Center for Southwest Studies at Fort Lewis has an extensive historical record of the area and, more specifically, construction of the dam.

I have been captivated by the photos at the website that Rebeccaeee found for us. I have spent a lot of time looking at those of the valley before and during the building of the Vallecito reservoir.

As far as the 15-50 ft numbers that have been quoted in previous threads, I wondered if they excavated 15 ft. into the ground of the valley and then 50 ft. for the "hills" that are shown in the valley before flooding the area.

I looked at photos and their descriptions, rather than reading all the data.

Thanks for your input about the historical photos.

I've been over at Hailey Dunn's forum and I'm filled with such sadness. I am praying so hard that Dylan hasn't met the same fate. This discovery and identification really brings home that this is a life or death situation and there is no right or wrong here at WS, just people trying to find him, and going about it in different ways, looking at different angles.

We don't know what happened to Dylan, none of us do. We can think we do but in fact, we do not. I pray we get answers some day, that his family gets answers and knows what happened to him and hopefullly that he comes back alive.

We cannot lose sight that this forum is about Dylan, for Dylan, to try to bring Dylan home. Not about who is right or who is wrong. Right now, it's not even about who did it because we don't even know yet what "it" is. We need to find Dylan, period. We need to focus on Dylan. Where are you Dyl? Please help us find you. IMO

is there a reasonably recent link that shows MR is communicating with LE?

with regard to MRs phone not being answered I have to ask why no one has mentioned the obvious reason why the parent of a missing child would answer the phone or have an answering machine at the least - what if Dylan or an abductor called?????

it's something to think about IMO because I think its very odd to say the least

It is the only way one can really think, whether one admits it or not.

I agree, there are responses that are common, thinking about how we would respond in that situation makes sense IMO

there are so many human behaviours but there are some that stand out as being out of place/off

its what behavioural scientists look at as do psychologists, psychiatrists and the FBI's BAU.

is there a reasonably recent link that shows MR is communicating with LE?

with regard to MRs phone not being answered I have to ask why no one has mentioned the obvious reason why the parent of a missing child would answer the phone or have an answering machine at the least - what if Dylan or an abductor called?????

it's something to think about IMO because I think its very odd to say the least

I have not googled for links about MR and LE recently, but I have read them in the past.

With all the hate that some people seem to direct to MR, maybe he was getting prank phone calls, but I honestly have no idea. I do not know him. I do not know Elaine. I am posting my opinion only unless a link is cited. I'm sure some people think a lot of things I say are odd to them.

But if I happen to run across a new link, I will certainly post it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01