CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Sigg been arraigned? If not, does anyone know why not?

Yes. The most recent court date was at the end of November. He lost his request to not be transferred to adult detention facilities. He is also going to be tried as an adult.

I do remember a blurb about his having been moved from the juvenile facility to the adult on a page or two back.

Here is a link from the Denver Post updated on November 28, 2012 - this was before they transferred him though.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-suspect-jessica-ridgeway-case-seeks-transfer

ETA: Here's more about his transfer from post #1255 by I8MyPaint
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8586696&postcount=1255"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - *ARREST!* Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23[/ame]
It has a link to an article from Channel 9 News that seems more up-to-date than the link I posted above. Sorry...

Hi all. I am still lurking, but wanted to post this:

57HtB.jpg

Two charges added, and pre-trial hearing to be closed to the media/public: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...for-first-time-since-being-send-to-adult-jail

The teen accused of kidnapping and killing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was charged with two new counts in court Wednesday.

Austin Sigg already faced 17 charges in the case. The charges added Wednesday are for Sexual Assault and Crime of Violence.

In court Wedneday, the judge ordered Sigg's preliminary hearing be closed to the media and the public. That means we may have to wait many more weeks for more specifics about the evidence in the case. That hearing is now set for Feb. 22.

I would agree, but I try not to think about it absent any clarification from the prosecution.

This guy makes me so sick.

I just can't wait to get more of this story to try and put together what happened here. True, the main thing that happened is that he is an evil human being, but to do this at such a young age still baffles my mind.

This guy makes me so sick.

I just can't wait to get more of this story to try and put together what happened here. True, the main thing that happened is that he is an evil human being, but to do this at such a young age still baffles my mind.

Who knows if we will ever really know what happened. For the most part we will likely only have his word. I suspect he will or has told the police. Whether its the truth or the whole truth or not is anyone's guess.

The new charges seem to belie Sigg's statements about how she was quickly tied up & choked. :tears:

Interesting point, stillwatersc -- if you're right (and it certainly sounds like you are -- unless he just wanted to prolong the horror of it), then it's no wonder that the 22-y/o got away from him.

He had these grand plans for this woman, and he (thank God) couldn't pull it off. So he slithers under a rock for a while and decides that he will attack a helpless elementary school-aged child. A fifth-grader. A loving, happy and innocent little girl who dreamed not of evil, but of puppies and cheerleading and taking care of a neighbor's cats. Even that little girl may have been more of a challenge than he thought it would be. But, as he did from the first (known) attack, he learned from his experience with that sweet innocent child, and he would be better the next time -- and The People of the State of Colorado cannot let there be a next time for this man.
icon8.gif
:furious:

Thinking of you sweet Jessica and all the holidays you won't have.

Read more: DA wants hearing in Jessica Ridgeway murder case open to public - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-close-hearing-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2GK1pw0FX

Judge Stephen Munsinger ruled that the preliminary hearing for Austin Sigg will be closed to the media and the general public after Sigg's attorney said media coverage had been pervasive and extensive. The judge said coverage of the preliminary hearing would taint the jury pool.

Read more: DA wants hearing in Jessica Ridgeway murder case open to public - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-close-hearing-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2GRuAMEkB

Ironically, neither the Prosecutor or Defense Attorney filed a motion to close the preliminary hearing to the media or the public. Imo, Judge Stephen Munsinger, is not only legislating from the bench, but ignoring the public's 1st amendment right of being informed. He should be ashamed, imo. An aware, informed, & educated juror pool is essential, for the personification of justice; 'balancing the scales of truth and fairness for all sides'..imo..

"Silence & lack of transparency is the predator's most lethal weapon"...

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown said…(LUV this Quote)

'We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled.

It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetence, and error? We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens.

Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500