CO CO - Gregory Canyon, WhtMale 25-45, long blond/light brown hair, 5'3''-5'8, Nov'93

June 2021
Cold case: Skeletal remains found in November, 1993 are still unidentified - The Longmont Leader
Georgia Worrell
  • john-doe-1.png;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
  • john-doe-2.png;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
  • john-doe-3.png;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
1 / 3 Facial reconstruction with a beard by the Longmont Police Department, photo courtesy of Boulder County Sheriff's Office.

''Examination of the skeletal remains indicated they belonged to a Caucasian male, aged 25- to 45-years-old, height anywhere between 5’3” to 5’8”, with shoulder-length dark blond to light brown hair. The decedent was wearing Levi blue jeans, a white shirt and white tennis shoes at the time of his death.

Chemical isotope testing suggested he likely lived in southern Florida or central Texas. The Longmont Police Department and University of Southern Florida completed facial approximations.

After examination of the remains by the Boulder County Coroner’s Office, the decedent's identification is still unknown. Anyone with information about the possible identity is asked to contact Laurissa Lampi with the Boulder County Coroner’s Office at 303-441-3535 or llampi@bouldercounty.org.''

Anyone ever submitted info about their potential IDs? Jerry Woodard, Lawrence Wales III, Jack Harmons, Robert Vanzant? They all seem like good matches!
I haven't submitted Woodard. Now that I look at him as a PM again, I'm kinda not seeing it anymore.:confused::oops: The circumstances surrounding his disappearance make me think he might have fallen into the Navasota River during his hunting trip. Besides, Woodard disappeared 2 1/2 yrs before JD was discovered (PMI "months").

Maybe Wells as @Traymar suggested?
ETA - Comparison pic
Wells-Gregory-Canyon-JD
Wells-Gregory-Canyon-JD.jpg

Anyone ever submitted info about their potential IDs? Jerry Woodard, Lawrence Wales III, Jack Harmons, Robert Vanzant? They all seem like good matches!
I have not submitted anyone, but I need to look at these again to refresh my memory of the case. Thanks for the updates everyone!

Case Detail​

• Picture 1
PrevNext

John Doe​

Case Details​

Case Type: Unidentified
Height: 5' 3"
Case Status: OPEN
Weight: 150 lbs
Aliases:
Identifying Marks: long brown hair and a beard
Incident Date: 05/01/1993
Agency: Boulder County Sheriff's Office
City: Boulder
Date of Birth: Unknown
County: Boulder
Date of Death: Unknown
Agency Case #: 93-11920
Judicial District: 20th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: Caucasian
NamUs Case #: UP517
Eyes: Unknown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Brown

About this Case:​

On May 1, 1993, the skeletonized body of a transient white male was found on a hillside in Gregory Canyon. The male was estimated to have been between 5'03 - 5'06 and between 150 and 160 pounds, with shoulder length brown hair and a beard. The decedent had poor dentition and was estimated to be between 25 and 32 years old. He was wearing a pair of Levis button fly blue jeans, with a 32 inch inseam, white Turntec tennis shoes, size 8, a pair of heavy white socks, and a medium size Fruit of the Loom ribbed collared sweatshirt. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Boulder County Sheriff's Office.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:​

Boulder County Sheriff's Office
Boulder
Colorado

Bumping up. Maybe this will be the year he's identified.

I sense he had a rough adulthood and wonder if his story will be told.

He was relatively young when he died. He must have had relatives out there who thought about him, and maybe he still does...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back