CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this interesting. We have heard that Sigg had a *advertiser censored* addition at the age of 15 and that he received counseling for this problem. I assumed that he had internet access for school, and that he was still indulging himself in his *advertiser censored* addiction, but it sound like he had to use school computers at the time that he was finishing grade 11, so perhaps he was cut off from the internet at home at that time.

"Former high school classmates painted a picture of the 5-foot-6, 160-pound Sigg as an intelligent teen who often wore black and complained about school but who would stay late sometimes to work on computers. Sigg was interested in mortuary science and was taking forensics classes, according to classmates.

"http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Prosecutors-to-file-charges-in-Ridgeway-case-3992017.php

as a pool owner, I do not see how a pool could be used easily. He would have to get a hose to get the pool cleaned up and that is a huge job Plus, he is outside in the open .

Add to it the pool cover. There are more expensive rigid pool covers, but it sounds like they have the kind that I have--the cheap one.

It is not rigid and when it rains, water puddles and it weighs a ton and is very difficult to move

He could have done it in his house where there are many bathrooms or who knows where?

It does seem like he is daring. Abducting a child in the morning and attacking a runner in the early afternoon.

I don't know if it was so much that he was daring as it was his mom expected him home at night/he had a curfew/had to do these things when mom was at work.

Do we know when AS's house was questioned during the blanket of the neighborhood?

The reason I ask is that in this article it states:

Even Austin Sigg was questioned by police, according to 9News, which reported that he let them in the house to look for the girl.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...d-mom-suspect-austin?source=pkg#ixzz2AiWSxDN2

I wonder if her body was even in the house at the time of this search? If so, he was taking a pretty strong risk (if they had ANY idea at the time) of being revealed during this search. Yet he willingly let them in the house...

Either they had NO CLUE at the time, or I think her body wasn't at his house...YET. I think he went back to the scene of the dismemberment AFTER his house was searched and brought back his trophies. :furious:

I can't find an exact date when the Sigg home was searched. If I come across it I'll post it.

Excerpt: "Clark Bechtel, a park ranger and retired Marine who lives across from the Siggs, said that around Oct. 15, FBI agents began knocking on doors, interviewing residents and asking them about their neighbors."

Excerpt: "Naomi Fox, who lives on Sigg's street, West 102nd Avenue, said police didn't seem more focused on that stretch — or didn't seem to have a suspect in mind.

"They had these vans all over," Fox said.

On Oct. 17, authorities searched Fox's home, asking whether they had noticed any delivery trucks or laborers in the area lately.

Rebecca Martinez, who lives on the same side of the street as the Siggs, said authorities came to her house Oct. 15, and her husband voluntarily submitted to a DNA test. Her husband fell into the broad age range of the suspect in the May 28 abduction attempt."

Read more: Police strategy may have spurred mom of suspect Austin Sigg to call - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...have-spurred-mom-suspect-austin#ixzz2An8SSOvE

Austin Sigg's home searched in early stages of Ridgeway search
VIDEO: http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...early-stages-Ridgeway-search?odyssey=nav|head

I've checked the Denver news outlets. So far, I can't find the time for AS's hearing today. I am guessing no cameras in court again today since this case is still in the juvenile court and maybe because of the gag order too.

Correct me if I'm mistaken - was this "*advertiser censored* addiction therapy" confirmed by a legitimate source? Was it his aunt that stated he had undergone therapy?

Assuming that it is an accurate account - was more information provided other than that one statement? Could it have been an over-reactive form of therapy such as the type that attempts to "cure homosexuality"?

I have a 15 year old boy and as a mother I'd be more concerned about his sexual health if he wasn't interested or curious about nekkid images. Of course there are extremes that could reach unhealthy levels... but not knowing the true reality of ARS's "addiction" I think it is a bit premature to make a foregone conclusion about the nature and magnitude.

JMO

It's occurred to me that his *advertiser censored* addiction he was being treated for had to do with his desire for children. If you recall his young female neighbor claimed he liked to play with the young girls in the neighborhood. I wonder if it had been discovered that he was viewing child *advertiser censored* and the mother put him in therapy for that. He could have also been viewing *advertiser censored* w/violent acts. Just wondering. It makes sense to me.

When was AS home schooled?

I don't think that he was ... at least I've never read that he was. Besides, he was raised by a single parent after the age of about 6, so I don't really understand how a single parent could home school her children.

I find the timing of this interesting. The law changed in April, and in May, Sigg assaulted the 22 year old jogger in the park. It's also interesting that prosecutors now have to justify why a youth should be perceived as an adult.

"The 17-year-old boy accused of killing Jessica Ridgeway likely will be the first high-profile teenage defendant to test a new law designed to make it more difficult to charge juveniles as adults."

Sigg's defense lawyers will likely move for a reverse-transfer hearing, said Kim Dvorchak, director of the Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition.

This legal procedure — allowed under House Bill 1271, signed by the governor in April — would require the prosecution to make a case for why Sigg should not be tried in juvenile court.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...through-new-juvenile?source=pkg#ixzz2AnK5IWG0

Thank you for sharing! Channel ID (if anyone has it), has been running either a 30min or 1 hour special about the case lately. I actually tried to work through it here but most of the images have long since been removed. Thanks again for sharing. Had you been there before?

I had never been there before...Just saw all the pics on the news and Websleuths. I was visiting family in Orlando and the site was about 4 miles from our hotel. I got up that morning with Caylee on my mind and I was just compelled to go there. Weird form of closure for me!

My heart still breaks for Caylee....there was no reason for that sweet baby to die....IMHO..FCA is perhaps the most selfish person in the world. The "Evil Grands" follow along behind her! How these people live with themselves is beyond me!

I have 2 grandsons and one grand daughter who were born in 2005. They mean the world to me and I can't fathom losing them.

The link would not open today...ugh..c/p'ed again.

http://s1321.photobucket.com/albums/u550/MustangSally9696/

Rest In Peace..Caylee Anthony & Jessica Christine Ridgeway!

IMO, I think it will be determined that he watched several movies that are available to anyone in the mainstream media that feature and/or imply torture/mutilation/sexual abuse of women.

I don't know but your post gave me an idea. If something in the house smelled like decay, he could pass it off as one of his school projects to his mom.
--------------

Or a dead rat, or maybe a dead squirrel.

Are there any pictures of the pool by the house taken recently? I am wondering if the pool was covered, he could have dismembered her in the empty pool, under cover? EW. Sorry, that was hard to type.

R.I.P. Jessica

The pool was covered on the day the vehicle was removed from the property.

2zs8qyh.jpg

Published on Oct 24, 2012 by 7NewsDenver
"AIRTRACKER7 video of an SUV being towed from Austin Sigg's family home in Westminster......"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jhjJ9ZIyQ"]SUV towed from Austin Sigg's home - YouTube[/ame]

I posted a week ago, I think, that maybe something was "found" in that SUV. Maybe that something "found" was a "smell".

The pool was covered on the day the vehicle was removed from the property.

2zs8qyh.jpg

Notice the side entry on the lower level? Has anyone noticed that before? The parking pad goes right up to that side entry.

Anyone else think that maybe the "dismemberment" could have happened in the back of the SUV itself? Could have be driven to a remote location.

If that happened, there must have been significant effort to try and clean it up and deodorize.

I find the timing of this interesting. The law changed in April, and in May, Sigg assaulted the 22 year old jogger in the park. It's also interesting that prosecutors now have to justify why a youth should be perceived as an adult.

"The 17-year-old boy accused of killing Jessica Ridgeway likely will be the first high-profile teenage defendant to test a new law designed to make it more difficult to charge juveniles as adults."

Sigg's defense lawyers will likely move for a reverse-transfer hearing, said Kim Dvorchak, director of the Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition.

This legal procedure — allowed under House Bill 1271, signed by the governor in April — would require the prosecution to make a case for why Sigg should not be tried in juvenile court.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...through-new-juvenile?source=pkg#ixzz2AnK5IWG0

What would be wonderful would be if that Governor were voted out of office for that decision.

This is the problem, jmo people (adults, juveniles) are allowed to get away with murder, literally! If a law were past that would actually punish or even put to death an individual that obviously has more then mental issues going on then this will happen time and time again. This country has lost it's back bone when dealing with defective people. jmo

Notice the side entry on the lower level? Has anyone noticed that before? The parking pad goes right up to that side entry.

I think that would be one of the doors for accessing the garage.

I just had another person tell me recently: "Oh, well, I don't read the news."

IMO, if they don't read the news, imagine what else they are ignorant about.

And, I'm sure that perps. are very happy about that.

Anyone else think that maybe the "dismemberment" could have happened in the back of the SUV itself? Could have be driven to a remote location.

If that happened, there must have been significant effort to try and clean it up and deodorize.

I would be surprised if the dismemberment took place in the vehicle. That would require alot of cleanup whereas a bathtub would be easier cleanup in comparison. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57