CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I personally do not "relish" the idea of rape and stabbing, period.. I will say that prison is for punishment, not rehabilitation or counseling(while I understand that does take place in sone cases and rightfully so) in this case, with these offenders there is NO REHABILITATION..

SO I WILL REITERATE PRISON FOR A SICK **** SUCH AS ARS IS FOR PUNISHMENT, SEVERE PUNISHMENT THAT CAN NEVER COMPARE TO WHAT HE HAS DONE.. AND PART OF THE PUNISHMENT IS BEING INCARCERATED WITH OTHER SICK ***** JUST LIKE HIM..WHAT THOSE SICK ***** DO TO EACH OTHER IS ALL PART OF THE ENVIRONMENT FOR WHICH HE WILLFULLY CHOSE..

He has every right to attempt press charges on those who perpatrate a crime on him.. Go for it Sigg!.. But it is all part of the sick, evil perversion THAT HE CHOSE TO UNLEASH ON JESSICA AND IN DOING SO WILLFULLY CHOSE PRISON WITH ALL ITS GLORIOUS "PERKS" IT COMES WITH..

I HAVE LESS THAN ZERO SYMPATHY FOR WHAT HE LIKELY WILL FACE IN PRISON, INCLUDING WHAT HIS FELLOW BUDDIES MAY OR MAY NOT INFLICT UPON HIM..

Absolutely, me too. BTW, I don't have any ill will toward the prisoner who offed Jeffrey Dahmer either.

I don't have the link thing down yet but there is an article on abc15.com from 10/24 that states Austin Sigg is not on the Colorado Sex offender registry and that because he is a minor his previous record has been sealed.
Maybe someone can find and link.

Does that means he HAS a juvenile record? That's what I thought it implied. If so, there may be a lot more going on here than we will ever know. The churchgoing and cross wearing...did that happen at 15? Earlier? What else is there?

Maybe he's a monster the community could have benefited from knowing about a lonngggg time ago.

Austin Sigg to be tried as adult in murder of Jessica Ridgeway

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/nation...t-in-murder-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtSpSQJP
A woman identifying herself as Sigg's aunt said the teen went to his mother on Tuesday with "disturbing information" and his mom urged him to call police and turn himself in.
Sigg's mother, Mindy Sigg, told reporters that she made the phone call to police and then her son turned himself in.
His mother was at the home when he was taken into custody.

Sigg does not appear on any Colorado sex offender lists and since he is a juvenile, his previous record has been sealed.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/nation...t-in-murder-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtSeWxGs

I have been without a computer, my dell took a cr.p. Has anymore remains been found?

But it was reported that he was treated at age 15 for a *advertiser censored* addiction. So that is an important clue to his issues, imo. I doubt it was soft romantic *advertiser censored*, either.

First, there is one thing and one only that could possibly cause someone like Austin Sigg to commit a crime like this. He is mentally ill, period. *advertiser censored* had absolutely nothing to do with it. Though I'm sure it will be part of his defense.

Millions of people, look at *advertiser censored*, and 99.999% of them wouldn't even be capable of committing such a horrendous crime as this.

I will play devil's advocate though, and say this. If *advertiser censored* was an issue for this crime, his *advertiser censored* addiction treatment was an epic fail.

Do minors ever get placed on a sex offender list?
I never thought about this before. I do look on the sex offender site for offenders in my area, and I'm certain I have never seen a minor on there.

I am so glad you asked this question. My 14 yr old daughter said two of her male classmates are now required to be on it one for sending naked pics of himself and the other for receiving them. Not sure how that works......

quite frankly, I am wondering what people think myself. There have been many who have expressed that parents play not part in what a child grows up to be. So what exactly is the role of the parent? I imagine if you don't want to go to prison, you have to provide food, shelter and clothing

Apparently, after those are fulfilled, it doesn't matter what the parent does.

Now, I do not feel that way. Someone has posted on here a list of serial killers and their home lives. I didn't get that far reading because there are sooooo many, but what I read is that the home lives were horrible.

I still continue to say that I would rather spend the money providing for a dent life for children such as good schools, childcare, parenting classes, etc than spend the horror on things like we read on WS and then the incredibly expensive law enforcement costs, the costs of trials and the costs of prison

What happens to the victim and the families are horrors Why do we allow this with our lack of providing for children in this country?

I don't think the 'creation' of this monster had a thing in the world to do with 'parenting'....sometimes there is just pure evil.....

One always can argue the percentages of 'nature' vs. 'nurture'....this was one pure sick F##&....

Maybe his Dad wasn't a role-model citizen, so what....

And at the end of the day, kudos to his Mom for turning him in....

Minors can be on the registry but they might not appear on the CBI's site. The local police department should show them in the RSO book that any citizen can access.

Here is some information about Colorado law and the registry.
http://www.criminal-lawyer-colorado.com/colorado_juvenile_sex_offender_registry_laws.html

I have a permanent restraining order against a person who offended on a child when he was a minor. The court action involving me was harassment. Long story but in the course of pursuing protection, I was tipped off to go look at the registry LE has and there he was.

If Sigg met the offender criteria based on any sexual offense for which he was convicted as a minor, he would be registered. The case and its details might be sealed, but not his registration.

<SNIP>
But we really need to stop using the blanket "mentally ill" when discussing this freak...it's offensive to a lot of people.
I couldn't agree more. There are many forms of mental illness, and almost none of them would cause a person to even consider doing something like this.

I don't have the link thing down yet but there is an article on abc15.com from 10/24 that states Austin Sigg is not on the Colorado Sex offender registry and that because he is a minor his previous record has been sealed.
Maybe someone can find and link.
<SNIP>

I am so glad you asked this question. My 14 yr old daughter said two of her male classmates are now required to be on it one for sending naked pics of himself and the other for receiving them. Not sure how that works......

A minor who commits a sexual crime will be on the registry. I've seen a guy (I believe it was in Illinois) who was 8 years old when he committed the only offense that shows up on his history. He's in his 20's or 30's now and his current offenses seem to be mainly failure to register. I've seen others 13-14 years old with the same thing. If AS had ever been convicted of any kind of sexual misconduct, he would be in the registry.

As a sidebar, in addition to the blanket "mental illness" issue for persons like Sigg, there is a converse issue concerning "sexting" that has landed juveniles on SO registries for behavior that frankly lots of tweens and teens engage in and always have, but cell phones make it easier. I personally find it excessive for an otherwise normal kid to end up on a registry for sending or receiving a text pic of a sexual nature of a girlfriend or boyfriend.

There is a difference between kids who get caught being stupid or curious with one another, and a predator.

I couldn't agree more. There are many forms of mental illness, and almost none of them would cause a person to even consider doing something like this.

A minor who commits a sexual crime will be on the registry. I've seen a guy (I believe it was in Illinois) who was 8 years old when he committed the only offense that shows up on his history. He's in his 20's or 30's now and his current offenses seem to be mainly failure to register. I've seen others 13-14 years old with the same thing. If AS had ever been convicted of any kind of sexual misconduct, he would be in the registry.

Yes, Confusion, I agree if ARS comitted a sexual crime, and if the charges were not dropped after successfully completing intensive therapy for his *advertiser censored* addiction..
The gag order is very concerning, imo...

I believe that may vary by state. Iowa does not publically have minors on the registry that I am aware of. CO may be different though...

I'm really curious how the below bolded phrase will be interpretted for Sigg in sentencing. My understanding is that he could be eligible for 40+ years in prison. That would make him 57 ... but that's life for some people. Without a cap for life expectancy, this seems too vague.

"The Supreme Court of the United States, in the June ruling in the Miller v. Alabama case, decided that mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole are unconstitutional for juvenile offenders. Additionally, the Supreme Court ruled in Roper v. Simmons that the death penalty was cruel and unusual for people who committed crimes while under the age of 18."

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...cted-killer-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtlskGmm

Ok this has bothered me ever since AS was first arrested ... soon after there was an newspaper article that said that a "senior investigative reporter" confirmed that AS had undergone counselling for *advertiser censored* addiction. Not that I am doubting that it is very likely, but I wonder where this information came from? Certainly not his parents (I imagine - hardly seems like information you would rush out and blab about to the press just after your son's arrest) and I assume confidentiality would prevent any legitimate counsellor from speaking to the media either.
So a senior investigative reporter can confirm their own facts? It has just surprised me that the *advertiser censored* element has become such a focus just on the say so of that one reporter's allegations.

Again - not defending AS at all. I am glad the prosecutors have managed to put together such a long list of charges - looks like they are covering all bases.

Jessica was such a happy looking child - I find myself still clicking through her photos whenever someone posts a link to a gallery. Threads and threads ago someone posted a comment about how all the pictures sort of give us a glimpse into the young woman she was becoming, which was exactly what I had been thinking at the time - it's all just so sad.

BBM

I have also questioned this alleged *advertiser censored* addiction. Not sure I trust the MSM network that reported this. It seems to me that they have run several stories that were based on "sources" or "some people".

MOO

A Brief History Of The Crazy Drug Tied To Cannibalism
Erin Fuchs | Jun. 17, 2012, 7:13 PM | 58,109 | 19

inShare13
Email
More

Zombies

Flickr / rodolpho.reis

Zombies
The use of a hallucinogen tied to a recent cannibal attack has skyrocketed in recent years.

That drug, known as bath salts, has reportedly been linked to some pretty crazy behavior – including the face-eating attack in Miami.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/10-f...to-cannibal-attacks-2012-6?op=1#ixzz2AX4scx3G
I am sure someone has already mentioned this, but that case was determined to have NOTHING to do with "bath salts". Just some guy who was bat-***** crazy.

I'm really curious how the below bolded phrase will be interpretted for Sigg in sentencing. My understanding is that he could be eligible for 40+ years in prison. That would make him 57 ... but that's life for some people. Without a cap for life expectancy, this seems too vague.

"The Supreme Court of the United States, in the June ruling in the Miller v. Alabama case, decided that mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole are unconstitutional for juvenile offenders. Additionally, the Supreme Court ruled in Roper v. Simmons that the death penalty was cruel and unusual for people who committed crimes while under the age of 18."

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...cted-killer-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtlskGmm

IMO I hope he doesn't get out at age 57. People forget after time. He will get worse in prison, IMO. he will never be rehabilitated. Either keep him locked up til his natural death or death penalty. I belive there is no DP.

BBM

I have also questioned this alleged *advertiser censored* addiction. Not sure I trust the MSM network that reported this. It seems to me that they have run several stories that were based on "sources" or "some people".

MOO

Imo, your questions will be answered if someone can retrieve the chapter 7 bankruptcy petition:

http://www.dailycamera.com/2012elec...y-suspect-fascinated-by-crime-scene-forensics

Sigg's father, Robert Sigg of Parker, has a lengthy arrest record that includes domestic violence charges. In 2005, he pleaded guilty in federal court to bank fraud and was ordered to pay more than $141,000 in restitution. At the same time, he was linked to financial scandals involving Heritage Christian Center.

Attempts to reach Robert Sigg on Wednesday were unsuccessful.

Robert Sigg and his wife, Mindy, filed for divorce in 2000.

In May, Mindy Sigg, Austin's mother, filed for individual Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Imo, your questions will be answered if someone can retrieve the chapter 7 bankruptcy petition:

http://www.dailycamera.com/2012elec...y-suspect-fascinated-by-crime-scene-forensics

Sigg's father, Robert Sigg of Parker, has a lengthy arrest record that includes domestic violence charges. In 2005, he pleaded guilty in federal court to bank fraud and was ordered to pay more than $141,000 in restitution. At the same time, he was linked to financial scandals involving Heritage Christian Center.

Attempts to reach Robert Sigg on Wednesday were unsuccessful.

Robert Sigg and his wife, Mindy, filed for divorce in 2000.

In May, Mindy Sigg, Austin's mother, filed for individual Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

just jumping off your post (bbm) as a reminder that the parents can be discussed only as to what is in the media. Further sleuthing of their documents is not allowed.

one stupid question, how does a kid get addicted to *advertiser censored* esp gory *advertiser censored*?
no parental settings?
maybe I am stupid, I have raised 1 son. 4 grandsons and many of their friends around.
yes, all boys have that curiosity of sex but to get that far involved?
was he not into sports? friends? normal boy stuff?
did he just spend all his extra time looking at *advertiser censored*?
amazes me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members