CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

And if I had a kid who was abducted in a manner to this man who has spent 25 years working with families of missing children I sure as hell would want him helping me find my missing child.

Unless of course I knew she really wasn't missing. Then I'd want him as far away from me a possible.

IMO :twocents:
I wouldn't. No telling who he might decide to accuse and I don't want to be tangled up in that. I'd be polite to him, but he'd get a thanks but no thanks.

JMHO, of course.

I agree. I wonder about this actually, I wonder if he's saying this stuff with the permission of the accused to get DB to let her guard down.

Why would anyone allow their name to be thrown out as a baby kidnapper?

I agree. I wonder about this actually, I wonder if he's saying this stuff with the permission of the accused to get DB to let her guard down.
This could be. At this point, there's no telling. I would not be a bit surprised to learn the neighbour went along with Mr Abeyta. This case is so maddening!

Nothing much I could learn now would make me bat an eye.

I can't tell you how upset I would be if another private citizen went on TV and accused me of snatching a helpless infant.

TBH, I'd probably threaten to sue if the accuser didn't stfu.

Turnadot,

You got that right. I was thinking the exact thing. :furious: (I would sue in a heartbeat.)

On one hand we have Mr. A. considering to name his so called perp while
the parents of the missing won't talk with LE.

Something is big time wrong with this picture.

I worry that Gil's statements are a distraction for us and a frustration for LE.

absostinkinlukly. Statements made to draw attention away from DB and JI.
Statements made to cause futher confusion. :banghead:

I've been trying really hard not to post comments about this case....only because the mom's statements/actions/behavior is leading me down the path of her guilt.....don't wanna go there.
BUT, in my mind, I'm pretty certain someone part of OR associated with this motley crew of characters knows something OR did something to this baby.

So, that said, this is half "tongue in cheek", but, since things can't get more convoluted and bizarre in this case, I'm almost expecting the scenario of someone in an Ambien induced sleep walking "episode" being used as an excuse for why someone would be just walking around, aimlessly, in full view, with a baby in their arms.

Sorry if it's been said before...for anyone who said the same thing in any of the threads....I agree with you!!

Lurdy mercy, you might be right. Another case of walking Ambien nighttime crime committer. :D

I don't disagree with you at all. I am as against him saying that as I am against people accusing the family when there is no evidence. The only thing I was saying is that he might have more insight into the case than the average person (or maybe even have a bit more access to LE).

But I totally agree - I don't think that GA has any business saying all this. It would be fine for him to give his opinion on whether he thinks that the family is guilty or innocent, but to make pointed semi-accusations? Not cool.

It wasn't even a semi accusation, it was a flat out accusation, he named him a suspect. Said LE dismissed him as a suspect too quickly.

From listening to or reading his interviews, he doesn't really seem to have anymore inside information that anyone else. He goes off things we've heard about already such as motorcycle guys sighting, and the fact that the neighbor is in the military.

He doesn't seem to be working alongside LE, he just stated that he sent his findings to LE. In reality, anyone can do that.

As far as the family, we haven't seen any professional non LE type person come out and say that "they" were naming them as a suspect.

JMHO

Also not getting the "he had the training to do this" statement. What training? Ninja School? Kidnapper Academy? It's ridiculous, imo.

Also not getting the "he had the training to do this" statement. What training? Ninja School? Kidnapper Academy? It's ridiculous, imo.

Military training is my guess.

I have military members in my family, and I can say with 100% certainty that their training never included baby snatching.

I wouldn't. No telling who he might decide to accuse and I don't want to be tangled up in that. I'd be polite to him, but he'd get a thanks but no thanks.

JMHO, of course.

I have some serious questions about GA anyway. He has tried so hard to insinuate himself into this case, as if he wants to use this case to reopen his own case or maybe to further his own foundation (which I am not so sure exists, atm - I couldn't find anything on google search for it).

I understand if he want's the spotlight, but LISA is in danger right now if she is alive. Gil's son, after 25 years, is not in imminent danger. GA should be using his media access to focus attention on Lisa - not on being the super-sleuth who solves the crime. KWIM?

Military training is my guess.

I have military members in my family, and I can say with 100% certainty that their training never included baby snatching.
And someone who WAS special military trained to be covert would not be dumb enough to turn on lights and walk around in white, to a well lit store no less! WTH kind of Mickey Mouse training would that be?

Mr Abeyta hasn't thought this one through.

JMHO

And why wouldn't he have worn his camos instead of white, with all his kidnapper training skillz?

This case is absolutely nothing like his case. He should go home.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was talking about someone else and we're all jumping to conclusions?

And why wouldn't he have worn his camos instead of white, with all his kidnapper training skillz?
Maybe it's the "fake-out to throw LE off" from the Kidnapping for Dumbazzes training manual.

The least you need to know: Wear white. Turn on lights. Take cellphones. Walk to well lit place where you might be captured on video.

It wasn't even a semi accusation, it was a flat out accusation, he named him a suspect. Said LE dismissed him as a suspect too quickly.

From listening to or reading his interviews, he doesn't really seem to have anymore inside information that anyone else. He goes off things we've heard about already such as motorcycle guys sighting, and the fact that the neighbor is in the military.

He doesn't seem to be working alongside LE, he just stated that he sent his findings to LE. In reality, anyone can do that.

As far as the family, we haven't seen any professional non LE type person come out and say that "they" were naming them as a suspect.

JMHO

BBM
Sorry - I have been real busy today - trying to keep up here too. Last I had heard, GA had pretty much let it be known who he was talking about, but hadn't actually NAMED him. That seems really stupid, IMO. He doesn't have the kind of protections that journalists do, and could easily be sued for slander.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was talking about someone else and we're all jumping to conclusions?

It would be. :crazy:

Doesn't seem that way though because didn't he also mention him being the one that motorcycle guy picked out?

Little chance of that. Mr Abeyta named him without naming him, if you know what I mean.

It's pretty clear who Mr Abeyta means, IMO. The only reason he hasn't said the guys name is because of the legal trouble he could be in for doing so.

I mean, if someone said they think the lady with the short dark hair, red rimmed glasses about 5 feet tall and about 100 pounds snatched the baby across the street, people around here would know it was me.

JMHO, but Mr Abeyta hasn't tried to be coy about who he has accused. He said it was the guy so and so picked out, and that was the neighbour.

BBM
Sorry - I have been real busy today - trying to keep up here too. Last I had heard, GA had pretty much let it be known who he was talking about, but hadn't actually NAMED him. That seems really stupid, IMO. He doesn't have the kind of protections that journalists do, and could easily be sued for slander.

You're right. I think I wrote that wrong, sometimes my thoughts and my fingers don't always go together. :crazy:

He didn't come out and name him directly, he said he named a suspect. But it was clear who he was referring to from everything else he was saying.

JMHO

I respect Mr Abeyta's passion, but right now I consider him sort of a loose cannon. IDK, but I'd rather get help from calmer and less intrusive sources like Marc Klaas and John Walsh, and Tim Miller.

All three of them know the pain of losing a child, but woulnd't try to insert themselves into the investigation.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back